Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 06, 2013 08:04AM
Pulling fans we are about 48 hours away from the kickoff of Region 3 action on Saturday night in Ellsworth Wi at the Pierce County Fairgrounds. The 9th annual "Showdown In Curdtown" will roar down 2 tracks beginning at 7pm. Tickets go on sale at 4:30 and gates open at 5.

Many of you are wondering what the weather is going to do........... I've looked at about a dozen forcasts today and not one of them are the same!!!!! My personal guess is we should be able to get the show in but it will be a bit chilly, HOWEVER I will do my best to keep updates as current as possible here, on midnight mistress board, and our facebook page Ellsworth FFA Alumni NTPA Truck and Tractor Pull.

My phone number is 612-802-4447 We look forward to seeing everyone!

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 06, 2013 08:21AM
Thanks Doug, I appreciate it Im coming from west of Minneapolis so any info is great. The forcast I have seen for your area is calling for chance of rain after 11pm so ill keep my fingers crossed. Im looking forward to eating some Cheese curds BeerGrinning

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 08, 2013 12:07AM
Folks it's 7am and the sun is shining!!! It doesn't appear that we should get any rain until late tonight so every effort will be made to be done by 10:30-11:00 so we will be starting promptly at 7pm! I am expecting about 70 hooks but we can get this done! I will update again at approx 1pm

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 08, 2013 05:29AM
It's almost 12:30...... Track looks good as it is cloudy but breezy and things are comming together quite well! Pullers are arriving, beer is cooling and waiting for u all! Bring a jacket and join us tonight at 7!

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 08, 2013 07:36AM
It's 2:30..... Radar indicates rain in southwest mn.... Hourly forcast here is not showing rain until after 10pm..... Still 100% on!

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 08, 2013 08:02AM
I know you don't want to hear this but it's raining about an hour and a half south west of you. System seems to be moving pretty slow though. Good luck.

THANKS FOR A GOOD SHOW June 09, 2013 12:40AM
Thanks for the good show!!! mother nature cooperated. I didnt even have to drive home in the rain. and those cheese curds were great THANKS AGAIN for putting a good group of classes together. Looks like the light pro stock is going to have a good group of tractors. BeerGrinning

Re: THANKS FOR A GOOD SHOW June 09, 2013 12:44AM
Any one got any results?

Re: THANKS FOR A GOOD SHOW June 09, 2013 04:36AM
I'm also curious on superfarm results.

Re: THANKS FOR A GOOD SHOW June 09, 2013 04:45AM
superfarm 1 dream on 2 black stallion 3 operation detination 4 blue by u 2 I think that's what I rember

Re: THANKS FOR A GOOD SHOW June 09, 2013 05:03AM
How about 2wd

Results June 09, 2013 06:06AM
[www.ntpapull.com]

Re: THANKS From the Ellsworth FFA Alumni June 09, 2013 06:40AM
The Ellsworth FFA Alumni would like to thank all who came out to support our event! Thanks go out to the participants, sponsors, and fans!
2013 was our largest show to date as we had 81 hooks. We did expire emcee some growing pains again this year and every effort will be made to continue to make this a bigger and better show for years to come!

For participants....... We found a freshly painted black IH weight near the scale for the pit side track ( light pro, super farm, or heavy diesel). Kevin will have it along with him in his hauler or let me know here who might be missing the weight.

Again thank you for everyone's support! Next years date will be June 7

Re: THANKS From the Ellsworth FFA Alumni June 10, 2013 02:57PM
Ellsworth was a great pull! had a lot of fun! You guys did a great job! Did the weight have red on the back and bottom side? we hung our weights on open 55 gallon drums before the pull and painted them.

Photos are up on our website June 10, 2013 12:57PM
Photos from Ellsworth are up on our website.

Moore Photos

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 09, 2013 06:45AM
How about light pro results? Didn't see them on either ntpa or wtpa sites.

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 09, 2013 09:13AM
was anyone there taken photos of the event?

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 09, 2013 10:44AM
You folks did a fantastic job. You have run very good shows in the past but this year you stepped it up several notches. I was very impressed. Congrats to you and your community. Ray

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 10, 2013 01:24PM
the cheese curds where as good as ever ( should be, Cousin Beth runs the Marketing dept ) and the show was the best yet. One observance from those of us at 300 feet was it seemed that the X factor sled pulled really tough/everyone had a heck of a time getting going or was the starting line really that loose? Grandstand side pulled really nice all the way down.

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 11, 2013 01:08AM
The pit side track was not cooperating with us! Being a new track it was very soft at the starting line (the wheels on the sled were sinking 4 inches) so yes it was very hard to get moving. I think the sled operator a great job adjusting to the conditions! We have work to do to that track no doubt but considering the spring it went pretty well

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 11, 2013 11:16AM
Yes new tracks are always "soft"

Re: Ellsworth Wi "Showdown In Curdtown" June 8 UPDATES June 12, 2013 01:23PM
Thanks Doug! Wasn't looking at stirring the pot or nothing like that. Again a great show and can't wait till next year!Cool
BGR

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009