open supers August 28, 2018 01:10AM
is this class done???? its a joke now days. almost all class fillers with one or two good tractors. how come all the light alckie tractors run good but the big alckies run like garbage???

Re: open supers August 28, 2018 02:18AM
waste of a class
how come all the light alckie tractors run good but the big alckies run like garbage???

Who ever said it didn't cost any more to go bigger didn't know what they were talking about years ago! Put the open supers with the mods and bring back the 7500 true superstock class, combine the fuels and lower the cubic inches! Yep, I know how this opinion is going to go over!

Re: open supers August 28, 2018 04:27AM
You read my mind, you got my vote, toss them in with the mods and go back to mix 75 supers.

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Contrasting opinion August 28, 2018 05:25AM
A case can be made that the heavy (Open or Unlimited) SS class is in better shape than the DSS class on a national level. Part of it depends on whether you are only referring to NTPA (which is organization-specific) or whether you are talking about the class as a whole, encompassing PPL (same class with different name).

The largest NTPA DSS class has been 12 entries. The largest SSO class in NTPA has been 12 entries. The PPL Unlimited SS class largest field was 17 at Brooklyn, MI. Five separate PPL events have had USS fields larger than the largest SSD class in NTPA. Keep in mind several PPL/NTPA events ran the heavy alkies over top of each other. The DSS class cannot use that as an excuse.

With the exception of Brandenburg, every SSD hook has had between 10-12. Tomah, BG, and Wellington had between 10-12 SSO entries. Every PPL event except Saluda has had between 11-17 entries. So, to reiterate the original point, looking at the big picture beyond just NTPA, the Open/Unlimited SS class has had as good or better numbers (on average) than the DSS class.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2018 06:48AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Contrasting opinion August 28, 2018 05:42AM
I would agree with that opinion...PPL is having no problems with numbers in the UL/SS class..Every year it seems like there are less DSS pullers than the year before..

Re: One other factor August 28, 2018 06:06AM
In years past, the state/regional SS tractors would run a GN pull in their area. That is much less common now. Other than alky tractors in Ohio, the fewer SS pullers remaining seem less willing to jump up and hook at a GN event, even one within a reasonable distance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2018 06:06AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Contrasting opinion August 28, 2018 02:03PM
The Original Michael
A case can be made that the heavy (Open or Unlimited) SS class is in better shape than the DSS class on a national level. Part of it depends on whether you are only referring to NTPA (which is organization-specific) or whether you are talking about the class as a whole, encompassing PPL (same class with different name).

The largest NTPA DSS class has been 12 entries. The largest SSO class in NTPA has been 12 entries. The PPL Unlimited SS class largest field was 17 at Brooklyn, MI. Five separate PPL events have had USS fields larger than the largest SSD class in NTPA. Keep in mind several PPL/NTPA events ran the heavy alkies over top of each other. The DSS class cannot use that as an excuse.

With the exception of Brandenburg, every SSD hook has had between 10-12. Tomah, BG, and Wellington had between 10-12 SSO entries. Every PPL event except Saluda has had between 11-17 entries. So, to reiterate the original point, looking at the big picture beyond just NTPA, the Open/Unlimited SS class has had as good or better numbers (on average) than the DSS class.

I am talking about the class as a WHOLE. Across the WHOLE United States of America.

Re: open supers August 28, 2018 06:24AM
If they cut the cubes to under 500 and restrict the pump size back to 15mm you would gain more tractors again the reason there are only a few tractors left is because it's just to exspencive the way it is now and this is true for both classes

Re: open supers August 28, 2018 08:07AM
This year has shown lower #'s in every class ! When the Pullers are trying to save money, they don't lean on the engines as hard. Repairs cost money.

Re: open supers August 29, 2018 02:21AM
its not just about numbers. most big alckies just pop an bang an fart and never make a full pass??? most of them are outdated junk!!! the class is a joke. ppl has a bunch of class fillers that will run from the class if terry josh and brian keep embarrassing them every week. the class is crap. i wish triple bypass would hook in the class and embarrass most of the outdated garbage.

Re: Name names please August 29, 2018 03:27AM
waste of a class
its not just about numbers. most big alckies just pop an bang an fart and never make a full pass??? most of them are outdated junk!!! the class is a joke. ppl has a bunch of class fillers that will run from the class if terry josh and brian keep embarrassing them every week. the class is crap. i wish triple bypass would hook in the class and embarrass most of the outdated garbage.

Please name names. Which specific tractors or drivers do you feel are pop, bang, fart, joke, crap as you described them?

Re: open supers August 29, 2018 04:43AM
waste of a class

You don't have a clue what you are talking about...

Re: open supers August 29, 2018 12:20AM
I’m willing to bet if the Chisek tractors keep running PPL you’ll see diminishing numbers there real soon as well. No one likes getting beat by 20-30’ on a regular basis

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason