Need quick help with IH wide front hubs June 16, 2013 07:46AM
Is there a quick way to install 6x5.5 automotive rims on a factory IH front axle? Is there a hub that allows this to be done without much trouble? A dexter trailer hub perhaps with different bearings?

Re: Need quick help with IH wide front hubs June 16, 2013 08:38AM
I know of no way that you are talking about. As far as if you would be buying Dexter hubs I don't think a machine shop would charge a whole lot more to drill and tap your IH hubs. It does not take much time on a Bridgeport. You probably also have to get the locating ring on the hub turned to fit. I have also seen a guy grind down the ring by hand and lay the wheel over the hub and mark the holes with a transfer punch. Then he drilled the holes with a hand drill in a vice. Can't tell the difference from all the ones I have done on my mill to his jerry rig job.

Re: Need quick help with IH wide front hubs June 20, 2013 02:42PM
yes just did it went from 6 bolt 6" to 6 bolt 5.5. bought adapter hubs from [mywheeladapters.com]
good $ and fast delivery
'

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009