Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 16, 2013 12:17PM
Usa east and full pull productions start this so called new class the "work stock diesel truck" class and it seems to be a bit of a joke. Simply because trucks that ran the 2.6 class last year are now pulling in it and beating the rest of the class by 20 to 30 feet inbetween 1st and 2nd place. and in the case of the pull this past weekend at lawrence county fair grounds, brookville, and mercer, the first place truck is over 100 feet infront of the trucks around 8th place and lower in a field of 25 trucks. It seems that after attending those three hooks that the top three or four trucks seem to be dominating everytime and dont seem to be every day daily drivers like what the class is spose to be. They say that the class is for the everyday joe schmoe that wants to hook his truck, but if its for that then why do the trucks have to be hauled in if their spose to be daily drivers. But in that case, everytime joe schmoe wants to hook his truck and he already knos that hes runin for 6th place and lower, hes not going to come.. It sounds like the rules should have been different to prevent trucks that deffinitly are not works stock from competing in the class. And when truck show up for that class and guys wrench on them for 20 or 30 minutes so their ready to pull is not right either.. Especially in the case of the chevys are where this is happening the most. And it sounds like trucks need to be checked better also and start checking for clipped chargers and so forth and lockers in the front and back of trucks. Those are huge dissadvantages to the rest of the class and should not be needed for a streed stock class. guys that driver their trucks everyday do not have those in them. The class needs to be the way its announced to the crowd. Not an illusion like what was created

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 21, 2013 06:55AM
I am personally familiar with one of the trucks you're questioning and I assure you it was never a 2.6 truck, and furthermore, it is daily driven. It has been put together thoughtfully and the setup obviously works. But there are no secret squirrel parts on there that no one else has.....anyone could put those same parts on a similar truck and do similarly well. I could write out the recipe for you right here in about 5 minutes.

The problem about ANY class is that there will always be a handful of guys who are serious about it and build to the extent of the rules, and then everyone else who either don't care as much, don't put in enough time, or are budget limited. This is true in every aspect of motorsports.....one winner and everyone else who didn't win. Is it the winner's fault that the others didn't choose to be as serious about winning?

One thing to keep in mind: electronic engines that can be turned up and down with the flick of a switch will dominate that class. It gives you the best of both worlds.

IMO it is up to the others in the class to suck it up and step up their game. Were there not 3 other trucks in the class at Goshen that were all right close together at the front of the field? Sounds like decent competition showed up there. What happened at Lawrence County? Were those trucks somewhere else that night?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2013 06:57AM by dieselsmoke.

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 21, 2013 11:26PM
if there still running the 2.6 turbo there cheating rules say stock turbo or from other years from same truck

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 22, 2013 03:04AM
The truck mentioned above has a stock turbo.

The Ford 6.4, GM 6.6, and CTD 5.9/6.7 can all make 500hp with a stock turbo and tuner. If you cannot make at least that number, you will get serious footage put upon you. The definition of daily driver horsepower goes up every year; a lot of progress is being made. Still nowhere near was a 400 cu in gasser can do with boost and rpm....

If you think FPP's WS class is too hot, you should see some of the WS trucks in OH and KY.

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 22, 2013 04:04AM
i have a road truck pushing 600 hp + but u cant do that with a stock turbo read the rules

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 22, 2013 04:30AM
I know the rules better than you do Chris, guaranteed.

Heck, even the small IHI on a LB7 Dmax will do 550 repeatably. The newer generations will do more.

Little hint, it's not just the turbo.

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 28, 2013 05:24AM
chris trout
i have a road truck pushing 600 hp + but u cant do that with a stock turbo read the rules
It's been done with a stock turbo duramax several times that have been talked about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 04:33PM by duramax3388.

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 29, 2013 02:53AM
guy started this form upset that guys went from the 2.6 class last year down to the stock class upset that guys didnt down grade there trucks and i agree they didnt

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 29, 2013 10:23AM
Sounds to me like something is wrong with the way the class is set up if they didn't have to cool them off to run what I understand is a stock class or they didn't have a 2.6 class like they run here in Missouri because the 2.6's here sure aren't stock!!!!!

Re: Usa East work stock diesel... Is it a joke?? June 29, 2013 12:41PM
chris trout
guy started this form upset that guys went from the 2.6 class last year down to the stock class upset that guys didnt down grade there trucks and i agree they didnt

Name the truck that was 2.6 last year and bumped down to WS and kept the 2.6 turbo...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM