pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 26, 2013 10:47PM
Looking for aluminum rods and pistons for a 5.9 Cummins to run in a LLSS class. Where is the best place to find them or have some made?

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 27, 2013 01:18AM
We can manufacture you billet aluminum rods, and pistons. Send me an email and I can send you a picture of some rods we built.

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 27, 2013 11:42AM
why would you want aluminum rods lighter pistons maybe stock rods can take anything a hx60 can dish out and still turn 6000rpm spend that 2 grand some where else been there

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 28, 2013 03:37AM
How much can stock hardened rods hold? I spit one out the side of the block, probably due to raising pin to high and ran out of meat. Don't want that again. So the Haisely hardened rods would work fine? This is for an allky engine.

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 28, 2013 11:17AM
I mean the rods from Cummins Performance.

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 28, 2013 03:29PM
I ran stock rods in my Cockshutt farmagedon that has a cummins in it for 3 years with at least 30 hooks per year no problems the new engine I built just before I sold it in Feb has Deutz rods if anyone would want new natural gas pistons I can supply them 125 each with rings full fuel bowl 9 1/2 comp after you cut valve reliefs nice pistons 270 566 2901

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 29, 2013 12:23AM
I dont think anyone is hardening a stock 5.9 rod. Most are measuring, polishing, shot peening , and putting good rod bolts in. And this should be about $400 plus or minus what you do for bolts.

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 29, 2013 04:55AM
Heat treated, stress relieved, micro-polished, with A1 HD rod bolts, From Cummins performance. This should be good right? Anybody use these.Wonder how much these will take?

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 29, 2013 07:17AM
Did you not understand take the rods put your pistons on them and go pulling send me any money you want to waste over 90 hooks 60 pounds of boost and still running alky don't put near the stress on rods that diesel does heat treat. micro polish and stress relieve your wallet detonate the engine and the best rods money can buy may not hold

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 29, 2013 10:57AM
Lewis have your wife check her email, I sent a pic of my ventilated block from the rods you sold me. I think the machine shop moved the pin to high and ran out of strength. Or I just made to much HP to keep it all in. $700 for stronger rods is a lot cheaper then a block, crank, cam, rods, pistons, distributor and machine work, and I hope my head is good.

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 29, 2013 04:26PM
well after seeing parts of my old rods they are stronger than the block an autopsy should be easy to perform how did it run

Re: pistons and aluminum rods for 5.9 Cummins June 29, 2013 10:37AM
I would put a counter balance crank in first then aluminum rods. We have both in are 5.9 but we also run both one and three charger set-up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009