False Advertising July 08, 2013 03:04PM
Anyone else get aggrevated when people put false ads on the for sale page? they say it is legal and it is not (ex: Floyd N 560 with RD engines)....come on people, sell it for what it is...a brush puller!!

Re: False Advertising July 08, 2013 03:59PM
Says, NATPA, that there is ANTIQUE pullin, don't get more brush than that, so looks like true advertising to me.

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 12:08AM
Go to natpa.com, then the rules section and actually READ the rules. In not one of the divisions is a RD motor in a 560 chassis legal, if FloydN was a honest seller he'd amend the ad to state its not NATPA legal. If I was a buyer who bought it thinking I could take it to one of their pulls and got thrown out in tech b/c its not legal, I'd be one pissed off s.o.b!

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 02:00AM
Is it not the pullers responsibly to know the rules is his or hers own class???

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 02:12AM
it is the pullers responsibility...BUT if someone advertises a tractor on here that is for example Pro Pulling League or NTPA LEGAL Pro Stock...and says it is LEGAL...but then sells the tractor over cubes, too big a turbo...etc...that seller is FALSE ADVERTISING and MISLEADING the buyer......ahhhhh the phrase BUYER BEWARE is definitely true with the RD 560 ad as stated.............

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 02:47AM
I went to NATPA's web site and read the rules for DIV 4 and 5. If you read the Div 4 rule number 10 it lays out what can be used for that DIV. Now go to DIV 5 number 10, it says nothing to the sort. It talks about it must be the same number of cylinders, and same lentgh. It must be same brand as original. Are the RD 501's longer than say the c 301? If so could it be milled down to the same length? Lots of questions to be asked and answered. Ask the man who approved the motor for NATPA use. That sounds fairly simple. Why brow beat the man and say things like that without knowing first? I cant imagine the man lying about it when it can so easily be checked up on. But hey....I guess if I was a buyer, I would do my own home work first. Just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2013 02:49AM by Redaintdead.

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 04:15AM
The Red Diamond is illegal in NATPA divisional classes. Proposal was submitted at April meeting to allow the RD's and some other engines in for other brands but the motion died for lack of support. A tractor with a RD is perfectly legal under the USAP-style Modified rules and in many clubs. It is HIGHLY advisable to spend the time to investigate the claim of legality of a tractor for a specific organization before spending the money on it. For the tractor that's being discussed here, it would have to go through NATPA tech and classified for a division or divisions to truly be NATPA legal, and better yet the results on NATPA.com would offer history of the tractor in NATPA competition if indeed it's NATPA legal. For further thinking: A bone-stock M technically is illegal for Division 1 until it goes through the tech process...food for thought.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 04:53AM
Bryan--read USAP rule #15 FOR ALL CLASSES--tractors must have the STOCK AG ENGINE for frames, transmission or factory replacement....GUARENTEE a RD 501 is NOT a factory replacement for a 460/560 engine 301 (the 301 WAS the replacement for the correct engine). Also it says, same rule.....NO ADAPTER PLATES allowed for the engine....501 RD uses adapter plates for the 460/560....it "appears" legal cause the rule is NOT enforced. Also, how many RD 501's run 20% over RPMS like their rules state in these RD 460/560s? ..........few, if any......

Re: False Advertising Attn Maybe July 09, 2013 05:30AM
Here's a link to a set of photos I shot at The Lampkin (founder of USAP) Farm USAP pull in 2011...there are at a minimum 3 460/560's with RD's in them pictured. They're allowed in Modified classes, not the Super Farm classes. You'll also see the big "Wauk" in some Olivers, the 451 engine used in irrigation and generator applications.

Lampkin Farm 2011 Pull

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

To Bryan Lively July 09, 2013 11:03AM
Do you know the name of the guy with the 560 IH with the RD motor called "Dirtslinger II"? I built that tractor quite a few years ago, and was curious how he's been doing with it, as I lost all my info on who I had sold it to....
Thanks!!.......Tony Hassebroek

Re: To Bryan Lively July 09, 2013 11:21AM
Bobby Birdsong is his name Tony. Great family of pullers.

Side note, father in law has a WK sitting in weeds, I shake my head every time I see it and think what could be done...

Re: To Bryan Lively July 10, 2013 12:14AM
Thanks for the update Neal, didnt know there was an owner in between.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 11:13AM
Plain to see where super farm competitors ALL come from.
Just a bunch of 'tiqures with too much money, now they pay to make people listen to them whine!
May Cliff Billman rest in peace!

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 07:00AM
IH Red Diamond engines are a manufacturer's replacement for W40/WK40 tractors.

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 07:04AM
yes W40....not the 460/560!

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 11:46AM
There is more diamond engines than the Red. There is Silver, Black and I believe but very rare Blue. They are all different sizes. I believe the "Silver" head is the one that bolts right on a C-301 and is legal in 460/560. So if you found a Silver diamond engine then you could bolt in and make any size you want inside.

Re: False Advertising July 09, 2013 12:34PM
I believe that the Dirtslinger II was originally purchased by a gentleman named Roy Alexander, before Mr. Birdsong bought it from him.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,717, Posts: 229,825, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,961.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro