Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 16, 2013 09:54AM
Western Sweep Onawa, Iowa
Reminder of the first night of WESTERN SWEEP in Onawa, Iowa this Thurs. 7/18 Starts at 7:00 p.m.
TWO SLEDS
Classes
DSS
LLP
SF
MOD
ULSS
TWD Trucks
D 4X4 Trucks
This track has a reputation of being a power track and has been voted as pull of the year
Hope to see you there
Steve Hansohn

Re: Western Sweep, Hinton, Iowa July 16, 2013 01:23PM
Should be two goods nights of pulling at Onawa & Hinton, IA. Heard they were going to have the Outlaw Jumbotron big screen at both events doing replays and slow motion. 7 classes each night. Saw the big screen at the red light in Hinton today running the TV commercial. They big screen sure looked good at Rock Valley this past weekend.

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 16, 2013 01:30PM
The western sweep just isn't the same anymore without Carroll, NE to finish off the weekend.

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 17, 2013 07:31AM
enjoy the 2 diesel 4wds that will be there, one heck of class.............

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 17, 2013 08:47AM
Hey I guess it's better than watching zero! It's only the first year give it time .

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 17, 2013 09:18AM
Had 4 at Rock Valley

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 18, 2013 03:25AM
I just went to the track and the guys are busy for tonight's show it looks like we will have one heck of a good show. Many pullers are already arriving.
With two sleds this pull is one of the best organized pulls around. I might add that the Outlaws will have the big screen here as well.
I hope to see you tonight
Steve Hansohn

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 18, 2013 12:14PM
me personally id like to see the pro stock class rather than the diesel pickups but just to let you all know that if the onawa pull cant come close to breaking even this year its done hinton iowa is being put on by the outlaws organization this year because they had the same problem with not making money so go enjoy these pulls while we have them

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 18, 2013 08:40AM
If outlaws would of just went with PPL's rules they would have a lot more trucks. Not allowing factory cclb trucks hurts them

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 18, 2013 09:23AM
how do you figure that? I see maybe 3 trucks on a very consistent basis pull with the bush pullers and they are the same ones pulling outlaw. sad thing is that a couple of those were pulling the last few years with that small nebraska truck group in a 2.8 class that had 6-8 trucks any given night. now rather than go with there rules everyone strarted making new rules and all the groups get to see 3 trucks at any pull. if i was the promoter i would be mad that i paid anything more than a few hundred dollars for that class. oh well they get to be the big fish it the little pond.

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 18, 2013 09:36AM
There was a big discussion on competitiondiesel.com this spring about Outlaw's 2.6 class. Lots of guys weren't gonna pull with them because of the no dual tire rule, and 158" wheelbase rule. I know of a couple that won't go to the Iowa State fair pull because of the rules. At least at some shows they might be able to draw in more trucks.

Re: Western Sweep, Onawa, Iowa July 18, 2013 12:02PM
Majority of the people that complained wouldnt have went to outlaw pulls anyways because their location. The ones close to the outlaw pulls that complained about the single tire rules puledl their outer duals off and still went even though the said they wouldnt.

RESULTS???? July 19, 2013 12:03AM
Any results from the pull last night???

Re: RESULTS???? July 19, 2013 02:16AM
MOD - River Rat, Bullwhip, Turbinator, Sweet Pain

USS - Deerefever, Red Ink, Git-r-dun 21

SF - Red Rock

LLP - All In

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2013 04:17AM by Allen Ulmer.

Re: RESULTS???? July 19, 2013 03:26AM
I would like to take a moment and thank all of the pullers and fans that came to our pull in Onawa last night. Without your support we couldn't put on show
We really appreciate your support

Steve Hansohn

Re: RESULTS???? July 19, 2013 03:49AM
Outlaw website is the worst one out there. Slow on results and the point standings are never up to date. Just my opinion.

Re: RESULTS???? July 19, 2013 04:15AM
Results for West Liberty, IA from Wednesday and also Onawa, IA last night are now on the Outlaw website.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: RESULTS???? July 20, 2013 12:52AM
Steve Hansohn
I would like to take a moment and thank all of the pullers and fans that came to our pull in Onawa last night. Without your support we couldn't put on show
We really appreciate your support

Steve Hansohn
Went there for the first time, good pull.

Re: RESULTS???? July 24, 2013 09:06AM
Thank you, I will pas it on to the Fair Board and the Tractor Pull Committee. Hope to have you back next year
Steve Hansohn

Re: RESULTS???? July 24, 2013 03:55PM
Steve ,I have always loved coming to Onawa's pull, your crowd is great, pull committee is always welcoming and polite, but when it comes pull time I just dread having to hook my tractor to your track. Maybe some work to the track for next year? It would be nice to actually have something to hook in to. Possibly haul in some clay? Spend more time prepping the track would help a lot, some of the pulls spend a week before prepping the track, I do understand that is kind of hard to do with your fair going on. Take some time to get all the rocks out of the track so we are not ruining $10,000 sets of tires. Talk to doug about running the classes in a different order? These are just suggestions, I am not trying to hammer on you, I would just like to have a better track to pull on to try to save my tractor for the rest of the season.

Thanks

Re: Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! July 25, 2013 12:25PM
I would have to agree with less than desirable track conditions. For starters way to much water was added, but I can understand that it was hot and windy so I'm sure they overcompensated thinking the track would dry out. Second of all If you weren't bouncing up and down all the way down the track you just buzzed the tires. I fully agree if you haul some clay in there and mix it would do a world of good or some sand would be another idea. Just my opinion, been going to Onawa since 93 and plan on going for years to come.

Re: Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! July 26, 2013 01:34AM
First of all, Onawa is well run and the people there are first rate. But unfortunately, I have to agree with you about the track. I go there almost every year, but I don't remember them having a good track. Some years the LSS would bounce like basketballs if they didn't lower their hitch. Pretty disappointing to see half of a class struggle when that's the class you came to see. Kinda reminds me of the old Nebraska State Fair. No matter what they did or tried, that dirt there had limitations.

Re: RESULTS???? July 31, 2013 09:28AM
Thanks for giving us truck guys an opportunity to pull. We had 6 trucks at this one, and the class is growing. Lots of broken trucks early this year, but again we really appreciated the opportunity to pull there and had a great time.

From what I know the “un-used” payout money for buying the D4x4 class is given back to the promoters. It’s not like we take a split and keep it. We are not out/in this for the money, but it does help with traveling expenses.

As for the naysayers, sorry you feel the way you do. Please keep an open mind about a new class. The diesel trucks are coming up in this area and the local NBPI and Outlaw groups will have some damn good running stuff on the dirt next year.

We are working on building the class up and will have more truck next year. From what we have been told the crowds have liked the show.

Take care,
Jess

Re: Diesel Pickups July 31, 2013 12:55PM
Diesel pickups? Oh yeah keep em comingSmiling I was in Onawa and you guys did a great job

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,797, Posts: 230,004, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,104, Posts: 226,075.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009