4430 input shaft/gear June 25, 2019 11:55PM
Does anyone make/sell a billet transmission input shaft (the hollow one) and gear for a 4430 ? Trying to stay with the wet clutch setup. Thanks for any info.

Re: 4430 input shaft/gear June 26, 2019 01:37AM
Would this happen to be the same tractor that broke something at Lorah’s Saturday night?
What gear ended up breaking?
To be honest you might be fighting a losing battle.
Anything could be made, but at what cost.

Re: 4430 input shaft/gear June 26, 2019 03:44AM
Yep. The first gear on the shaft and the shaft then it dropped parts down and took a tooth off the bottom gear.. Not positive on which broke 1st. If we can get something made it would still be less expense than a dry clutch setup I think. Maybe next time it gets a different setup. Sure is a job to change it. There was a 4430 with the picture of a buck on the side panel which used to pull at Hughesville Pa. that had issues with a shaft breaking a lot. I would like to know who it was. I haven't seen the tractor pull in a few years.

Re: 4430 input shaft/gear June 26, 2019 11:35AM
My 2 cents for what it worth just spend on a 3 speed and dry clutch be cheaper in the long run. Your making power from what I seen at pig farm and fighting a losing battle with wet clutch and stock trans

Re: 4430 input shaft/gear June 26, 2019 01:55PM
I agree. A good winter project. Going to try it again as is for now. With our fingers and toes crossed. Thanks for the input.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009