Who'll get biggest crowd: Hamburg or Pike? February 24, 2009 03:37PM
Since PPL scheduled over top of their own member state's date on a weekend they've had for years, just a few miles up the road, I'm curious wbat you New York people think.

Which pull will have the biggest crowd- Hamburg or Pike?

Which one will you go to- Hamburg, Pike, or Bowling Green?

Btw, for a PPL pull, who pays the purse?
Does the Erie Co. fair pay the purse?

Re: Who'll get biggest crowd: Hamburg or Pike? February 25, 2009 12:03AM
I think Pike will get a better crowd than Hamburg. If the weather is good I’d expect the bleachers on the Pike hillside to be completely full as usual. I hope Hamburg does well, but I honestly think it's a very, very bad decision to go up against Pike, as well as to go up against all the other weekend events in WNY.

I live less than an hour from both Pike and Hamburg and I’ll be in Bowling Green. Their numbers will be down a little in some classes, but overall I think BG will be fine.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Who'll get biggest crowd: Hamburg or Pike? February 25, 2009 12:59AM
So much for PPL taking care of its member states. I agree, I think Hamburg will be hurt worst than Pike.

What classes? February 25, 2009 03:37AM
What classes will most affect BG? Im thinkin Open SS and mods. Everything else should be fine.

Re: What classes? February 26, 2009 01:36PM
Mods should be alright. Only PPL mods that ran the mods were Leischner(sp?). Now the Unlimteds had dirstslinger, joker, down and dirty, indian outlaw, and maybe more. But with the new unlimiteds it should be fine. SSO will be hurting though. TWDS will go down to 40 instead of 60. SF may drop a few(thank god)

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: What classes? February 26, 2009 05:13PM
Heres my opinion. No one put up money for hamburg. Erie county fair is trying new things and forgetting about the past and the history of the erie county fair. I dont even think they care about the pull anymore. Look at the bleachers and grand stands this past year, Its nothing. Nobody even went. To run two ppl pull that close together is really stupid. There hurting eachother and its not Pikes fault. I dont think bowling green will be hurting at all, nor pike, and that there makes me laugh at hamburg. When they got rid of the prostocks that pull started to go down hill and kept going since. Its sad to see the pull go down hill but there not trying to make it better, only worse.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,759, Posts: 229,920, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM