Erratic Simpson style water valve July 22, 2013 01:13PM
My water injection system preasures jumps around alot. It's a superfarm setup with a 5 gallon pump and am I am using 2 nozzles rated at 765cc@ 1000psi. I am running a 1:1 drive ratio (32 cog) on a 300RPM tractor. After the valve kicks in at 35 psi of boost the computer readout jumps from 500 psi to a temperary flatline at 1100cc and back down to 650ccs or so with only a small chage in boost. 50 psi of boost might be 1000 cc and a drop to 48psi for example would be 650psi and then up to 900psi at 54 psi then 700psi at 52psi then 1100psi again at 56psi boost and on and on. It does this even at higher boost presures like 60 to 65psi My intake air temp used to be 190- 200 on my old electric setup. Now it was going to 240 degrees F. I tried tightening the cogged dive belt a little and brought the intake temps down to the 190-200 range but the graph still looks the same. What is wrong?

Re: Erratic Simpson style water valve July 22, 2013 01:23PM
How do you feed the water pump? Where is tank located in comparison to the pump?

These pumps can cavitate if it's expected to rely on the pump for suction or if the pump is over rpm threshold. You should be good at 3000 rpms at 1:1.

Could you have a supply issue to the pump where it runs out of volume dropping your pressure at times until it catches up?

One way to test if its a valve issue or pump issue is to put another pressure sensor after pump but before valve. If they are both erratic then you have a pump supply issue. If the erratic readings are only after the valve then the volume is good and the valve needs attention. (this is assuming your sensors are all good)

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Erratic Simpson style water valve July 22, 2013 01:34PM
Any vibration at the sensor will cause erratic readings. Put a short piece of braided stainless between the source and the sensor and make sure it does not bump against something causing a vibration. I had this with a fuel pressure sensor and it drove me crazy until I isolated the sensor.

Re: Erratic Simpson style water valve July 23, 2013 12:13AM
Thanks for the imput. I do have a stainless braided line from the distribution block to the preasure sensor but have not been concerned about the routing. The sensor is mounted on a braket that is bolted to the block. Maybe the problem. That's the way I had it with my electric system with no problems but lower preasures. I like the idea of a sensor before the valve to check flow and will get it done but probably not before we pull again. We have 5 hooks yet this week. Thanks agian

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason