oliver pulling tractor February 25, 2009 12:45PM
I was wondering if a tractor called headgames is going to be pulling this year.Does anybody know?I have heard alot about this tractor and never have once seen it run very well.Is the guy who owns it got it running or is it not pulling anymore?

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 25, 2009 01:56PM
looked all there a few weeks ago.probably run mostly in ohio.tractor is in the wooster area.

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 25, 2009 04:05PM
I know the tractor is from wooster,ohio.I know his buddy that helped build the tractor and runs wooster diesel and he says it will be out this year and running great.

Re: Ray Gummershimer February 25, 2009 04:33PM
anyone know about his tractor (other than it's an Oliver)?

Re: Ray Gummershimer February 25, 2009 07:26PM
It is an alcohol 8200 Super Stock. He is from Columbia, IL. My neighbor works with him at a quarry and says he got the engine from work.

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 25, 2009 05:54PM
The Head games Oliver is mine, it should be out in full force this year. We have had a lot of growing pains. Mainly block issues. I feel that these issues are fixed now. So now I can concentrate on getting it down the track. I will be pulling mainly OSTPA. It is a Hercules with billet aluminum heads on alcohol.

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 26, 2009 12:14AM
sure is a nice looking ride! what kind of block issues were you having?

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 26, 2009 01:06AM
so does it have a steel block now or is it still the casting block.And also I was wondering how you move the tractor from pull to pull.

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 26, 2009 05:45PM
I was blowing the back cylinder off the block. I had it tied together in every direction. That just contained it. It didn't prevent it. So when people say all we need to do to alleviate the block issues is tie them together, it didn't work for me. Last year I transported it in an F700 ford box truck, which is now for sale cheap. This year I am building a Freightliner with a 26 foot box. turning out to be a sweet ride.

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 27, 2009 01:35AM
Sounds good .I will be watching for you this year at the pulls ,cant wait to see it go down the track.My name is Bob and I pull a cummins pickup and have bought alot of parts from your hired help from wooster diesel performance,hope everything works good for you this year.

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 27, 2009 04:51AM
the hercules block seems to have issues on the right rear corner above the bell housing. i've seen it more than once. there is a way to stop it, but i won't go into detail here. i'm sure you have probably figured it out by now. the 2150 blocks seemed especially bad for that. some of the later W.F.E. blocks and the army blocks were better to a point. i sometimes wonder how Shawn Peetz gets along so good, but he may eventually have problems too; i hope not. it sucks to blow that back corner out. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 27, 2009 05:31AM
i would love a few details on reinforcing that area or what blocks are best to use. havent brok one yet but i dont make much power yet either

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 27, 2009 11:01AM
Does your block look like this one after it blows?

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 27, 2009 11:57AM
I have heard that the headgames tractor is running a steel block this year.That should deffenitaly keep the motor together.But I suppose that would cost alot, for everyone to build a steel block for every oliver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 11:59AM by jaf.

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 27, 2009 02:43PM
Where is he gonna run that would allow a steel block??

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 28, 2009 01:13AM
PPL allows them, OSTPA now allows them

Re: oliver pulling tractor February 28, 2009 02:08PM
I figured the steel block was legal in 2009 on ostpa and ppl now.I know derrick roberts the other owner of the headgames tractor and he said they only spent about 15,000 to have the block built.I would be glad to see more people go to the steel blocks ,that would be alot safer for everyone involved in the sport of tractor pulling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 02:10PM by whiteone.

Re: Not the block issue again February 28, 2009 03:48PM
We are not going to get into the aftermarket block thing again are we? Next thing we know Esdon Lehn and Hypermax block discussion will start all over again. Yes it is safer but are we getting out of hand here? Tractor pulling started out with stock blocks and where will it end? I am an IH fan but somewhere this has to stop. The expense and the originality has to stay in perspective and resemble a form of tractor somewhere along the line. The next thing you know we will have a billet only class.

Re: Not the block issue again March 01, 2009 03:28AM
The cave men had wooden axles inside their rock wheels, should we go back to that technology?
Billet blocks are part of ADVANCING technology, SUPER STOCK classes should be allowed to have them.
Pro stock and super farm and field class tractors can be stuck with 30 and 40 year old technology, let the SS classes advance.
If competitors don't want to step up, they can STEP OUT!

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 01, 2009 01:05AM
Tracey is the one and only owner of the Headgames tractor. He engineered and built every inch of that tractor himself. I've been there since it was something we talked about to what it is now. If you find someone to build a high quality steel herc block for 15 grand let me know. I'll take 10.

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 01, 2009 04:53AM
I've been helping on the project for a while now, and were just trying to make a nice pass down the track. Like Tracey said, we expect to be out in full force this year running OSTPA. I'm just dedicated to helping on the tractor, I don't own any of it.

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 02, 2009 01:38PM
i dont think dereck has much to do with the headgames tractor ...i seen him try to back a stock 1650 off a trailer and miss the ramps when he gets that mastered then maybe he can move up from there

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 04, 2009 02:03PM
HAHA!!! That tends to happen when the brake sticks and Billy is still pulling...

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 04, 2009 11:43PM
Well if you would have been smart enough to start it on the trailer and back it off billy wouldnt of had to pull you off. You might wana learn how to start a stock 1650 before you claim to own part of a super alky.

P.S. happy trails

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 05, 2009 11:25AM
hey now, we all know starting an old oliver is alot more challenging than driveing a clapped-out one stack dodge. it takes a real professional to do certain things like unloading tractors

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 05, 2009 01:41PM
Why would anyone in there rite mind put one stack on a dodge? That is probably goofy as hell.Thats like putting two stacks on a ford that comes outside the bed and make the truck a dually.Lol I have seen it many times sitting @ maibach tractors parking lot when I have went there for parts.What a retarded truck,Disgrace to fords period!

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 21, 2011 02:38PM
can anyone help me with the build of my 478 hercules i would like to set it up for limited pro with the 540 cubic inch limit im looking for a nice consistant running motor i dont need to win i just want nice passes down the track 3x4 charger and p pump? how much fuel would i need to try to get(cc's)?? and can i leave stock pistons/rings/rods and do someting with the cam and do what in the head? thank you again i dont need to win just want a good consistant running tractor justinf@rocketmail.com thank you

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 22, 2011 05:24AM
to get 540 cid, you'd likely have to leave the sleeves out, run the parent bore, and use modified pistons from something else, or have custom pistons made.

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 23, 2011 09:14AM
Hey Patches, remember the kid who used to run the 200 Allis around western Pennsylvania in the
late 90's that he also called "head games"? Later had a 210. What was his name & does he still pull?

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 23, 2011 03:35PM
remember tractor but not name,didnt he pull the 200 in the heavier classes..

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 26, 2011 04:01PM
To bad there isn't more old ollies out there pulling. I love to see other colors go

Re: oliver pulling tractor March 27, 2011 03:28AM
Yea Patches, I think at least up through 10,000, maybe more. First name of "Chris" sticks in my mind,
but not sure. Ran the 210 up into 16,000. What ever became of your old 1175 ? There's a 2255 running
heavy farm stock up in N.W. Pa. that's coming on nicely too.

Re: oliver pulling tractor April 01, 2011 06:00AM
What kind of horsepower do you guys run in your farmstocks out their?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms