what a joke springfield mo pull August 03, 2013 03:57AM
what a joke on the springfield mo pull seems to me that missouri state tractor pullers are running around with there head pulled off when will they learn she same old crappy dirt will not make a track seems to me that it was the same last year! waste of time and money for people!

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 03, 2013 04:42AM
its the dirts fault? what happend?

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 03, 2013 05:10AM
so, it was more of a mud run than a pull then? did they even pull at all?

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 03, 2013 05:26AM
no pull at all great weather though

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 03, 2013 05:29AM
will they pull tonight?

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 03, 2013 06:08AM
very doubtful if they cant pull in sunshine why would they pull in clouds

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 03, 2013 08:45AM
I am pretty sure mstpa has nothing to do with the track prep I believe that is done by the promoters.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 12:57AM
so how did it turn out sat night??

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 01:57AM
Picture in your mind rolling out a large platter of dough. Now imagine pulling on it. Enough said.

Bret

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 02:58AM
I can handle watching a pull on a bad track, but the track crew took a bad track and made it worse.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 02:18AM
Another Carl Buckner in charge of track and pull ends up a disaster. Outlaws used to pull there and filled the stands and had a great pull and track, then Outlaws gets kicked out because Carl's brother in law is president of fair board. And this is what you end up with. Outlaws would go up weeks ahead of pull and spread dirt out and dry it and put it back in pill and tarp it. Only bad tracks they had there was when Carl was doing nothing and they finally did it themselves. Shame we do not get the Outlaws at Springfield or Missouri State Fair anymore, but hey that's politics that ruins it for the pulling fans.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 05:56AM
Something needs to change!!! It was a total cluster f*** hope Missouri state fair will be better!

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 05:58AM
I would bet that Missouri state fair will be same King Carl disaster!!!

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 06:23AM
Could've been an awesome show. Good machines and plenty of them there to pull. Some left to avoid the track/breakage? I don't think I'm broke but, it was excessive wear and tear.

Bret

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 08:37AM
how or where does he get the say if you get disquailified?

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 05:56AM
Carl Buckner screwed all the pullers and made the MSTPA association look bad. Ozark Fair Association will eat crow over this for some time. They were told by pulling experts that this show should be cancelled after receiving 2-7 inches of rain. Just goes to show that you can't fix "STUPID"

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 06:08AM
Carl said he would disqualify us if we only bumped the sled. Had already torn up enough equipment. This is Bull@?&#. Will never ever be part of a Carl Buckner ran show. I also hope the Ozark Fair association gets there head out of their ass and realizes this was a complete disaster that could have been prevented with some good judgement. Oh well, as said above there is no cure for stupid.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 08:46AM
Mstpa was not the only ones that were made to look bad there was Smttpa there! Everyone needs to go express there voice at the ozark empire fair Facebook page!

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 08:55AM
Did they even finish the show sat nite?

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 10:05AM
I

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2013 12:39PM by farmall puller.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 10:27AM
do you think the crowd got a fair show sat nite?Eye Rolling

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 10:29AM
Hey Russel, Call me at 785-448-3968

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 11:18AM
farmall puller
Looks to me like all parties involved (MSTPA, The Promoter, & The Fair Director) should have gotten together and decided if this pull should have been cancelled or an attempt be made to have a pull. Looks to me like everyone is blaming the track crew and they were only able to work with what mother nature deal to them, which wasn't a very good deal and they did the best they could. You pile a bunch of dirt on top a hard surface and see how you come out before you talk about someone else's attempt. Granted it might be better to put that dirt in 3/4 weeks ahead of time but maybe they can't do that for whatever reason. Now I want to address an MSTPA issue of bumping the sled. I was ask to do so in the 6200 prostock tractor class which I didn't agree to and would never agree to but it was said that we were going to do so and I know that 3 out of the 4 were going to make a honest try so I don't know way that was ever told (I do know who started the rumor and they was wrong to do so). I don't believe in that going on. If you don't want to run then don't hook!!! It's not fair to the crowd watching the pull, give it an honest try or DON'T HOOK. Also you MSTPA officials that are agreeing with the bumping the sled are wrong, shame on you, (you all know who you are) !!! I would DQ anyone who would do that and not think a spilt second about doing it. I wouldn't think MSTPA as a association would want that reputation but then maybe they do. You sure didn't help the show any by doing so!!!

Then you would be wrong! Every puller who hooks to the sled has a right to bump the sled for points just as much as making a pass. A track promoting breakage doesn't mean there is an obligation to go down it

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 05, 2013 12:15PM
We should have been conpensated for friday night. Who ever takes this on for next year will be hard pressed to find a group to book or the fans to attend. Score a big ZERO for the Ozark Empire Fair Association and another Big Big ZERO for Missouri Pulling, LLC aka Carl Buckner, Aaron Johnson, Darrell Hendricks. . They were the contracted promoter in charge of all the pull preparation. By the way upset pullers from Sringfield, these are the same contracted for the Missouri State Fair this weekend. Lets show our support by not attending. I know I will not be there. Signed, Had Enough of Carl How about you.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 10:19AM
The Outlaws got themselves kicked out. They booked a state level 2 wheel drive class for springfield, knowing a national level was booked on the same night. Only 1 truck showed up in springfield and they wouldn't cut the fair any slack on price for class. The next year the Outlaws didn't get booked for the fair, so they told the fair board we will show you and rented springfield raceway and had a pull the same night. They created bad blood between them and the fair board.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 10:33AM
The last few years it seems like they could care less about the pull.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 10:43AM
I call bullhockey, Dangus, on the 2 wheeldrive class there. They may have been ticked at the short numbers, but they certainly got a rebate for the unpaid placings!

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 05, 2013 06:58AM
Outlaws got rained out one year at Springfield and made the decision by 5:00 so fans did not have to pay to park, pay to get in the fair, only not to have pull and be out all that expense. Yea they didn't have to pay to get into grandstands, But this year, think of all the money the fair made by people paying for parking and admission to fair because Carl waited till 8:00 to call off a 7:00 start time for the pull and it hadn't rained yet. Everyone with any sense knew you couldn't pull on that dirt that afternoon. Outlaws called off Mound City yesterday by noon so pullers and fans could save on travel.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 05, 2013 07:28AM
Outlaw pullers and Doug Roberts could care less if we go back to Ozark Empire Fair. They got a new fair manager and didn't let Outlaws know they were not at the fair till May when they saw it on another associations schedule, and Outlaws had that open date on a sweep and filled it at the Springfield Raceway. That's the year that Carl Buckner and some of his cronies stole all of the Outlaw signs to the pull at the raceway. He should have been working on that crappie track they had that year that broke out the windows on both sleds. Oh, wait a minute, all of Carl's tracks have been crappie, not just that year. I like the year he had one old Allis tractor for blading, and it ran out of fuel, then broke a hydraulic line later the same night. No wonder Outlaws just did the track themselves and had implement companies furnish better equipment to work with. Wake up Ozark Empire Fair and get some one else in charge or forget pulling. Outlaws had the crowd built up to capacity and they had to turn people away and it has went down every year since Outlaws left. After this years screw up a lot of fans will not be back

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 11:06AM
Dear farmall puller, You seem to know it all and want to bash the pullers and the MSTPA group, but I saw your terrible attemps last night and I do not see any way you can blame anyone other than the promoter and dirt crew. There was nothing the sleds could do or the MSTPA group. I am a puller and if I want to bump the sled and get hook points and save breakage and humility, I have that right. How dare you critisize a class or two that have 3-5 times more money in their machine than yours and far more tire speed that know they will not get the sled rolling past 100 feet. Did you not see the diesel pickup bump also? It was his right to do so. Also, do not spout off about them getting together and making a decision, since you were not there Friday night and saw the fair board and Carls crew take an hour to make that decision that could have been made in 10 minutes. I know that 4 classes did not want to hook, and they did not hook. You are harsh to judge those who respect their hard earned money put in their machines to drive for a 2 day pull and get treated as badly an the fair treated them. Example @25.00 for anyone to get in, no matter how old or young. As far as the MSTPA officials they have no control over anyone who wants to bump. It is part of pulling. Maybe the pullers who were going to bump did not want to look as stupid as you did trying to start the sled. And you came back and did it again!!! You have not pulled with them all year to my knowledge, so do not hammer them with out knowing the facts. As far as Carl threating to disqualify them, He had no right and overstepped his bounds. There were about 15 or so pullers who did not even want to unload their vehicles. Evidently they take more pride in their machines than you. Also, get your facts right as I was told that you were the only one against it. The Allis super from Kansas had a hurt motor and was going to bump or not even hook at all. The pro stock Voodoo has a set of $10000 puller 2000's and that track would have been bad for them. And now for the track. Full of rocks, glass, metal, plastic, etc. What do you expect them to do. Next time do not judge or you will be judged.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 11:10AM
Russel Martin, How dare you assult these pullers who choose to protect their investments. That is low. You are low

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 11:24AM
I have never felt any shame for bumping to get points and avoid hurting something else. I applaud those at Springfield that chose to do so and those who were thinking about it. Absolutely the worst track in my 25+ years of pulling in southwest Missouri. The Ozark Empire Fair association and Carl Buckner and his dirt jockeys are to be held accountable for this mess. I personally will never attend another pull at Springfield. Nuff said.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 01:32PM
I apologize to the MSTPA officials and the association for what I posted and I ask that you accept my apologly, I was wrong to post in such a way.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 01:35PM
Hey "was there and know the scoop" & "shame on you" at least I posted so you knew who it was and not like you where you can't be identified, now who's the low one?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2013 03:26PM by farmall puller.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 04, 2013 03:46PM
I'm glad I was home chasing bulls all over the county. It was safer than being at the pull! Just really sad for MSTPA. We have an organization that is capable of so much more.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 05, 2013 10:48PM
Richard, I believe Carl was spreading more bull#### than came out of the bulls you were chasing.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 06, 2013 03:32AM
Aaron did not build track this year. Fair board hired someone else to do it. Aaron was responsible for track during pull only. He told them Wednesday that the track would not work, nobody listened.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 06, 2013 03:38AM
The nut in charge was Carl Buckner. Enough said!

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 06, 2013 11:37AM
Might as well forget about pulling at the state fair. Carl will have that pull screwed up as the Springfield disaster.

might put rice and cane tires on August 07, 2013 06:03AM
a person might put rice and cane tires on and win the pull!

Re: might put rice and cane tires on August 07, 2013 06:47AM
For sale Firestone 24.5- 32 Spade- Grip tires mounted on Midwest wheels. Never been down track. Call 800 eat- dirt

Re: might put rice and cane tires on August 07, 2013 08:12AM
Missouri Pulling LLC stiffed everyone Friday night. Way to earn a good reputation with pullers Carl, Aaron, ans Darrell. We will remember!

Re: might put rice and cane tires on August 07, 2013 08:16AM
Better yet: For sale 1 set of high tracks mounted on 9 hole centers, nice cut, sharpened once. Will deliver to Missouri State Fair mud pull and take best offer. Contact Carl for info

Re: might put rice and cane tires on August 07, 2013 10:27AM
jus curious any video out there on how bad it was

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull December 11, 2014 01:25AM
We got our truck together just to pull there but we weren't going to unload it,go out and tear up a 20000 dollar rebuilt motor just because the track was junk.30+ prostock 4x4 trucks there but didnt unload.Thank god we got our entry fee back.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 07, 2013 12:19PM
If there was a pull Y does MSTPA not have any results up?

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 16, 2013 10:03AM
Just think about how much expense was incurred by the pullers to make their way down to Springfield (diesel/gas, hotel, admission/pit passes). The prize money should have been split among all in attendence for at least one of the two nights as an act of good faith (or apology). Traveling a long way for a rain out is one thing (just a part of pulling) but when it is mishandled to that extent - some sort of compensation should have been considered. The fair still got their money from the crowd (gate and consessions) so they could have easily afforded it. They probably made more profit than if they had been able to put on a good show and had to pay all the classes both nights. Another point: The track should have been hauled away on Friday night or Saturday morning and replaced with different dirt. To do the same thing and expect a different result is one of the definitions of insanity.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 17, 2013 12:50AM
I got my checks last week from MSTPA and I assume everyone else did too. Thank you Mellisa for your effort, it is apprecialed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 07:33PM by farmall puller.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 17, 2013 12:19PM
Just to clarify - I should have indicated that I was more referring to the classes that didn't pull either night b/c of the "unsatisfactory conditions" as MSTPA put it. (6000 Superstock Tractors, 6200 Pro Stock Tractors, Pro Stock 4x4 trucks, and 7400 modified tractors). People pulling those four classes made quite an investment to be there that weekend and walked away with nothing. And I agree 100% that Mellisa's efforts should be appreciated by all. It is a pleasure to have someone running the clerical end of things that is sharp and really has it together.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 17, 2013 07:32PM
One of my check's was for the 6200 prostock tractors so I'm assuming that the classes that didn't run got paid some also.

Re: what a joke springfield mo pull August 18, 2013 01:40AM
The classes that were not able to pull had the payout equally divvied up between all signed up pullers from what I was told.

Bret

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,620, Posts: 229,676, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,065, Posts: 225,891.

Our newest member JD_8520