What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 01:59AM
I was wondering what puller has hooked to a pulling sled the most number of times. My guess is Bill Leischner

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 02:42AM
Esdon, Wayne Sullivan, Don Masterson, Keith Long? Just names off the top of my head in addition to Bill

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 05:54AM
Holman Bros have to be way up there, too with all the state and RN stuff they hit.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 04:17AM
Linder Brothers? Don't forget all their state hooks.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 04:18AM
Bennie McKinnon.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 06:18AM
Don Deane has hooked for many years and a lot of hooks per year. In RN 2 alone there are typically 20 plus hooks then you add on his hooks in RN 4 not to mention OSTPA. We used to run almost as much as Don and we had a few years that we hooked 70 plus times at 55 plus events.

S'no Farmer

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 07:54AM
Henry everman hooks somewhere in the 60-70 times a season between 2 tractors and 2 classes
And this season he drove his wife’s Sharon everman mod quite a bit hooking some nights 4 times before any
Test hooks or pull offs

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 08:20AM
Jake Zaring has to be near the top he drives 2 to 3 trucks a night running ntpa region 2 and pulling with Illinois tractor pullers.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 11:50AM
Is anyone here familiar with Art Forest from central Pa, Art pulls antiques, farm stock, hot farm etc. He has been pulling for probably 50 years (maybe more), including winter pulls with NATPA. Probably not what the OP was thinking, but he didn't specify what type of pulling.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 12:07PM
Richard -
Art is an excellent candidate, retired after the Harrisburg PA antique pull. Another - Gene Sellers. Retired after the NATPA championships this year. 68 years pulling and the first NTPA secretary too. Some antique guys will get 8-10 hooks in a weekend, depending on how many tractors they compete with.

Another side note...this has been 5 or so years ago but I had a conversation with LLSS puller Jerry Sipes about how many times he'd been down the track. I calculated that if he had averaged 280ft per hook over the course of his pulling career, spanning 40+ years pulling...I forget how many hooks it was he was getting per year in the old days. What I do vividly remember was that it figured up to over 42 miles down the track in that span of time.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 12:09PM
jerry Sipes ivan Carrol David Bewley

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 02:09PM
Excellent selections everyone.

Actually I'm surprised no one has suggested these legends from the early days of NTPA pulling when these competitors many hooks per single day event, usually double that at the big venues, like Tomah, BG, many State Fairs, etc.

Dave Banter = 2 Mods, each in 3 classes. With the amount of events (GN, Region, state) the Banter Bros. attended, Dave's seat time added up very quickly. He still might be the "hook number" king.
Bruce Hutcherson = "Makin' Bacon Special" in all 4 Mod classes; TWD at that time had 2 class weights.
John Hileman = "Ole Red" Mod in 3 classes plus varied names with a TWD. Pulled GN, Region and OSTPA during a relatively long career.
Tim Engler = Already a good amount of seat time prior to the Grand National "Mission Impossible" in all 4 Mod classes.
Jaske's chalked up good seat time with the Mod in, oh I'm trying to remember - was it 3 or all 4 classes, plus the FWD.

In SS, Tom Dickerson with the 686 pulled 2 weight classes, with the 3688, pulled 3 weight classes in GN, Region and NYTPA.

This is what I quickly come up with, but there probably are others that found their "hook numbers" add up quickly.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 24, 2019 02:36PM
Great list of pullers. When you think about it the pullers in the 70s and 80s is that they had the opportunity to hook in several weight classes at most events. Couple that with the indoor circuit that a lot of them participated in the number of hooks a year is vast.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 02:29AM
I would have to say Ivan Carroll from Lenter/Clarence, Missouri. Which is in the Northeast part of Missouri. He has pulled Cockshutt's for years. There 570 has been all over.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 07:31AM
Max Swisegood from Oak Grove Missouri has pulled for 50yrs with MSTPA,TPM,Outlaws over the years with what is now called llss,and Mods. He pulled this past Cowtown Showdown at almost 80. MAC would also be way up the list here in Missouri he has pulled two tractors for several years and guessing he has close to 50 in the seat.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 07:35AM
Randy Petro, hands down. A lot of the pullers mentioned haven't hooked in 15-25 years and Petro is still at it driving 1-2-3 or so vehicles at GN, SN. and regional events. JW

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 08:11AM
Jim, Randy is a great call. He has pulled Mods, Mini and of course TWD. It would interesting to know just how many times Randy has hooked to a pulling sled.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 09:42AM
Well, I got Randy at 35+ years, Banter only 26, Engler 27, Esdon 41, but basically only one class, Leischner at 36 years. I know the last couple of years Randy has done one or two vehicles at GN level and one at RN, but usually when one shows up, he has a second one with him. According to pulling reference. JW

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 12:51PM
Benny McKinnon

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 03:37PM
Benny mckinnon and john Hileman. John won hooker of the year a few times with over 135 hooks a year. That was just ntpa hooks. Then add in the years he ran the winter stadium pulls with the tractor and twd. He ran coast to coast border to border for 45+ weekends a year. Season would start early January and go till weekend before thanksgiving! John traveled as much as anybody i can remember.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 25, 2019 03:44PM
Single season # of hooks is Ed Boyer from back in the 70s. Hooked 167 times one year, next year 165 times another year 162 times and those numbers were with a superstock! Thats a helluva lot of pulling!

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 28, 2019 04:59AM
Smokin Joe Telaak?

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 28, 2019 11:20AM
This is a very subjective topic,we have no way to know how many locals have racked up thousands of hooks,several I know have done so for 50 plus yrs,,hooking 50-60 times,and sometimes with more than one unit. and are still active.

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 28, 2019 01:21PM
Hats off to the dedication to all those mentioned

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 28, 2019 01:25PM
Lewis - when did you stop driving,when did you start?

Re: What puller has hooked the most number of times November 30, 2019 02:08AM
How about Mark Ulmer?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason