The Langford pull, what a great time! August 05, 2013 03:55AM
I had a chance to go to the Langford-New Oregon Volunteer Fire Company pull on Sunday and it was one of the best run, exciting state level pull I've been to in years. It was very interesting to visit with pullers and fans that had never been to Langford before, to a person they where amazed at the event. From the pulling track to professionalism by the three sanctioning bodies the people where excited to be there.

There are a few things that come to mind when I review the show. In no particular order:

The three organizations that (WNYPFP, NYTPA, ESP) did a great job of keeping the show moving. With 12 classes to run they did a good job of keeping the show moving, very little dead time.

Overall good sled setting, the only class that may have missed the mark was the NYTPA mod class. With the Rick Krause out of Ashland, OH on his super clean, strong running four turbine "Unfinished Business" making an impressive test hook of 338' they reset the sled a little to soon in the class. I would rather have seen a floating finish knowing the "Unfinished Business" is one of the best running mods at the show.

Speaking of floating finish lines the ESP track officials did a great job of running a floating finish in their classes. With the time factor (past 10pm) they made a great call letting the pullers hook and go! Made for a very entertaining show.

While I'm not generally a huge fan of the turbines, Rick does a great job of firing up his "Unfinished Business" and hooking to the sled in no more time than any mod.

The Horton's new SS "Lil More Patience" made a very impressive pass to take the win in the NYTPA SS class. Would love the see the tractor at Bowling Green.

The WNYPFP bring in a classes that are not only entertaining but also highly competitive. Their LLSS class is a fun class with great color.

The ESP LSS class still seems to be a Hootman class with Jason and Mark running two of the strongest Blue tractors in the country. Henry Evermans "Forced Decision" alcohol SS is starting to get dialed in and is becoming a force in the class.. Henry had a great pass in the NYTPA SS class only to be edged out by "Lil More Patience".

The announcing was top notch, Dan Mayer not only has a great voice but is also walking pulling reference, if there's a puller or vehicle Dan has the info on them. Announcing can turn a good show bad or help salvage a poor event, Dan is one of the best. Link to Dan's site

The Langford pull is definitely a can't miss event, great pulling, great announcing and real good refreshments.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 03:57AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 05, 2013 05:46AM
I WILL SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO BOWLING GREEN BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD LANGFORD IS ON THERE WAY TO THAT STATUS. THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS ON THE NEW RIDE AND IT WILL SOON LOOK AS GOOD AS IT RUNS HOPEFULLY. LANGFORD WAS DEFINETLY A SITE TO SEE. GLAD WE MADE THE TRIP BUT DAM IT IS A LONG WAYS FROM HOME.

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 05, 2013 07:19AM
IS EVERMENS OR HOOTMANS GOING TO BOWLING GREEN, WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM IN THE LITE CLASS THERE

Re: The Langford Pull... What a great time! August 05, 2013 09:05AM
On behalf of the LNOVFD and our Chairmen, Buck, Bob, Jim, and Bill, we offer a Huge "THANK YOU" to all the Pullers and Fans who made the trip to Langford for the pull on August 4th. We try to offer a top notch show and facility to keep you all coming back. It was great to see the WNYPFP, NYTPA, and ESP work together so cooperatively. Their professional operation helped the show move along at a great pace for the fans. With nearly 170 hooks with 3 organizations, things went very smoothly. Kudos to Eric and Logan, with the Richard Love Sleds, for stopping them all before the concrete wall...(just barely a couple of times...)
To those pullers who came from outside of WNY, (Eastern NY, MA, CT, VT, PA, OH, FL and Ont., Canada.) we hope you ALL enjoyed your time in Langford and look forward to seeing you on August 3rd, 2014!

NYTPA Mod class??? August 06, 2013 02:57AM
The NYTPA website has the turbine tractor in last place as a DQ. Didn't he win the class??

Re: NYTPA Mod class??? August 06, 2013 05:50AM
No, they reset the sled, he rehooked and spotted the sled right on the right chalk line (the track was hooking hard to the left). The tractor hooked right for a split second and he went out of bounds on the right side at about 75'. As a side note, it was the fastest I've ever seen a turbine get hooked, run, and get unhooked, no screwing around and it was a huge asset to the show instead of the usual turbine time waste.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NYTPA Mod class??? August 06, 2013 06:11AM
Thanks Jake, I remember now. Sitting in the sun must have warped my memory.

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 06, 2013 05:27AM
We would like to say 'Thank you' to the Langford pulling committee for helping us get put back together after the NYTPA show. We couldn't have done it without you guys and your equipment!

Thanks again!

The Weaver's

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 06, 2013 07:12AM
Very impressive pull. Setup ,tractors, food, people,track, fans, everything and one pull you do not want to miss Thanks Jeremy

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 10, 2013 01:47AM
grew up at this pull have not been in years, am now Badger state local do they still do the great chicken dinners ?

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 10, 2013 02:04AM
Yes,great chicken BBQ, along with a wide variety of other refreshments. One of the things I like about Langford was their focus on the fans, everything was well done. You can sit on the side hill or grandstands and both are closed to the track and not a bad seat anywhere.

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 10, 2013 04:08AM
Thanks Dick maybe back someday, Hillsboro tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! leaving shortly. Bowling green someday ! LOVE the website Thanks for the reply like to stay tuned to home roots a little bitl. Around the corner from downtown Langford.

Re: The Langford pull, what a great time! August 10, 2013 12:31PM
Thanks Dick for your kind words about my tractor Unfinished Business. It was great to get to meet you at Langford. I really like your site and check it multiple times per week schedule permitting. Bud (my crew/crew chief) and I had a awesome time at Langford. We had never been to this pull before. We followed Roy Metz from the Embro Canada pull to Langford and got to the track about 4:00 AM. Bud and I could not get over the number of campers and haulers already on the grounds. I agree with the post below that this pull has to be the Bowling Green of the East. The fans were very interested in Unfinished Business and Bud and I enjoyed talking to them and answering their questions. The event was very well run both on and off the track. I was amazed at how fast they could get those delicious chicken dinners out.
I was disappointed that I went out of bounds during the afternoon session on my second pass. That was the first time since Bud and I built the tractor three years ago that I couldn't keep it in bounds and I had to do it in front of the largest most appreciative crowd I have ever had the opportunity to pull in front of. I did gamble by setting the sled more to the right to try to get around the spot in the track that was hooking everyone left but I guess I went a little too far in making that adjustment. Hopefully my Ohio schedule will allow us to get back to Langford in 2014 and make two good passes down the track!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,764, Posts: 229,930, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM