Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 26, 2009 04:33PM
Kind of an opinion poll of sorts.

Which class do you prefer watching: Unlimited modifieds or pro stocks?

(please, keep other classes out of this. If you want to discuss super stocks vs pro stocks, twds vs minis, etc., please start a different thread.
thanks)

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 26, 2009 05:14PM
Prostocks! unless im watchin eder

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 26, 2009 05:49PM
Both classes are great to watch but I have to give the edge to the power of the unlimiteds, especially American Thunder and the
new comer power Uncle Sam.

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 26, 2009 10:16PM
pro stock

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 12:45AM
Unlimited Mods, and Mr. Purser is no newcomer been around a while.

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 28, 2009 04:11AM
A true prostock is the best by far, but if it's got a box turbo, kinda ruins the competition part of it....anything where tuning and different combinations makes it the best by far, wheather is a mod or a pro

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 01:45AM
pro stock! love the diesel smoke!

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 04:02AM
Unlimiteds

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 04:35AM
Pro Stocks hands down, if it don't smoke then it ain't tractor pullin

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 05:00AM
Unlimiteds, There hauler's smoke, that is all I need!

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 05:12AM
PRO STOCKS - I LIKE SMOKE

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 05:58AM
Unlimiteds - takes a lot of skill to get all that power to the ground.
Also the last "modified" class to offer engine variety on a level playing field.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 03:32PM
Pro-stocks cause of the smoke, and then unlimiteds because of how they rattle the grandstand when they go by.

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 07:58AM
PRO STOCK. Wouldn't pay to see the modifieds or unlimiteds unless they just happen to be there.

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 08:42AM
PRO STOCK, PRO STOCK, PRO STOCK

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 09:38AM
PRO STOCK love the smoke. all the unlimiteds do is make noise and spin the tires

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 10:36AM
Thats a hard question. I love smoke but five screaming blower motors is pretty darn cool. I'll have to go with unlimited because of the variety

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 10:36AM
Unlimiteds for sure, but I really enjoy the Pro Stocks more and more. It is a really good class

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 10:50AM
Unlimited got to love those allison's there older then hell but can still run with all the newer Hemis and chevs

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 28, 2009 08:23AM
Yes they can

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 10:55AM
UNLIMITEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 12:55PM
PROSTOCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 01:50PM
Prostock, build an unlimited mod with 4 prostock motors and you might get my attention.(thats a hint Larry Roberts and Brian Shramek)

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 02:48PM
unlimited mods with prostock motors? yeah i'd pay to see all that smoke for sure. until then i'll go for prostock, tractor sheet metal and smoke.

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 03:51PM
Pro stock definitley. It blows smoke and actually looks like a tractor. The unlimiteds just look like someone cobbled something together.

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 27, 2009 10:53PM
I like both classes. Both are unique. I drive a light 2.5ton modified myself and our class is starting to get very populair over here in Europe. This is because of the big variety in the engines.
For example the European 2.5 class uses: Big WW2 V12's, Big WW2 V8's, BB Chevy's, SmallBlock Chevy's, Hemi's, Big radial engines, Truck engine's (straight 6 or V8, Alky or Diesel), Turbines, and all competing in the same class.
I've seen the Modifieds in Louisville this year, and there it was, except 4, all V8. People lose interest in watching this, I think.
Larry Roberts tried something new a few years ago, and made the DubbleStuff a crowd-pleaser...
But as I said, I like both. ProStock is still a nice class to watch.

brianfuhr February 28, 2009 12:18AM
i cant believe u picked modsssss

Re: brianfuhr February 28, 2009 11:52PM
Actually, 25 years ago my uncle began with building a Mod. this team kept on improving and in the early nineties they were running with two 1100 cui big V8's in the light mod class. It was in this time I joined his team, and never left after.
Though all my friends were into farmstock and now later Prostock and Superstock.
Concidered a while ago to buy a for sale Superstock, but my girlfriend was smart enough to talk me out of it.
Also the way we are driving with our mod tractor is much cheaper than having a Prostock on the mid-top-level.
True; if I had to begin all over again, i'd build a Pro- or Super-stock.

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? February 28, 2009 02:45AM
Pro Stocks are cool BUT for the most HP out there you have to love the Unlimited Mods!!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? March 01, 2009 02:10AM
Unlimiteds for sure. Love all the power! And i love seeing different types of engines! Love the old Allisons! but then again all that smoke is pretty cool!

Re: Which do you prefer: Unlimited Mods or Pro Stocks? March 01, 2009 08:45AM
As much as i like the smoke, i do not feel as though any of these are tractors.

Unlimiteds
-30.2-32 cut tires
-Box tranny
-Truck rear end
-multiple engines of choice

Prostock
-30.2-32 cut tires
-Box tranny
-Truck rear end
-Single diesel engine of choice with maching tin

Not much difference when you cut through the BS. However, i do like PROSTOCK better

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 03:14PM by Elderly Deere.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM