Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 27, 2020 09:58PM
Panic and fear and positive tests have put most pulls in jeopardy.The one I help with was to be decided on last night.I am also involved in motorsport racing and Gov Reynolds gave the green light to open things back up June1st to 50% capacity with social distancing and precautionary measures in place.The last two circle track races had pit only with 10 people per car at $30 and the one in Boone had 346 entries and pits and catwalk and VIP seats were full. and lots of smiling people.My feeling is if you feel uncomfortable stay home and don't bitch about the people that want to live life instead of hiding from this silent killer.The last couple of months have been crazy to say the least .Pres Trump thinks everything should be business as usual and the golf course is the best place to be safe.I would guess our pull is doomed as the health people.supervisors. sheriff and mayor probably weren't in favor and fair board is worried about being sued. I didn't go as I would have said what I think and it usually gets me in trouble.

Re: Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 28, 2020 12:29AM
I only thing I disagree with in your post is the "don't bitch about people who want to live life" part of it. There is a lot that we still do not know about the virus, but one obvious thing is that our large cities have been hit hard. Cities that rely more on subway systems and busing. Central business districts & hubs where people come from miles around and interact closely. NYC, Chicago, New Orleans after Mardi Gras, etc. In the Midwest, packing plants have been hit hard, but we were already taking safe measures to limit the spread by the time the virus hit.

My point is people do have a choice, but these pro-choice people need to understand that their actions, if they aren't following guidelines, could get themselves and others very sick or worse. Frankly, if people were respectful and cautious, we should be able to have outdoor tractor pulls with grandstands filled to 1/4 of maximum capacity, especially if people wore masks to protect each other. But I'm not sure too many promoters would want to accept those terms and I do not not blame them.

Re: Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 28, 2020 05:58AM
As of May 20 the CDC estimates that the Coronavirus has a overall infection fatality rate of 0.26%.
The CDC further estimates that people under the age of 50 have a 99.97% survival rate.

New York City has had less than 100 COVID-19 deaths without preexisting conditions.

Georgia hospitalizations for COVID-19 dropped 38% within 3 weeks of re-opening.

#overhypedoverblowneconomicfraud

Re: Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 28, 2020 10:30AM
100 deaths without pre existing conditions ? Again,site the source of your information.
Asymptomatic people have been found to be big spreaders of this virus. Meaning they felt
fine and came into contact with people who would've lived longer if not for Covid-19
infection. Double digit deaths(and counting) in a nursing home/rehab center in my county
from such a person. Stuart lives in a "flyover" state good for motorcycle rallies and sightseeing.
Wait till those people in population centers don't need your production,then this thing might be real.

Re: Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 28, 2020 11:51AM
EFV
Wait till those people in population centers don't need your production,then this thing might be real.

No worries,...those people will just go to Target,...those doors are wide open.

Re: Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 28, 2020 03:21PM
Those people in your populated cities will be in a lot worse shape than us poor ol folks in flyover country if our production slows. We actually know where stuff comes from and it’s not in your “populated” cities

Re: Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 28, 2020 10:06AM
Come to Missouri...We are having some pulls this year....The Outlaw pull in June at Warrensburg can have 1700 spectators....My tickets are bought...

Re: Pulls this summer in Iowa? May 28, 2020 10:09AM
Way to tell it Stuart!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,635, Posts: 229,699, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520