Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 10:44AM
I can't decide is the stick metal, plastic, wood or some form of a composite like carbonfiber?

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 11:45AM
If you don't like the class then leave it alone. There is no need to put it down. It is a decent class with a lot of really good guys in it.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 12:52PM
Sharp stick!! Dull stick !!! Slam my weenie in the shower door, watch grass grow, watch grass die, have the flu, get attacked by a pit bull, get 10 tooth fillings without novacane or gas, ALL better than watching a SF pull. Much faster too!! at least you know you'll get over the flu! Unless it kills you, then you go to a better place where they don't allow SF tractors. PS and SS only! SF is Gods way of getting some people ready to go to hell. Gives the rest of us time to get beer and pee. And nap. And eat a 5 course meal. Get a dental checkup, and only miss a couple of hooks.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 04:30AM
H P is that you again?

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 05:36AM
you must really be proud of yer sf since yer so proud you forgot your name!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 01:13PM
Wow I was only makeing a joke not putting anything down. I might be on of those guys someday Confused

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 01:22PM
Why just one eye, hell poke both of them.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 06:06PM
The super farm class is the only class there is left where you are actually pulling a tractor. They use a stock block and a cast head and stock manifolds. These guys are actually building true horsepower. How many pro stock pullers use alot of stock parts to build an engine. There is none. To me that is fake horsepower. So super farm is by far the best class to watch just because it is economical and its true horsepower.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 08:01PM
Wow. I've sat back for too long and read about you people bashing the superfarm class, and I'm sick and tired of it. Maybe you don't know what it is like to build a tractor and run it down the track. I am a SUPER FARM puller, and every pull we have gone to we have gotten nothing but cheers for the show that we put on.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick February 28, 2009 11:50PM
Well I guess if you hate super farm so much I wonder what you do when us profield tractors are putting on our show? Boy bet this will be good.

Re: Which do you prefer: Profield or stab in the neck with a dull #2 pencil March 01, 2009 02:24AM
Limited pro stock will replace this class on the National circuit in two years.

Hope I don't go blind waiting! lol

Re: Which do you prefer: Profield or stab in the neck with a dull #2 pencil March 01, 2009 04:02AM
Well it may not be my favorite class it is a hell of a lot better than sitting at home wishing I was at a pull. The pullers do there best to try and win and to put on a good show and to who ever said it is a economical class, you are truly mistakin

Re: Which do you prefer: Profield or stab in the neck with a dull #2 pencil March 01, 2009 04:50AM
As long as it blows black smoke and picks up the front wheels I want to watch it.

Re: Which do you prefer: Profield or stab in the neck with a dull #2 pencil March 02, 2009 01:48AM
i dont blame the pullers i blame the organization for giving them a monstrous engine and giving them a little baby turbo. and also giving thgem such big tires that they cant spin

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 05:39AM
Some of you can bash Superfarm classes all you want, but the numbers speak for themselves, this class has the most tractors in it than any other class out there. To me, its a hell of a show to see a good 20 or 30 hooks just in one class, never knowing for sure just what tractor is gonna come out on top! I'd love to be able to run one someday.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 11:41AM
Super Farm Pullers you've done everything you can to make your class good... so be proud of that. You've built professional looking tractors, you've supported multiple organizations, you've supported all levels of pulling (Brush, State & National) and you're some of pulling's best people... and there are lots of you. Smiling

The problem with your class has NOTHING to do with you! YOU HAVE DONE YOUR JOB... AND DONE IT WELL! So, please don't be offended when people bash your class. The problem with your class is the COMPETITION RULES. By almost everyone's account your class should have been established with a smaller cubic inch limit and a bigger mass produced turbo. Your class is BIG CUBES - little air, and it should have been little cubes - BIG AIR. The vast majority of fans, promoters and pullers want to see (and hear) high reving engines... because that's a big part in what makes a good show.

Some of you think this too... and that's why the Limited Pro class is now offered by the NTPA. It was a group of SF pullers that pushed for that. It's also why there still is a lot of talk about establishing another SF or Limited Pro class with a smaller cubic inch limit and a bigger turbo.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 11:56AM
Good post! The main problem from a fans perspective is these SF 's dont carry many rpms and as a direct result don't put the smoke high in the sky and they turn the tires way to slow. Yes they can run comparable MPH to other classes however they look like they are moving alot slower. Whats confusing to many fans is the fact that a select few in the SF class appear to have the financial resources to run a Pro/Superstock. Why is that? Maybe the 4.1 class will separate these pullers from the SF class and hopefully the SF class will be put as a Regional type of class which is where it belongs IMO. Financial greed by NTPA is what got this class a foothold and look where it is at today. Too many at the top GN shows and no sign of letting up !

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 06:11AM
Yep, they're a pretty bright bunch. Twenty, thirty or forty in the class and let's see, how many are going to get paid? Maybe ten on a good day. But it is an economical class, right, so the other ten to thirty don't really need any prize money.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 06:33AM
Well i think super farm is a pretty good class to watch. Ya we like to watch the big boys play but here in the south times are hard. People really cant afford to build up a good tractor and turn around and blow it up. It may not be the best class but these boys and girls do all they can to stay on top and still have fun. No matter if its Hot Farm or Jet engines, dont put down people for doing something positive. At least they are putting money in the best hobby on dirt instead of blowing thier money on drugs or bs stuff. So next time you get tired of watching these tractors pull put yourself in thier shoes. They are just very proud just to be there. Thanks, God Bless!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 11:03AM
When prostock went component, superfarm became my favorite class. Hey the superfarms today run better than the prostocks in the late 90's-early 2000's.Then there are all you guys whining about color. The superfarm class at tomah this year had Deere, IH, Case, CaseIH, Allis, Ford New Holland (go Cookie Monster!), Massey, and White. But you guys probaly didnt see, because you were taking a leak or getting a beer. Crank it up superfarms!

You are crazy March 01, 2009 12:13PM
To think that a super farm today could beat the IRON DRAGON ten years ago is CRAZY to say the least

Re: You are crazy March 01, 2009 12:24PM
Sometimes these guys need a HP reality check !

Re: You are crazy March 01, 2009 01:00PM
Has anyone ever considered dropping the weight of this class down from 9300 or what ever it is? Cutting 500-800 lbs off these tractors might let them run the gear they are all trying to pull. If anyone noticed on saturday night at louisville, the top deeres in the superfarm class were small blocks I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also look at the weight brackets on these tractors. A vast majority of them are loaded to the hilt with suit case weights, and some even carried wheel weights. I know some folks out there are saying that you can't do that cause the big block deere won't be able to make weight and for those out there, I would have to say there is a class out there already tailor made for the big block deere, it is called prostock. Either that, or get the grinder out. The super farm class, has a lot of good looking, good running rides. The guys in that division should be proud of there equipment. So instead of changing engine rules to make the class even more expensive to get the hp and speed that everyone says it needs, maybee the class should cut weight to get the same effect. Seems to work real well for the light super class.

Re: You are crazy March 03, 2009 03:00PM
Seems to me that in 1998 a big IH motor was a 600 hypermax. Heck 2 years before that there were prostocks with hydraulics and torque amplifiers. The Iron Dragon has always ran well, but Larry runs better now than in the 90s. The superfarms of today run waaay harder today than in the 90s, back when they had rotary pumps, and a-pumps.

Re: You are crazy March 04, 2009 03:01AM
[www.youtube.com]

That's 1990 and remember the boat they used in those days. Not the sleds that let you get running today.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 03:49PM
at some point in time everybody has to start out some where the superfarm class is obviously a startting class becuse not everybody has the money or tecnology to build a high end tractor At one point in time everybody had a pair of training wheels wheather they want to admit it or not
There is probably not a single person with a superfarm that dosent want to build abigger tractor when its affordable but it would be pretty boring if there were 30 prostocks also

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 01, 2009 04:52PM
If you cant appreciate what the super farm pullers are doing, then you are being a little to selfish. How many pulling vehicles do you see that has around 1200 hp and be very reasonable in price?

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 12:24AM
where i am from 90 percent of the time supper farm tractors have to jump up into the pro stock class because they are always blowed up or something is awrong because they are not there. i don't know how every body thinks that a supper farm is cheap to build

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 01:54AM
yea thats 1200 hp with the little blue bottle.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 09:01AM
10 4 on the blue bottle. someone needs to show them where the switch is to get the 1200HPs.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 06:16PM
you two guys seem well versed about the bottle. probably got one yourself. better watch who you point your finger at.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 01:50PM
Hey guys i like the SF cause i am more of then fan of a REAL tractor. Everything now a days the only thing tractor about it is maybe the block the color schemes and hoods.I like to see a couple of classes running original frames, trannys and rear ends beefed up of course. Still all theese component "tractors" arnt really tractors at all might as well call it national component trator pulling association. There aint nothing tractor about the big boys anymore keep stock frames and real tractors around. GO SUPER,HOT, and PRO FARM boys around we all need a cheaper way to start we all aint got the money to put into after markey frames rearends trannys and all billet motors!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 03:11PM
I heard that! We run a 5010 in the Central Ohio Classic Super Stock class. Good starter class, and a lot of fun.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 02, 2009 11:19PM
if someone would go with smaller cubic inches and bigger turbo's in the super farm class then it would be better class, to much weight, to big motor to small turbo, they can;t do much more to the motors or pump or turbo to make them more exciting, they are the most they can be , maybe a few more hp ,,,,but not muchmore.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 03, 2009 09:19AM
Hey look SF's are up next. Tell ya what, go get a beer and some nachos, so I can pay attention to some people doing what they love.

CPR

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 03, 2009 10:36AM
Sound like what a lot of you experts dont realize about Louisville is half the class were PPL tractors had to take off thier intercoolers and lost 100t hp. Most of them didnt have agear low enough to spin out with the Hp defecit, NTPA and outlaws got to run slots for once and gain HP, their gears worked for them. As for going slow at freeport they had a radar gun, only a couple mph difference in classes. My opion isnt Ntpa limited pro a little to close to Pro stock should limit them down with less cubes or something just a thought

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 03, 2009 03:13PM
The class is pretty darn good for what they have to work with... a heavy weighted tractor, with a big motor... that's choked by a puny turbo. The formula doesn't make sense and that's the problem. Go watch the video Sascha put up on the Light PS and Light SF thread... and imagine our SF guys building those type of tractors. IT WOULD BE AWESOME! A sensible cubic inch limit, with a sensible charger size, and a smarter weight would give this class a big boost. Now that SF pullers can seamlessly migrate to the Limited PS class, the SF division needs to seriously consider making some changes to their competition rules. If they don't.. they will continue to be criticized and there will be more-and-more talk of creating new classes. So... it's their choice... stay "as-is" and take the heat and risk having another class be created that will outshine them, or take this opportunity to make some changes that will improve their class and sustain its future. It will be interesting to see what they choose. Winking

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 04, 2009 02:35PM
sharp stick, heck any kind of object!!! bring them down to 8000lbs. that would let them run to the end and spin out!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 05, 2009 01:38AM
over here we callem sleeper or stupid farms SO POKE ME

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 05, 2009 05:22AM
ps and ssd are the only classes i care about buti like watch em just cause i like cheaters, some are legal and some arn't. don't know much about the blue bottles or motors w/ different size pistons but do what it takes to win. if you ain't there to win, waiste someone esles time. and if you ain't cheatin, your not tryin hard enough.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 05, 2009 06:10AM
nothing better to do than dis on pulling classes that you don't like? we're all pullers, how bout we pick on something different like america caring that micheal jackson is having his last tour. Thats what took up 10 minutes of the news this morning. What a crock of crap!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 05, 2009 01:28PM
OK enough Super farm bashing guys. Yes it is a slow class to watch but you know what, is there 15-20 Hss tractors at a show not even tomah gets that many Hss. The average pulling fan wants to see smoke and lots of it. yes some may understand the rules of 3x3 turbo but most will not. We pull in region 3 and there is 10 supers farms at a state hook and at least 15 at a regional show so its all about getting iron on the track. Now do i wish we had 10-15 HssD to pull against on a night in and out basis ya that would be great but who the hell has 100-150k to make a competive hss not me. But I think a few of these Super Farm guys could jump to the Hss class to get more into a different class. yes they only pay down so far and yes a few guys dont get a damn thing as far as pay out, so if a few made the jump it could be very intersting. All in all the super farms a great bunch of guys and will help you out in an instant if you need it. ARE WE ALL NOT A PULLING FAMILY? O thats right if you dont like it just bash it. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GUYS

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 06, 2009 09:21AM
well said. i as a fan like tractors at a pull 3" turbo 5" turbo 4 turbo's who cares its all good. if a guy had a consistant tractor and had a single charger u can pull hss and finish in the top three in points if u made all the hooks. so there is opertunity for those who what to take advantage of it. as for you guys that dont like watching super farms. stay the hell home. dont try to change the sport that 99 percent of us love. ill sit and watch 100 super farms. ill watch 100 super stocks. and ill watch 100 pick ups. pulling is pulling. also just so u fans that dont know super farm started in minneota to have more tractors come to a pull it wasnt supose to replace prostocks or super stocks. just my 2 cents worth form a loyal fan in minnesota.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 05, 2009 02:27PM
The perso that started this is less than a knowledgable person. If he knew the effort that a sf puller puts out the max hp within the rules he would just be quite and go away. This type of person is not a puller and would not be a fan. This type of person is not good for the sport. He is not even worth the time it took to make him but I wasted the time to post this

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 09, 2009 04:47AM
You wrote “The perso that started this is less than a knowledgable person.” I think you may have meant “The person that started this is less than a knowledgeable person.”

You may have already been poked in the eye with a sharp stick and maybe it went in a bit to deep and touched your brain, sorry for your trouble.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 08, 2009 01:07PM
Somedays i prefer both!! There is nothin wrong with sf you have a bunch of guys from all over the u.s building them and makin them run and run good. But like most people say there is a lot of them and takes along time for them to run through a line up. That doesn't make them a bad class, that just means that there are that many people that enjoy building and pulling them machines. My opinion is if you dont like them get up out of your seat and go do something else!! Dont sit there and complain to the person next to you who payed to come watch the show!! As far as the rules of the class, if you dont like rules dont build one and dont complain about it, take interest in a class that you like! SF pullers keep doin what your doin, you guys put on a good show!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 09, 2009 09:30AM
First of all, nobody is picking on the superfarm pullers, the complaint is about the class. Not that the pullers aren't great guys and doing the best that they can.
The class rules were poorly designed and not thought through! The class is not exciting to watch.
This is not a starter class! Guys are consistently spending 80K to be competitive. When much more horsepower could be made for much less money with different motor/turbo configurations.
There have been comments about all kinds of things in this thread. "Well superfarms are the only tractors that are still running stock tranny's and rearends. BS! Majority of them are running profab or some other component dropped in the stock housing.
"If they ran lighter they could spin out at the end." Fat chance, many of them can't run that much lighter because they are such big cubes. And they would still sputter to a stop.
"Let them run different manifolds." Do you really believe the stock manifolds are restricting all the air that those dinky chargers are making? Wake up.

Here we run superfarms and limited pros or mod turbos together. They are 540 cubic inches with a pumps to limit fuel but whatever turbo. Don't really know of anybody turning more than a 4.25 intake wheel. The superfarms have to have 800 more lbs to be competitive. It is obvious to see the difference in the two tractors. superfarms just drive down the track like on a sunday drive. The limited pro/mod turbos put on a show! They spin the tires, have ground speed, lift the front ends, etc. Its funny to see a far inferior tractor "drive" down the track and go just as far. I know there are guys with more oney in their superfarms than are in the other tractors!

The superfarm class needs to be revamped or replaced. A much more exciting class could be created that would cost the puller less money and give the fans a much better show.

Less cubes, More air!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 09, 2009 10:30AM
i think you are blindsounds to me like you guys are afraid that they are going to do away the lim pro class when i watch you guys the super farm guys take up the slack because the lim pro are always brakeing down

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 09, 2009 02:29PM
All this talk about this subject and nobody knows anything! When it cames to super farm, it depends on where your at in the USA. Midwest has the strongest SF in the nation! Don't care where NTPA, BSTP, OUTLAW. I have seen some eastern and southern tractors that hot farm would love to fun with. There is some good one's too ,I'm not bashing just pointing out apple to apples. Around here clubs combine LPT with SFT 93% of time SFT come on top with no weight diff. Every class has limits SFT has more. HSS to LSS cubes, weight,fuel, ect. PS to SFT cubes, weight, turbo, ect. As far as watching classes look at the Pulloff poll !!! SFT is 3rd behind PS, LSS . Ahead of the SS and LPT. So think about it the class isn't as bad as what one or two people think !!!!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 10, 2009 01:49AM
Hey "think about it", think for a second. If there are so many superfarm pullers, don't you think they are the ones voting on the poll. You really believe most of the people on this board are just fans? No, they are either pullers, or associated with a puller.
And I don't know what limited pros are in you area, but there isn't a superfarm in the country that can stay within 25 ft of the best limited pro/mod turbos at the same weight around here.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 10, 2009 03:59AM
here is my question. the super farm class has been around for years. why has it taken this long for the complaining to start?? sour grapes??? sounds like to me some wannabes can't compete, so they would rather destroy the class. granted the rules are stupid. you can blame the powers that be for that, not the pullers. there is a simple solution. if you don't like the class, don't watch it. then when your stupid class starts, we won't watch you either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 10, 2009 08:53AM
You as a puller thinks the rules are stupid, and I think they are stupid!
So you change the rules in your class, or suport a new National level class and leave Superfarm at the state level.
PPL needs a little more GO in thier smoke classes. NTPA already has more to offer in tractors.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 10, 2009 10:22AM
i think all you guys need to get a job if you don't like the super farm class don't watch it

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 10, 2009 02:00PM
I really enjoy watching super farm. That and profield limited supers are real tractor pulling. I guess I'm boring because I love the farm class.
Don't worry guys while your in the pit all night trying to figure out why one of 4 turbos broke, and running from your banker , I'll be drinking beer and chasing your girlfriend around the State fair.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 10, 2009 02:11PM
Seriously, come on dude ! You would rather watch a 3" turbo class or a class with a PTO than watch Esdon ? If that's true then I think we have just found the 1 fan in the world that is truely "old school" . Can anybody say.....step on sled !

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 11, 2009 05:43AM
To all that would rather be poked in the eye than watch superfarm, please come to the staging area tommorrow night and look for superfarms, we will have more than one stick ready to help you out

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 11, 2009 06:13AM
Can you leave me a hot pass at the gate? I'll make sure to bring my blind cane along so I can find my way around after. BTW I'll still know when the Super Farms are up.Wind them up, snap the clutch, try to go like hell ,chirp.chirp ,chirp, So obvious a blind man with a stick can still figure it out.

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 11, 2009 11:14AM
Ok people... stop bashing and start discussing what should be done with the class (if anything). Should the class change their rules to make improvements, or should a Light SF/LP class be created? Confused

Re: Which do you prefer: Super Farm or poke in the eye with a sharp stick March 11, 2009 11:42AM
how about this leave the class alone and lets go pullen if you don't like the class don't watch it. besides if the super farm class is a beginer class what about the lim pro 540 class it's just for beginers. there are to many super farms out there for all of themto change. just like the pro stocks going to 600 cubes that is'nt right either. both classes have to much money in they're tractors to change anything

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro