GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 12:47AM
I WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE WHO WAS THERE. I KNOW THE MOTORSPORT BOARD AND THE FAIR BOARD WAS VERY HAPPY. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME FEED BACK GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT. WE WANT TO MAKE THE PULL THE BEST WE CAN FOR THE PULLERS AND THE FANS. THANKS AGAIN AND WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 02:51AM
Great pull ! The track and sled was set up perfect.
Crew did a great job of getting everybody lined
up in the staging area to move things along.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 02:53AM by 66 series nut.

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 04:01AM
so sat was a great show not much can be done to make it better other than more bleachers to fit the large crowd.
fri evening that's another story you had bone stock tractors and hot tractors together the results should show you that. its not fair to the locales who real are stock. you should run
stock 2600 rpm class
a 3000 hot farm class
and a alterd class
the alterd class was good

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 04:27AM
The 3,000 class is out of control with the usually suspects and a few new ones.

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 05:45AM
oh and the photo guy wants better bigger lighting just saying

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 05:43AM
there are many thing that can be done to keep that track from turning into a dust bowl like it did saturday just few things I have seen and learned at places like BG we need to talk fat kid Friday buddy I will even let you buy me coffee lol

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 06:39AM
this has to be from a vtpa fan. ths person is not a motorhead. if you take a tractor and run at 2600 and 3000 rpm you mean to tell me the results will be different. no way heck if you took the stock class and ran them at both rpm the results would be the same. i can't believe that garden puller didn't want inline pumps for the 3000 rpm class. fact a stock motor can be set at 3000 rpms and will only run were the stock torque is made. garden puller get a clue you want to add classes when they are already tight on time. i agree you would probably not get any more hooks but, you would get more confusion trying to get them all lined up with more classes. the stock tractors know they can't beat the "cheaters" but they also know who the other stock tractors are and even if they beat some of the "cheaters" they have something to be proud of.

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 01:18PM
puller#2 if you take the tractors that want to run 2600 rpms and ask them what they prefer they would agree. you had a good crop of new or hometown tractors so cater them a little. yes there is cheating but with some teching it is a good class. the 3000 guys are all cheating and should run alone or put them with the alterds you would be surprised at the results the hot farm are as good if not better than some of the alterd as for me being from vt well is that a bad thing there is some of the stronger tractors are from they can run with the best of them. but they do pull in there classes and the results are pretty close.and make for a better show.

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 04:45AM
I came back home to the east for the hometown NYTPA pull, 2 things I would suggest to improve--
1. More seating for fans.... (Needed for the last 10 years)
2. If no ESP pull competition on same day like this year and you plan to have 70 hooks day and night- Start at Noon or 11:30 AM instead of 1:00 PM. A couple little problems in the afternoon and you were working against the clock with no more room for any more trouble. (Maybe if the fair could remodel for more seating they could add room for a second track- now that is dreaming!)
Otherwise the pull itself was great although I have not seen such an amount of breakage, fires, explosions, etc... in 1 show in a long time.

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 05:58AM
First of all I would like to thank Rich an the entire crew up there that put the show on what a great fair an pull!!!!Secondly we drive close to 5 hours up there to go an pull because of the track an the people,we pull in the morning an then again at night with the big tractor.To say the stock tractors are out of control thats not exactly right .They tach them at the end of there pull to make sure there at 3000 rpm .No tractor that pulls at any event are not stock period,once you put a hitch an weight brackets on it you are altering that tractor to make it pull better right?Now for suggestions all i can say is maybe they could widen the track a little bit an run two sleds an have the whole show at night .But maybe there isn't enough staff or call for that.Other than that the pull runs perfect with a pull every 2 mins.Thanks again to all that make that pull run an we will be back year after year !!!!

Re: GREENWICH NY August 28, 2013 01:21PM
Just a question. I have been building a tractor to pull hot farm or super farm. If u read the fair rule book is says hot farm 510 cubic inch +- 1% if there is no cube limit enforced it would be nice to know. I plan on pulling local to start out. I talk to guys that are 570+ cubes in hot farm. If I can go bigger can we get that changed in the rules that fair has in there rule book and online. By the way Saturday was great!!! Maybe if its hot and dry like that again use a little more water sooner on drag tracto?

Re: GREENWICH NY August 31, 2013 11:12AM
Thanks to all involved with putting on the pulls. I've been pulling at Washington Cty since 1995 in the evening classes. This years track condition was great, best it has been in the last 5 yrs or more. Did not see a cubic Inch limit in rule book, there are some big cubes 466 to 800 cubes in hot farm and some over the 510 in 3000 rpm class. The night time start maybe start at 6:00 instead of 7:00. Thanks again. Is there gonna be a Fall Pull?

Re: GREENWICH NY August 31, 2013 02:34PM
I am not going to do a fall pull anymore. My son's birthday is that weekend now. Number 2 this year

Re: GREENWICH NY August 31, 2013 02:42PM
Rich,

the pull went fast, great track. I think the weather and cooler conditions made for a great night/track. I've been going there since 2001. I can say this, this was one of the better years i have seen down there.
The competition is getting tougher. I agree with the roll cages being mandatory for next year possibly, as it was said in the drivers meeting. there is alot of horspower friday nignt, especially when you see some of the superfarms falling short to the hot farms.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009