External oil pump on 5.9 Cummins September 02, 2013 11:54AM
Thinking of going to a external oil pump. Looking for a mandrel to use with a fluid balancer. Running alcohol so can't run off of fuel pump and distributor runs of front of cam. Using a small mandrel to drive fuel pump, don't think it's strong enough for both. Any help from someone who has done this. Or is the stock oil pump fine. Running in a LLSS class.Thanks

Re: External oil pump on 5.9 Cummins September 02, 2013 12:30PM
I'm running a in pan oil pump on mine but going to a external multi section pump on new motor to run turbo oil separate and engine oil at a higher pressure.

Re: External oil pump on 5.9 Cummins September 02, 2013 12:32PM
Is this on a Cummins?

Re: External oil pump on 5.9 Cummins September 02, 2013 01:32PM
ran cummins alky for 3 years no problems but my new tractor im going to run a external 3 stage pump with a fuel pump drive on the end and run 1 belt

Re: External oil pump on 5.9 Cummins September 03, 2013 01:00AM
Interested in a mandrel to bolt on the crank. The Cummins crank has no room for a wedge lock, and leaves no room for a sizable shaft. Looking for options.

Re: External oil pump on 5.9 Cummins September 03, 2013 01:32AM
We machined an adaptor to go between a Cummins balancer and the crank snout. Then machined a mandrel to bolt through the balancer into the adaptor. Have it off now can shoot you pictures if it would help.

Re: External oil pump on 5.9 Cummins September 03, 2013 02:46AM
That's exactly what I'm looking for, pics would be great, thanks 930case@att.net

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,989, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009