4.1 class October 27, 2020 01:20PM
Heard the 4.1s might have a rule change to allow components cause the ppl champion got caught using a component and has for the past few years and they knew about it and did nothing!

Re: 4.1 class October 27, 2020 01:23PM
Chad Darlage
Heard the 4.1s might have a rule change to allow components cause the ppl champion got caught using a component and has for the past few years and they knew about it and did nothing!

Why shouldn't components be allowed (not mandated) for Limited Pro, Light Pro, and Super Farm? If you're building a tractor, my understanding it's less expensive. They are safer. If a puller doesn't want to spend the $ for one, nobody is making them. A Limited Pro, Light Pro, and Super Farm are making a lot more horsepower than they came from the factory with.

Re: 4.1 class October 27, 2020 01:38PM
Make the one’s pushing the rules fix their stuff and get legal. Total BS. If the same people wanna run 30.5s and a 6 inch charger you gonna change to that to so they can stay legal. Leaders step up and protect the majority!!

Re: 4.1 class October 27, 2020 03:15PM
I’m trying to figure out how nobody noticed a component chassis instead of an Ag rearend.

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 03:18AM
Yeah, that's pretty laughable. A component rear-end is pretty darn easy to spot. Nobody noticed the truck rear-end and the outboard planetaries, or the Doc rear-end and the homemade housing? Please. If nobody noticed for years they probably wouldn't notice if someone had three turbos with a 903 block on alcohol pulling in the 4.1 class either.

Give them a component chassis. Then give them a 5" turbo. Give them a billet head. Give them a billet pump. Then after all that give them a bigger turbo... maybe a 5.5" or maybe a little bigger. Come to think of it why not give them 40 more cubic inches?

I've been huge advocate for component chassis allowance in some classes, but given the current rules regarding component tractors and the lack of need for them in Limited Pro (or Light Pro or LLSS) I'm confused as to why they are needed. In my opinion the class is completely fine the way it is and the actual tractor classes (with cast rearends) are the ones that are actually growing. Why ruin the classes that are growing?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 12:21AM
Why would you not enforce the rules? Can't imagine being a competitor and just being cool about finding out someone had been cheating for years with no repercussions.

However, if we are changing the rules to allow components, do it for LLSS too!!! Thought I would kick that hornets nest while we are at it.

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 01:01AM
LEAVE LLSS ALONE !!!!! If you guys cant figure it out, its one of the most popular classes for a reason --- it works the way it is, why mess with it !!!! For the umpteenth time LEAVE IT ALONE, if you want components-- for the umpteenth time --- theres a light class for them --- and FYI, if you can afford a component, a couple more chargers aint going to break you !!!!

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 12:26AM
My tractor is not a Component it has all the cast housings in it bolted together and in stock location. The motor is bolted to the rear end.
I have cut a lot of cast iron out of it but all are still there my frame is a one piece frame to add safety to the tractor. I would be more then happy to show anyone how it is built if you are still curious.I thought that pulling it apart at Nashville, Illnois would have been clear enough I am not hiding anything but if need be I can have my 3 year old draw it out in crayon for u. I don’t care which way you international guys want the rules to go if u want components vote them in if u don’t vote against them I don’t care but quit worrying about what u think I am doing and work on your own programs .

Any Questions. 1-812-360-6283

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 02:25AM
I believe Holzhauers (spelling?) tractor is the one they are talking about not yours

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 03:50AM
Holzhauers tractor is built the same as Waglers. Cast housings with a one piece frame. It was fully teched at Scheids by the PPL officials (Mears) and passed inspection (and yes they crawled under it to check it out)

Again....lots of misinformation out there.

Paul Romack

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 04:56AM
prmack
Holzhauers tractor is built the same as Waglers. Cast housings with a one piece frame. It was fully teched at Scheids by the PPL officials (Mears) and passed inspection (and yes they crawled under it to check it out)

Again....lots of misinformation out there.

Paul Romack

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the engine lowered in Holzhauers new chassis? Engine by rule book is supposed to be in stock location.

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 05:30AM
You put your name on the post and I'll answer your question.

Paul Romack

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 06:25AM
prmack
You put your name on the post and I'll answer your question.

Paul Romack

I'm not putting my name to ask a simple question. If it isn't a simple yes that the engine is in stock location, then by the rulebook (OEM rear-end, transmission and engine must remain in stock location) it is probably illegal.

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 06:30AM
The answer is simple but apparently putting your name is not.

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 06:37AM
Is it true

I'm not putting my name to ask a simple question. If it isn't a simple yes that the engine is in stock location, then by the rulebook (OEM rear-end, transmission and engine must remain in stock location) it is probably illegal.

i'm confused how can the engine be lowered and still bolt up to the trans?

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 01:23AM
It's really amazing how people can get on here and post things "that they heard". I was at Nashville on Saturday morning and actually helped Justin slide his tractor back together. His tractor is in no way a component. Cast housings with a one piece frame just as he said. And furthermore he actually discussed with a few of us (there was a group of us around trying to help him get back together) some of the how's and why's of his setup. If anyone wants to see his tractor I can personally attest that he will show you. I had never met him until that morning and he had no problem allowing people to look.

And to be clear, it IS being discussed to possibly allow components in the 4.1 class. Right, wrong, or indifferent IT IS BEING DISCUSSED. It's not a rule...It's a discussion. I am surprised that it has taken this long to make it on this forum. IF YOU ARE A 4.1 COMPETITOR CALL YOUR ORGANIZATION TO ASK ABOUT IT AND GIVE YOUR OPINION/CONCERNS. That's how discussion's work. I have to believe there are some pretty vocal guys/gals out there that would love to weigh in on the topic. Please let your voices be heard. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion but it does no one any good to come on here and make accusations and hide behind an IP address.

Paul Romack

Re: 4.1 class October 28, 2020 05:43AM
I do have a laugh every time someone gets on here an accuses Wagler for cheating, and Wagler responds with what his setup is. Explains in detail how it works. Then the dude lists his phone number at the end of his post if you have questions.

Next the comment, "Heard the 4.1s might have a rule change to allow components cause the ppl champion got caught using a component and has for the past few years and they knew about it and did nothing!"

1, "they knew about it" Alright, how did they know. If you respond with, "You can tell by looking at them". Well that argument holds no water. That means every body can tell and a group of 30, 4.1 pullers isn't going to just let it go because he is the point champion. And to honest with you, I am not a NTPA, PPL, or Outlaw official and I bet I could pick out a component rear end. You would have to do a massive amount of work to hide that. It wouldn't be worth it.

2. "rule change to allow components cause the ppl champion got caught". So to get a rule changed, you just have to cheat, win the points championship for a couple of years, and they will change the rules to make your tractor fit? Doubt it.

You have to remember, guys/teams that dominate always have others pointing figures at them and think there cheating. It is like that in every sport. I was helping with a hot farm tractor years ago. When hooked 32 times 1 season. 28 1st's, 2 2nd's, 1 3rd, and 1 5th place finish. Half way through the season guys were making comments about us cheating. The tractor was always legal, we just had it dialed in that year. As for Wagler, I don't know him. But I am friends with multiple people that run against him. And never once have they ever said anything negative about him.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520