Another legend leaves us October 27, 2020 01:04PM
Benny McKinnon of Old Faithful fame passed today. Prayers to the family.

Re: Another legend leaves us October 27, 2020 01:45PM
Prayers and sympathy for Benny’s family and friends. I have many great memories of him and his family pulling around our area. Although some of the family still compete it’s the end of an era for that generation of pullers in our area. I can’t remember the year but i remember a McKinnon winning every class at the Pike Co Fair pull. Benny and Old Fathful had to have made as many passes down the track as any puller in the history of the sport. He could have trouble and struggle all season long but when the pull in Pleasant Hill rolled around the black smoke would roll and she’d run like a scalded dog. RIP Benny

Re: Another legend leaves us. Benny Mckinnon October 31, 2020 04:16AM
I drove by his place on Rt. 96 just last week, looked over like I always did & remembering the D21 loaded on back of the Ford Louisville.
He always did well at the NFMS. I think he won a few times also. I believe he held the record for most consecutive appearances at Louisville.
Someone who knows more about this can fill us in.

Re: Another legend leaves us. Benny Mckinnon October 31, 2020 06:44AM
I believe that is right, although some guys have to be closing in on that.

CP

Re: Another legend leaves us October 31, 2020 07:03AM
Deepest sympathies for sure, curious how he got hooked up with the Allis corporation in pulling ? Always rumors of factory support and having parts nobody else had , any truth to this ? Ive seen pictures of that big Bosch P pump hanging on the side of that 21, how,d they do that ? Also what happened to his D21 ? Surly they kept it, at least i hope so, sad but time catches up to all of us

Re: Another legend leaves us November 14, 2020 12:41PM
Noble Harrison a A-C dealer nearby in Pittsfield I’ll was ground zero for high performance parts and know how for the Persian orange powerhouses. Ed Elgin worked for Allis Chalmers lived in nearby Louisiana Mo. also helped get help with Harvey Ill. engine works for a time before the manufacturers got out due to liability. A lot of tractors got support out of Pittsfield so I doubt if he got anything any of the other customers didn’t have access to. The McKinnon’s did all their own wrenching and came up with a lot of their own ideas and parts. I think the big Bosch pump came from Area Diesel Service in Carlinville Ill. Don’t know who came up with the drive (I think a blower styled notched belt) for the 426. Old Faithful went to Dexter Farm Equipment when Benny retired heard it ended up on the east coast somewhere.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason