External oil pump September 06, 2013 12:13PM
Looking to go to a external oil pump. 360 cube alcohol engine single charger LLSS class. On a budget like everybody else, what do I need? Found 3,4,5,6 stage pumps. What do you do with 6 stages, do you run them together to add up gpm? Would like and should have turbo oil separate. Would like to run fuel pump off same pulley, but already have that figured up for the right speed. Like to do stuff on my own, but am confused. Any help would be appreciated. Found some used ones, which brands are good or bad?

Re: External oil pump September 07, 2013 04:05AM
Looking to do the same, I think they use 3 stages to suck oil out of pan to the oil tank (scavage). For tractor pulling are people using wet or dry sump? What size would work?

Re: External oil pump September 08, 2013 01:20AM
Most tractors that I have seen use these pumps on a wet sump system. Tractors have plenty of room for a deep pan to get the oil away from the crank so a dry sump system is really unnecessary. We put one on a John Deere 466 motor and it has 2 stages pumping oil from the pan to the motor and another stage to pump fuel to the injection pump. If you wanted seperate oil for the turbo you would need another stage and a oil tank for the turbo oil. We used an Aviaid pump and it has 1 3/4" wide gears for the oil. I think if I was to do it again I would use the 2" wide gears. They said not to run the pump over 5,000 rpm so keep that in mind when selecting the proper pulleys to run the pump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2013 01:43AM by J&R Machine.

Re: External oil pump September 08, 2013 02:04AM
Is the pressure stage and the scavenge stage the same? Found some used pumps from racing, but only have 1 pressure stage. Is the pump it self the same to use it as a pressure stage. Are all scavenge stages connected? Would these scavenge stages work to reduce crank case pressure.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009