traction control September 09, 2013 10:13AM
At Jim Falls this year a fight broke out. Rumor is that someone shut down a truck running traction control. Is this possible? If so how? To those who use it, your killing the sport and will be pulling against yourselves before you know it.....

Re: traction control September 10, 2013 02:48PM
I heard the same thing. Sad what the sport has come to. We saw a alot of it in tri-state this year to just plain sad nothing is done about it.Just plain stealing of points and payback.If there is a way i would pay good money to expose the scum a show who the cheaters are steling from fellow pullers.

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 06:08AM
It is easy to spot on a video tape.Truck runs big RPM,s and a lot of wheel speed early in the hookYou cannot hear the RPM difference,but will see the tires turn very slowly at the end of the run.
There are more trucks using it than you think.The one's I'm thinking of let it slip their clutch to slow their tire to the track.Works better on poor tracks,great tracks can stand all the power you can run.

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 08:00AM
Show us the facts instead of spouting off like a baby!

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 08:11AM
So your saying this so called small electronic devise reaches out and grabs the clutch pedal and mechanically slips the clutch? Interesting

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 02:27PM
This is definitely being used extensively in several classes. It definitely is effective and can have huge benefits based on how well you can tune it. Seriously thought guys, if you don't know how it works, please don't comment on it. It has nothing to do with clutch engagement unless you run a strictly centrifugally engaging clutch. The easiest answer is to approve an ignition system using parts from a list, work with the manufacturer for tech support as well as a contingency program and then OUTLAW EVERYTHING ELSE. It would be real easy to figure out whether or not your ignition is legal based on whether there are extra components plugged in or not. It kinda evens the playing field too. No one wants to do this because it may upset another puller for a few weeks. Its too bad no one has enough balls to do what needs to be done so competition can be even and equal. We've become a mechanical freak show rather than a legitimate motorsport and this is why no one outside of our own sport respects us.

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 09:35AM
these traction control devices aren't near as much of an advantage as people think. it's obvious most commenting on this thread are keyboard pullers. the traction control is not a "live" setup. you have to program it and tell it what to do. it's not something where you just show up and run and it automatically takes care of you every night. it could take a totally different setting depending on whether you're pulling at the begining or end of the class. most pullers aren't even smart enough to be able to use it properly, me included.

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 10:14AM
Do some reading on NHRA and circle track racing and Traction control. If it doesn't bother you, good for you.

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 02:24PM
Hey!
I also think there are 2 wheel trucks running it on their front tires.

Re: traction control September 11, 2013 11:55PM
Google davis technologies. They have a self learning system that needs no sensors and is the size of a quarter. Look at the circle track stuff. All done with timing.

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 04:18AM
Remember Leo assured us none of those trucks were running traction control and there had to be sensors in place.The next day one of the trucks get caught running it. We bought one and did some playing with it. Self learning and tunable for how much timing it removes at what rpm with a keyless entry looking device to turn on and off.7 differnt tracks we made a run turned on the traction control rehooked trying to take the exact same path and found 6 to 20 feet better every time. I think just make it legal so honest people can run it to not just low life cheaters who can,t take losing..But oh yeah all i have to do is take pro pullers advice and work on my truck and it to will not slip a tire on the start and detune at the end...As stated earlier do the research it is alot more advanced than you think.

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 04:26AM
i'm about to the point of just saying make it legal. since it's so hard to find and police, just allow it. if it's going to help them put on a better show, and the fact that 99.9% of the fans would never notice the difference makes it hard to argue against.

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 06:46AM
If you are gonna use someone's name at least spell it right, genius! Don't be afraid to use your own name either, if you are so smart and tried this out and won't sharr your name, sounds like you are still using it and not winning by 6-20 ft so you assume everyone else close to you is cheating too... And where did you run this system back to back and see the difference it made??? I've seen 7 trucks go down the track running almost exact same line and last one was 30 ft ahead of fitst one, but the last place truck won the night before... or vice-versa, unless your theory was tested on a closed track that had multiple passes on it with only u doing these tests back to back to back it means nothing, and traction control is gonna benefit a horrible driver more than a good driver...

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 06:32AM
I'm taking a guess that you are "curious"? So if you are going to post use your screen name but do not use mine or anyone else's! I guess some people have no respect. It's pretty easy to use someone elses name or or pulling team name to spread gossip or what have you. If you caught someone why don't you post who it was along with the tech official, organization and your full name so this issue can be put to rest. And also how you discovered it so the rest of us can know what to look for.

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 06:14AM
I looked up Davis Technologies, the auto learning box is large enough it can't be hidden inside a msd box from the looks to me... And doesn't it need a speed sensor installed on the driveshaft??? How does it know wheels are slipping or how much they are slipping??? If it doesn't know it is just a guessing game or on the hands of the one controlling the dial on how much and when to retard timing??? Can I get one of these for a diesel???

I think Blue Thunder is using it because he has less power than many others in the class and still mops them up or runs with the best of them all the time!!!! Or maybe he is just the best at reading a track and his trucks been around for 15 years and he knows when and where to put his weight and can't overpower a track??? I wish I had the money or engine with 900 hp to give Larry and see what he could do with it...

I retract the second thought on Larry, you guys are right, he must be a cheater too to win with 80-100 hp less than his competitors... LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 06:52AM
The one for circle track or dirt is the size of a quarter. It is self learning system and can be hidden anywhere.

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 07:42AM
trackman
At Jim Falls this year a fight broke out. Rumor is that someone shut down a truck running traction control. Is this possible? If so how? To those who use it, your killing the sport and will be pulling against yourselves before you know it.....

JUST THAT, A RUMOR!!!! I'm pretty sure no one was ACTUALLY PROVEN to be cheating!!! Just hear say and people pointing fingers!

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 02:54PM
Why don't they just legalize it. Everyone can afford the latest and greatest engines, tires, driveline components, haulers, etc., but they can't afford $2500 for traction control? Seems foolish to keep arguing about it. If it was legal, there would be nothing to complain about.

Re: traction control September 12, 2013 04:28PM
Never used his name like i was him i was teasing him read again.And why not use your name if your going to gift us with your knowledge? I have tested the out my quarter sized, no sensor, self learning device on many test and tune events and some pulls on 5 differnt sleds.My name is Bob i am 5-10 tall,sandy hair,kind of tan,muscular,good looking for 46 years old and swing a big club..Ok i made that one up. As we stated before do some research and bring us a solution not bs. And in your diesel class there is huge spreads in distance but look at ss 4x4 or a class of true mod 4x4 trucks and they are real close.Has your truck ran more than once without blowing up or breaking? Ok sorry that was not nice but you started it..BOB Look i signed my name..

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 01:47AM
Genius
Never used his name like i was him i was teasing him read again.And why not use your name if your going to gift us with your knowledge? I have tested the out my quarter sized, no sensor, self learning device on many test and tune events and some pulls on 5 differnt sleds.My name is Bob i am 5-10 tall,sandy hair,kind of tan,muscular,good looking for 46 years old and swing a big club..Ok i made that one up. As we stated before do some research and bring us a solution not bs. And in your diesel class there is huge spreads in distance but look at ss 4x4 or a class of true mod 4x4 trucks and they are real close.Has your truck ran more than once without blowing up or breaking? Ok sorry that was not nice but you started it..BOB Look i signed my name..

My name is Matt Schaefer, not anything great here, but my engine made it almost 3 seasons and over 80 hooks, the stock crank did finally break with 3 NTPA hooks left this year... Yes we've blown up 4 turbos in those 3 seasons also... I'll bet most can't say that of their Steve Schmidt racing engine or whatever else brand of stuff you chose to run or have it built with. Our class used to be within inches on a good track 3-4 years ago... Now most trucks are in the 1600-1700 hp range and 6 35" DOT tires can't hook that power so the best driver or luck of the draw with track conditions decide where many will place.

I did the research, I didn't look in the circle track section to see the small chip the first time... I see two solutions, legalize it and let everyone run it, or the club buys a bunch of msd boxes and makes everybody give them back at the end of the pull and brings them to the next event... And we all know the second one isn't gonna happen! Make it mandatory everyone needs a MSD 10 type box, and make everyone trade back and forth between hooks, no one would have the same box more than a couple hooks a year, lmao!

I just get a kick out of how some people on these traction control threads throw names of trucks or people out there that have businesses or reputations on the line, with ABSOLUTELY no proof! Most mention remote controlled, and if it wasn't you would never be able to get the truck off the line because wheel slip would be too great... Someone has to be running these remotes, catch them, then run their mouths on the internet! Or, can some sort of a "jammer" be purchased to interfere with the remotes???

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 02:19AM
We built and dynoed a 477 BBC that made 925hp @ 8800rpm turning it 9200 without a dominator, and with a digital box hooked up on the dyno we tried pulling timing out to see what would happen and it killed it. Lost minimum of 75hp but the worse part is it wouldn't maintain rpm just fell flat. Maybe it's the big runner heads? Or was it the lack of timing. We took 15 degrees out. Tried to ramp back in but it didn't help.

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 02:37AM
I am confused though, that wire in chip works great for circle track guys because it limits their acceleration to keep the tires more hooked to the track and less outta control... And I know from watching my own 3.0 class that the one who drives out of the hole the best gets hooked to the track the most, then at the big end wheel speed and power can prevail with gearing selection... So the traction control would make way more sense for hooking the truck off the line and then you would want a big enough gear to pull it down and load it enough to use every ounce of hp you got at the big end, the 300 ft+ mark is THE LAST PLACE you want to give up even 10 hp, am I way off here????

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 03:14AM
I agree. Driving the truck coming out of the hole up to 100ft. is the make or break when it comes to getting to the other end and winning or being right in the mix. Been there done that, wrong gear or not judging the track right. I'm not to proud to say when I have done a poor job at either that is why truck pulling is so competitive. The driver is the key. I'm not going to blame it on the other guy using traction control or whatever. The trucks that pull around the quad state area are some of the best around, alot of pride goes into building and running them. And it's that sense of pride that keeps guys from cheating, then they can say they are one of the best.

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 06:47AM
So that self learning quarter size or whatever size it is doesn't use any type of sensors to "see" what the engine or wheels are doing from what is being said. So what is it really doing to take power away to prevent wheel slippage? It is taking away timing just like any digital ignition box that has programmable functions that utilize timing maps. Take out timing you take away power there is no other way on a carbureted engine. You can't pull fuel which would reduce power, you are not using a power adder so you can't slow or reduce boost pressure, with that being said if you run a digital style programmable ignition box you are cheating because you are munipulating the timing curve so power is reduced in order for the tires to hook in.

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 07:40AM
It does not need any sensors anywhere on the vehicle. It knows how fast the driveline and tires are turning and at what rate they are accelerating because it reads the crank trigger within the ignition system. It limits the engine from accelerating too fast if you begin to deliver more power to the tires than they can apply to the ground. This helps the tires to maintain greater traction. Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is a programmable launch. Giving the ignition system a set of parameters to go by along with time elapsed to bring the timing on. If you'd go to most any sportsman drag race this is old technology that has existed for at least a decade. The NHRA has a very strict stance on all of this and for to use the Pro Stock class as an example, if you try to use any other ignition box than a MSD Digital 7 part no. 7530T, you won't even be getting in line to qualify. This box was developed so that even if you added traction controlling functions, the tech official would be able to find it. In tractor pulling, we have dozens of rules whether they relate to safety, legal or illegal engines, or chassis design that routinely get ignored. If you just look at that by itself you'll see why this issue won't be resolved quickly or fairly. I agree with getting rid of these devices just because the rule already states that its not legal. If I'm gonna build a vehicle and go pull, let's decide what the rules are and just figure out how well we can make things work within them. I know how to make more power, but I don't have the R&D budget to do all that stuff in one year. Maybe if corn goes back to $6 that will change.

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 07:54AM
Respectfully how does it know what the tires and driveline are doing if there are no sensors in place? What about clutch slippage? It doesn't know if it's that or wheel slippage whereas a human can look at a laptop and take a previous run where you can view a graph with those parameters and decide okay lets try to pull timin here or add fuel here or pull back on boost (if that is allowed). You see where I'm going with this. It isn't going to know by just ERPM. If you are going 150 mph the ignition doesn't know that it just senses what rpm you are at and what timing. So are you at 8500rpm going 25mph or 150mph?

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 11:55AM
Gps

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 12:19PM
Bottom line, as a tech for a pulling club, how do you police it? or how do you detect if someone has it?

Re: traction control September 14, 2013 10:56AM
Leo,
I'm trying to spoon feed this to you. I already probably said a lot more than I should. If you aren't getting this concept, this may be why the idea of traction control in general is eluding you. I had to go watch a drag racing circuit where they have no engine limits and only allow a 10.5" wide tire. The entire show is based around how well they can tune their traction control. Its basically what I said in my previous post and along with what these other folks have indicated, we've shown you everywhere to look and where to get everything you need. If you think it requires more sensors, expect to assume the role of class filler. If you wanna take a closer look at things and work on only traction control, you'll probably be overlooking a lot of other obvious things that need to be improved too. Its gonna take a lot more being right than just how you tune this feature of your vehicle.

Re: traction control September 14, 2013 12:31PM
Would be fun to outfit the 100 foot flagger with a blocking device that scrambles the signals!

Re: traction control September 14, 2013 04:59PM
Davis Technologies will tell you that those scramblers or guns will not affect there products. What is the next solutionto prevent this?

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 01:15AM
I don't need any spoon feeding first off.I guess you didn't read the first word in my reply. There are so many experts on here. YES I know there is traction control out there that you can buy. If you have a digital MSD ignition box with ANY type of timing control or a way to map timing you have TRACTION CONTROL capabillities with out acutally have any other device in place. It's a "poor man's" way of having it. That is what you do not understand, that is my point to get all the info out in the open.

I go to the 10.5 races to. I know and have been told about the traction control, but it is not self learning it. You collect data from a run and you review it, then decide okay I need to take timing out here and boost there or increase shift rpm here. It isn't a plug in and forget about it system regardless of what you may think. You must input parameters that the system must calculate off of pure and simple.

With 10.5 drag racing it's about controlling huge amounts of power, twice the power any of the truck pullers make other than the blower trucks, and taking power away from a naturally aspirated engine is alot harder because you only have the power the engine makes, you give up 50hp you are going to be in trouble.

Again to my other post. Like puter said perhaps GPS okay I will give you that, but that device without input from the wheels, or driveshaft, or ground speed will not know how it needs to calculate an overrev or slippage which is what it is being used for correct??? I think anyone who has bought one or is going to buy one is wasting their money when you can get a $900.00 MSD digital 7 with slew rate timing control and timing control for each cylinder that can be preset. And you can get added features that are traction control. So there you have it if you didn't buy on you just saved yourself $2,000.00! Now use the digital box you already cheat with and add the traction control feature if you can't make the poor man's way work and you will start to beat everyone all the time because traction control in truck pulling is the key you know. I mean who would have thought you could dial in a truck on inconsistent dirt.

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 01:55AM
Mr Leo.GO TO WWW.MORETRACTION.COM AND READ WE KNOW YOU CAN. The devices go in the msd box and read the incoming trigger from crank trigger or distributor. It self learns no help from leo. all by its self how you drive and the truck reaction every 1/8 th turn of the drive shaft and then detimes the motor when it senses rpm spikes.That would come from tire slippage and make motor rev in turn crank trigger fires faster.Way more advancd than a msd box and you can set it for sensitivity and stages of rpm.How can you be on here assuring us no one is running it if you know nothing about it? I will bet anything the ones named are running it because i know where it was bought and a person who works there. price is over double of 2500.00 and like i said how can you police the scum bags when they have no concious and steal from fellow pullers and in some cases customers. Bill

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 02:24AM
It does not use driveshaft as an input! It uses the crankshaft which is ERPM you know engine speed. The box shown on Davis Technologies is not going to fit inside an MSD box. And maybe you should read alittle closer you do have to enter a value for the box to use as an end point to calculate it's self learning average. It only senses a spike in rpm regardless of what is causing it, tire slippage, clutch, or whatever. IT DOES NOT SENSE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ENGINE SPEED!

And why don't you stop changing your screen name and use the one you started with. So why don't you post the names then and a receipt of purchase? It only learns off the two inputs you enter depending on what box you have, the cheap one or the high dollar one. You don't just plug in and forget about it.

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 03:36AM
the leo imposter
Mr Leo.GO TO WWW.MORETRACTION.COM AND READ WE KNOW YOU CAN. The devices go in the msd box and read the incoming trigger from crank trigger or distributor. It self learns no help from leo. all by its self how you drive and the truck reaction every 1/8 th turn of the drive shaft and then detimes the motor when it senses rpm spikes.That would come from tire slippage and make motor rev in turn crank trigger fires faster.Way more advancd than a msd box and you can set it for sensitivity and stages of rpm.How can you be on here assuring us no one is running it if you know nothing about it? I will bet anything the ones named are running it because i know where it was bought and a person who works there. price is over double of 2500.00 and like i said how can you police the scum bags when they have no concious and steal from fellow pullers and in some cases customers. Bill

This is exactly what we all want!!! U know so much, u know where they bought it from and have their names and a contact name they purchased it from!!! Put it out there so someone can catch them and prove it!!! I WILL put the money up to have their MSD box pulled apart to look inside it for this chip! What is it $200??? I got that cash on me every pull I attend, give me the names, lol, even if it's $500 or $1000 I'm going to get it back because you reassured me your "insidr contact" knows these people are using it!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED, you are the man, Bill

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 09:32AM
Leo my man you are know getting it.Looking at the rules from your club all types of eletronic traction is illegal timing retard or whatever including msd boxes.I would love to expose these guys but my cousin would be jobless and it would be a legal matter. We will find a way got an idea, Stewert..

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 06:15PM
Really I got it long before you or curious or whoever you may be. I spoon fed the information about the MSD digital style box it has never been mentioned until I brought it up. You guys that complain about a device that you plug in for traction control has been the subject of these posts from the beginning. So go and look at the trucks see what box they have and then make them take it out. But you won't you would rather complain about it on a forum and have someone else do it for you.

Do you pull? What ignition system do you have? Of course you won't tell the truth as to what you have because you can post anything you want when no one can say who you are and disprove it. So now guy's who have that box may not have known when they installed it that they could use it as traction control, but now know that they can or if they have to take it out I guess they can blame me I really don't care. If anyone I pull against is using it good for them it's just that much sweeter when you beat them legit. So until another new post is started by a super duper smarter than anyone else without a real name gets the ball rolling again I'm done.

If someone wants to have an intelligent discussion on this post that is respectful to everyone then I may chime in.

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 02:15AM
I looked at the Self Learning traction control devices offered by Davis Technologies. The cheaper unit require the user ( a human being) to enter the threshold that they want the self learing box to take it's initial reading off of, then the user ( a human being) must use the mode knob to adjust the sensitivity of the self learning traction control device. The higher priced units $4,500.00 don't require the threshold to be entered but they do require the sensitivity to be set so the self learing box has a value to base off of.

I'm not saying it wouldn't help but it still requires the user to enter a pre-determined RPM that they feel is acceptable and usable based off of what they feel the track conditions will allow. In my opinion using an MSD or even a playback tach that you can download onto a laptop would be just as or more effective than the "self learing" never have to touch it just plug in and forget never have to judge a track or move weights or anything else again box. But I guess I know nothing, can I have some of the kool-aid to. Everyone on here is an expert when no one is. Go look at the ignition systems and data acquisition systems in the 10.5 drag cars. ALOT more than just a little self learning do it all box. 99% of those guys will be looking at a laptop after every pass to see what the car is doing. User input has been and alway will be needed.

So if other things are being overlooked and having traction control isn't the fix then why are people claiming this is the reason some trucks do so well. I said it before the people who have spent the time and money to make their truck work are not using traction control, it's more than likely the guy who can't figure out how to make truck work or judge the track. And hey if you come to a 10.5 race come and chat and we can go look at a few of the other cars and see what they use and some of the guys who tune and install it.

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 03:12AM
Leo. Look at the $7500 one that is in the dirt track area. It is the size of a quarter. I a gree that a digital box or six shooter can do similar things but have the human factor involved. What if you use a mag the digital box wont work. So these from davis will. There stuff is out there and it works from what I have seen.

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 03:47AM
I agree you do have "more" human input when using the digital box vs. the Davis unit, but that being said the user still has to set the sensitivity they want the box to use as it's starting point unless you are using the lower priced unit then you need to enter the threshold value also. The user still has to decide what they feel the track will take for power in this case for discussion "timing" because that is what we are really talking about here a way to control the timing to remove power from the engine. They have a how it works page on their website that states the user enters one or both of those values in regards as to what they feel tire slip is going to be. I admit I don't know all the adjustment parameters they have but I would guess the threshold is a max rpm you want to stay under and the mode adjusts the sensitivity which may be an amount of rpm spike you would accept example 250-500rpm no adjustment made ( and their website says this) or 500-600rpm it starts to take away power (timing) until it doesn't see a spike. With various tracks and conditions from the day of the pull to the next year you had better be 100% certain when you enter the values the box works off of or you could easily overcompenstate and end up taking more out than you want or not enough. It may be more advanced than MSD or any other box but it still requires some type of human input that can make a mistake.

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 03:57AM
Not trying to nit pick but this whole issue has been with trucks that do not use a MAG they use some type of ignition box. There are people on here that have posted sensible statements both proving or disproving what it can or can't do or if it is being used. My whole point was that if you have a digital type ignition box you have the abiltity to do the same thing so to say someone is cheating with using the Davis unit is hypocrisy, bottom line

So let's all go back to either a standard 6AL box or HEI ignition then you have nowhere to plug the Davis unit into, but I suppose someone will argue that to!

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 04:11AM
does any body know how much power you lose for every degree of timing you take out

Re: traction control September 15, 2013 06:13AM
I lost 10hp per degree when I had my engine on the dyno, only had 30 degrees and power was alot lower than expected so we double checked timing and then bumped it up to 36* after that a couple of degrees didn't do much for it. Now I didn't test it to see how much you can take out and what the effects would be. Maybe it would have been the same or maybe it compounds the lowe r you go I don't know. With the high oxygen content in some of the fuels that are allowed now I would think going to low on timing and then ramping it up could cause some problems due to extra fuel in the manifold / and cylinder that isn't being burned during combustion but that is just a theory.

Re: traction control September 13, 2013 02:00AM
I would like the part number and contact @ Davis Technologies so I can order the self learning plug in box for my MSD. Do you know if it works with the old school 6AL non progammable box? How much power are you giving up though with the traction control? It's hard enough to make the power much less give it up, there has to be a better way to utilize what you have not? That self learning unit is $2,500.00 or was that for something more basic? With no sensors where does the "box" get its signal from seems a little to simple to work so well. I know of guys who run EFI and very expensive setups that can have a traction control program installed but it uses driveshaft speed linked with ERPM in order to control power (i.e. timing, fuel curve, boost or nitrous depending on what power adder they have).

Re: traction control September 16, 2013 02:41AM
Does anyone have any video of a traction control run??
Or canyou tell when it works or doesn't?

Thanks
Mr Voyeur

Re: traction control September 16, 2013 09:24AM
You can tell when it is in use poorer tracks showing up more. I would guess alot of your 2wd and 4wd mods to also be using it having more power to try to hook but not pointing any fingers.Some organizations are allowing it is what i'm told and probaly can't blame them so the honest to can take advantage of it.go to www.moretraction.com and watch the videos you can hear it and see it on the tachometer in the video.Leo for one last time the unit does not go in a plugin it goes inside the box. You send them a box and they install or they send new box one installed.Did you drink your bathwater as a kid or eat crayons? Willard..

Re: traction control September 16, 2013 09:24AM
voyeur

Thanks
Mr Voyeur

GOOD LUCK!!!
Obviously not, or this could be solved by now!!! It's mostly just a bunch of made up people b**ching about a perceived thought that they have the best of everything and they are still loosing so the guys beating them must be cheating, or they are running one themselves and still loosing! So they just run their mouths and point fingers from behind a keyboard...

Re: traction control September 17, 2013 03:14AM
Here at MORTRAC we are pleased to announce a complete upgrade for the traction control units you are talking about. We do not make a unit we just upgrade it to be the best on the market. Using nano computer chip technology we take those units and install one or two new features depending on the application.

Upgrade for 4x4 trucks: "ADL" which is our new auto distance locator, it takes an average of pre-entered distances from 3 to 20 spots, it calculates the average distance you need and it can add up to 10' to that distance. You enter that distance and that is what you will pull. It does not averge distances of less than 3' between one place ahead and behind so you have a max of 6' that you must overcome. We already have three units upgraded and in use for feedback. Price for upgrade is $1,500.00

For you wheels up 2wd guys we have an upgrade for you also. The TOG (tires off ground) upgrade allows you to use GPS to guide your truck straight down the track without worries of going out of bounds, this upgrade is also $1,500.00. This can be synced to smart phones or GoPro type camera's

The third upgrade is the latest that uses the same technology as the auto makers do to monitor tire pressure. Using factory TPS it bleeds off air in the tires to increase traction when it senses tire slip or uneven surface texture from side to side this upgrade is only $500.00 if you supply your own TPS (tire pressure sensor).

These unit upgrades will be ready after the first of the year. We look forward to taking the "puller" out of the equation.

Respectfully,
Bob Mooretrac

Re: traction control September 17, 2013 11:37PM
Great Post. LMAO

Re: traction control September 17, 2013 03:18AM
BananaMaxPuller
voyeur

Thanks
Mr Voyeur

GOOD LUCK!!!
Obviously not, or this could be solved by now!!! It's mostly just a bunch of made up people b**ching about a perceived thought that they have the best of everything and they are still loosing so the guys beating them must be cheating, or they are running one themselves and still loosing! So they just run their mouths and point fingers from behind a keyboard...

Mr Banana
I am not in your group just following this thread. I am on a board with a different association. Just curious. I am the guy who takes the heat when the finger pointing starts.
I find Knowledge and fact finding helps in making decsions.
I am not prying for names or locations.
I am a registered user just chosing not to log in at this time nothing derogatory in my statements or questions.
Mr Voyeur

Re: traction control September 17, 2013 03:56AM
I know BananaMaxPuller and he meant nothing, good guy would help anyone out. And finally another person who is sensible and respectful when they post a reply.

Re: traction control September 17, 2013 05:48AM
voyeur
BananaMaxPuller
voyeur

Thanks
Mr Voyeur

GOOD LUCK!!!

Mr Banana
I am not in your group just following this thread. I am on a board with a different association. Just curious. I am the guy who takes the heat when the finger pointing starts.
I find Knowledge and fact finding helps in making decsions.
I am not prying for names or locations.
I am a registered user just chosing not to log in at this time nothing derogatory in my statements or questions.
Mr Voyeur

I understand, and I am sorry. That was no way directed at you, it was directed at the people you are trying to get the answer from in this thread that have no answer or proof or anything for that matter. I don't think some of these people understand the concept of traction control, they think it is a no user input cure-all to make any truck be a winner... Traction control takes away power, unless some of these guys got more than 100 extra hp on tap, they sure as hell won't want to be giving any up. A really good 10.5 tire car doesn't want or even use traction control once he gets car setup and "working". Traction control slows a drag cars potential down! If he had just hooked the power he had he wouldn't have had to pull 200 hp worth of nitrous out or 8 psi of boost out... Now his pass would be faster than if he had broke tires loose and got out of it or at least kept him out of the wall. These are cars with tons of extra hp on tap to work with.

Re: traction control September 18, 2013 01:04PM
Mr Banana, I am looking for an answer to my question, not your opinion.

Re: traction control September 17, 2013 05:58AM
I think that is why this whole thread was started to try and get some info or facts.So far looked at 8t was the best help trying to put it in simple perspective. We are all tired of people cheating stealing points,payback and ruining the sport for others because they have no respect for others with winning being the only thing on there mind and lying flat out to freinds,customers and fellow pullers.I see no names,trucks or buisneses mention on this thread but yet people like leo and matt come on here and jump all over us about proof and call us cheaters and say we are running it still can not win so who is direspectful? I give you credit for sticking up for freinds but how will you feel when these people are caught and they let you stick up for them only to make you look like even bigger doinks that is a good freind. Bottom line you have no idea what club the people posting pull with or if they are freinds of a puller.And why is it such a big deal people do not post there names on here not pointing fingers like matt and leo so what is the big deal it's a free country and i believe in my rights.Bottom line the only two on here who know nothing are you two like matt with a diesel truck starting bs.Big over and out.

Re: traction control September 17, 2013 08:29AM
leo likes bannanas
I think that is why this whole thread was started to try and get some info or facts.So far looked at 8t was the best help trying to put it in simple perspective. We are all tired of people cheating stealing points,payback and ruining the sport for others because they have no respect for others with winning being the only thing on there mind and lying flat out to freinds,customers and fellow pullers.I see no names,trucks or buisneses mention on this thread but yet people like leo and matt come on here and jump all over us about proof and call us cheaters and say we are running it still can not win so who is direspectful? I give you credit for sticking up for freinds but how will you feel when these people are caught and they let you stick up for them only to make you look like even bigger doinks that is a good freind. Bottom line you have no idea what club the people posting pull with or if they are freinds of a puller.And why is it such a big deal people do not post there names on here not pointing fingers like matt and leo so what is the big deal it's a free country and i believe in my rights.Bottom line the only two on here who know nothing are you two like matt with a diesel truck starting bs.Big over and out.

I'm in no way shape or form sticking up for anyone! I want names or proof of who is cheating, if my "good buddy" is the one cheating, I will put up the money to get my "good buddy" busted too! I have no time for cheaters, and I agree 100%with that cheaters kill a class or the sport in general! Leo and I just want proof to bring whoever it may be down!!! Have you not read or at least comprehended any of my posts??? Hence why I used my real name in an earlier post...

Someone without a real name started this post about cheaters, multiple no name people commented in about knowing multiple trucks cheating, we asked who, where, and how these no names know these "so called cheaters" are cheating? ?? And can you believe it, they have no clue how they know or "cannot share that info".... And you guys attack us asking the questions too!?!?

Does that make sense???

Re: traction control September 18, 2013 01:54PM
cheating is in all sports,always has been always will be !! With electronics,any thing is possible,small and easy.

Re: traction control September 21, 2014 10:26PM
Another year, same crap,,,,,

Re: traction control September 22, 2014 12:50AM
trackman
Another year, same crap,,,,,

Yes sir, still the same guys that spend good money on some of the best parts and have good working chassis' are out front on a consistent basis. I really enjoy watching the gas super stock guys! With a GOOD sled the top 5 trucks are usually within 3-5 feet of each other and you never know who will end up with 1st place... The 2wd blower guys were the same way this year with the right sled behind them.

Re: traction control September 21, 2014 11:06PM
How to be a tractor puller:

Step 1.) Outlaw everything that everyone has and you don't
Step 2.) Keep outlawing stuff until you're the only competitor
Step 3.) Outlaw some more stuff, just to be sure

Re: traction control September 21, 2014 11:15PM
So are you saying it should just be legal?

Re: traction control September 21, 2014 11:42PM
Having been involved in motorsports for 50 years I have these observations.The thicker the rule book the more it costs.A rule not enforced is worthless and most all rule changes to make things cheaper seem to cost more.If you don't win nobody cares what you have.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,880, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM