Eye PoppingThumbs UpThumbs DownPOLL - What is your favorite tractor class--Thumbs UpThumbs DownEye Popping March 02, 2009 02:26AM
Poll
408 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
What is you favorite tractor class:

I will be doing a poll on what is your favorite class? I am going to break it up into three separate polls. The first poll will be for all hooded tractors. The next will be mod’s, to include mini’s. And the last will be all trucks. I am only going to include classes that pull on the national level. Then I plan on taking the winners from each category and polling them. After this poll, I plan on doing other classes that are not national classes .

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 04:40AM by Jake Morgan.

can this be done? March 02, 2009 09:32AM
Hey Dick, do you have the capability of doing a top 3?

For example, I like the unlimited SS, diesel SS, and Light SS... it's hard to pick a favorite.

Does your message board allow the capacity to have us put down our #1 choice, #2 choice, and #3 choice?
Maybe #1 could get 3 points, #2 2 points, and #3 1 point.

The class with most points could be the "overall" favorite tractor class, second most would be 2nd favorite, etc.

This would allow us to choose 3 classes we really like without having to restrict to just one... and would probably give a better overall assessment.

Just asking....

Re: can this be done? March 02, 2009 10:12PM
I'll ask Jake

Re: PS on top March 05, 2009 11:06PM
I find it hard to believe that Pro Stock is leading the pole by a bunch,yet a lot of promotors will sign other classes before PS.Mich has blended PS with other classes due to the low PS numbers.I hope there are some promotors looking at the numbers here and sign the class.Your numbers prove that spectators want PS,so lets not let the class die!

Poll Results March 10, 2009 03:42AM
I’m not real surprised at the results, people love smoke and color, and Pro Stock cleaned up with Light Super Stock coming in second. Now if only we had a Light Pro Stock with a lower cubic inch limit we could have the best of both worlds!

To Spectator - The Pro Stock class is not loosing tractors because of Promoters (well not directly, I’ll explain), I’m sure if Michigan had two dozen Pro Stocks the Promoters would love to book them for many of their event. I think Pro Stock is a fan favorite and a Promoter favorite, the problem with the class is the rules, the cost, and the lack of color.

Here’s the indirect effect of the rules… lack of color: If I’m a promoter and I have a sponsor who is a CaseIH dealer, the last class I would want to book would be a Pro Stock class. My sponsor is not going to be happy sitting in the VIP section and watching 20 JD and maybe an IH battle it out for the victory. That won’t sell his products. If I’m a promoter I want classes with as much color as possible to attract as many fans as possible. I want every farmer of every brand of tractor thinking about coming to my event, not just farmers who farm with John Deere.

Ten years ago the Light Super would have finished much further back than second, the class is growing and gaining popularity because every brand is represented. If more top Diesel SS like Redline Fever jump in the LSS and have success, I’d look for that class to gain even more popularity. The LLSS has grown for the same reason, abundance of color.

I’d wager a fair amount of money that if a Light Pro Stock class with a 510 limit was started, in ten years that class would be near the top of this list, if not at the top of this list.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Poll Results March 10, 2009 06:52AM
since ps is the favorite everyone loves to watch, why in the world do we nearly always have to pull last, i know i know so everyone will stay the whole time to watch. but i get real real tired of being the last group on the track. Why dont' they treat the classes like they do pullers, pick the classes at random,.... out of hat or something. i know i know they want to make more money, position the class to keep everyone buying beer The only thing that keeps pullers from going is work on the farm or something to that nature, we will always show when we can but if any directors read this, mix it up a little better. just a thought

Re: Poll Results March 10, 2009 02:39PM
If that sponsor knew what was really going on, I don't think he or she would care about a MODIFIED selling his or her product. PRO STOCK=cheap way to get into tractor pulling. yeah right

polls no good March 10, 2009 03:40PM
I can vote every time i log on. cant realy trust this poll. IM NOT try to start a bunch a bs, just being honest

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,929, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM