Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 15, 2013 01:42PM
Our local association is lookin into changing our super farm class from ntpa rules to a mixed class like is run in NY. We would like to get the class numbers up and thinking this might be a good way to do it. It would be great if someone could tell us just what the rules are for the mixed class for NYTPA-PPL, or where we could get them. Also looking for input as to is this a good idea or not, and how competetive the different setups are with each other. Thanks for any help.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 15, 2013 03:53PM
In my opinion I wouldnt do it,Ive seen what a good limited pro will do in SF class in NY it would put 20' and sometimes more on 2nd place with average driver on it.If you check with any motor builder they will tell you a SF will never have enough HP to beat lim pro.I hope NY takes a look at SF class before they lose tractors its become a good competitive class before the lim pro now they just pull for 2nd.This is just my OPINION, Jody Dennison

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 15, 2013 11:22PM
Super Farm 3 x 3 weigh 9500 lbs......4.1 LimPro weigh 9,000 lbs...go from there.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 12:52AM
Better drop more weight than that off the 4.1's if you want it even remotely fair for the superfarms, or run them at diffrent hitch heights say 20 for superfarm and 18 for 4.1

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 01:07AM
Lim pros will spank super farms at that weight. IMO trying to mix classes is like working with explosives...one little thing off a little and the whole thing goes blammo. you can try it, but your back is against the wall big time.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 06:13AM
not everyplace has the numbers to run both classes.. looks like the ny and fullpull guys are having success running together. theres always gonna be a tractor ahead of the rest.. that's why its called a TRACTOR PULLING COMPETITION!!

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 02:09AM
USA-EAST has been running this class for fifteen years. it works great!!!
the rules are up on the web at www.fullpullproductions.com

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 01:30AM
The class that we have been hearing about is PPL super farms mixed with either 540, P-pump, 3x4, same weight, OR 540, A-pump, unlimited charger, at 8500. Not sure if this is correct or not, that's why i'm trying to find out more info. Also don't know about manifolds, coolers, etc.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 01:59AM
THAT IS SOME OF THE CONFUSION. THEIR IS SOME 640 CU IN AND 540 CU IN LIMITED PROS. IN NY THEY RUN THE 540. THEIR IS SOME REAL CRY BABIES IN THE NY CLASS. DO NOT GET ME WRONG BUT, HERE IN NY THE SUPER FARMS THAT RUN NYTPA POINT RUN GOOD BUT IF THEY WERE TO GO RUN AGAINST SOME OF THE BEST RUNNING SUPER FARMS IN THE COUNTRY THE WOULD BE 20 FT BEHIND THEM OR AT LEAST 12-15. NOW FOR THE "ONE" LIMITED PRO THEY ARE ALL CRYING ABOUT, THAT TRACTOR CAN GO ANY WERE IN THE COUNTRY AND RUN WITH THE BEST. SECOND THE SUPER FARMS RUNNING IN THAT CLASS DON'T HAVE ANY TROUBLE DRIVING PAST THE OTHER LIMITED PROS IN THE CLASS. THEY SHOULD QUIT CRYING ABOUT THE ONE TRACTOR AND FOCUS ON THEIR TRACTOR AND BUILD SOME MORE HP AND I WOULD BET IT WOULD BE ALOT CLOSER OR DIFFERENT. ALSO THE SUPER FARM TRACTORS WEREN'T CRYING EARLIER IN THE SEASON WHEN THEY WERE DRIVING PAST HIM !!! PEOPLE NEED TO FOCUS ON THEIR RIDE AND NOT THE COMPETITORS

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 05:49AM
No sword in the fight got a question why is it that some of the NY SF have gone to keystone in march and been competitive with national tractors yet they need to spend more money to compete with a lim pro ? Last time I looked it is in the rule book as a SUPER FARM class and only so much you can do.Let the lim pro pull SS ? I like to watch the SF class it's where some guys get there start in "The Big league" even young guys, and yes the lim pro had his bad hooks as did everybody but look at the distance he put on 2nd place tractor as I recall last hook it went 356' and 2nd place was a SF at 336' an then a bunch of SF in teens ? So one SF has awesome run over others and still gets stomped by 20' ? So i think NY should take a look at it before they lose tractors This is just my opinion

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 06:36AM
The combo class can be run together very competitively. Please see the results from Full Pull Productions in PA. The problem you guys are having is the same issue that happened last year with us. When you stretch out the tracks to 320+ a SF, insert whatever national tractor you want, will not keep up to them. However, if you keep them to 300ft, which is what pulling was intended to be from the start, these 2 tractor groups can be run together and put on a great show. On a good power surface a lim pro will win. On a mediocre to poor track a SF can be very competitive and win. We have seen both extremes this year and a very short track does help a SF. No system is perfect when running 2 different sets of rules together, but Full Pull has tried to create as balanced of a system that makes the pullers happy and produces a class that 15+ tractors attend on most nights with an even mix in the win column. A lim pro won the point this year, congrats to Nathan Graham, and a SF was second.

Lim Pro - 540 - apump - unlimited charger
SF - PPL/ESP/NYTPA rules minus fab intake manifold

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 08:13AM
I know you don't have a sword in this fight "no sword in this fight", so stay out of it. No need to put your name, you just concentrate on trying to beat Henry. The tracks need to be 300 that is for sure!! This 320-350 stuff is what's going to kill the class.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 01:12AM
FIRST YOU ARE CORRECT THEY SHOULD GO BY THE RULE BOOK. THE LIMITED PROS ARE PART OF THR CLASS RULES

SECOND WHEN YOU PULL INDOORS THE TRACK IS ONLY 240 FT +/- . THAT IS WHY YOU ARE SO CLOSE. AS THE PERSON IN THE ABOVE POST SAID IF YOU RUN ON A 300 FT OR LESS TRACK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RUN WITH THEM. IF YOU LET THEM GET GOING ON A 350FT TRACK YOU CAN'T. COMPARE YOUR STATAS ON AN OUTDOOR EVENT. THAT WILL TELL YOU IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO THE NATIONAL TRACTORS

THIRD WHO IS HENRY ?

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 07:03AM
NO SWORD
FIRST YOU ARE CORRECT THEY SHOULD GO BY THE RULE BOOK. THE LIMITED PROS ARE PART OF THR CLASS RULES

SECOND WHEN YOU PULL INDOORS THE TRACK IS ONLY 240 FT +/- . THAT IS WHY YOU ARE SO CLOSE. AS THE PERSON IN THE ABOVE POST SAID IF YOU RUN ON A 300 FT OR LESS TRACK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RUN WITH THEM. IF YOU LET THEM GET GOING ON A 350FT TRACK YOU CAN'T. COMPARE YOUR STATAS ON AN OUTDOOR EVENT. THAT WILL TELL YOU IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO THE NATIONAL TRACTORS

THIRD WHO IS HENRY ?

Lim pro was a deal that was made years ago when there was not the number of SF there is today and it needs to be addressed as it effects one tractor before they are dealing with 4 or 5 ! I don't believe even keeping track at 300' will make a difference he has more HP therefore more tire speed and momentum play a big part on a lot of tracks in NY, as I said this is my opinion I haven't heard any more crying from SF then you do in the SS class it's more concerned pullers who have invested a lot of time and money to put on a good show for the fans without them there is no pull and without classes with rules that make it a level playing field you have no pullers ? If you buy a toy in any Motorsport that has no specific class and an organization makes an exception to allow you to participate you should realize you may have to make changes to participate in future events which I think is where NYTPA is now as to my knowledge ESP does not allow lim pro in SF. Again this is just my opinion as I have no sword in the fight either Im just a fan of the sport, to answer your question "Henry" is Henry Everman who had an alcohol SS built last winter and has figured the tractor out in the latter part of the season and won 5 or 6 of the last hooks on the east side it's quite a piece and looks like it might be a tough one to beat next year.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 08:45AM
that tractor that henry has was built by terry blackborn and if he comes to bloomsburg this sat,. i don't think theres a tractor that will touch him if he's hooked up. that tractor is awsome and henry has it figured out thats for sure. the closest one to give him a run for the money is the chain reaction tractor of john belfance out of the hayes stable.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 09:52AM
Henry has 3-turbos and isn't legal to run with FPP or on the East Coast series (they limit alcohol tractors to 504 twin chargers).

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 12:16PM
I am sorry to say jake I hear rick has a special weight for Henry to run. Boy I bet Ray Link will love to hear that. Get Hootman to come also. Rich Horton

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 01:31PM
always trying to get me in trouble. LOL the USA-EAST rule book states that a 504 cu in tractor with three (3) chargers may compete with the Smoker Series at 8700 pounds and on a 20" drawbar. NONE has shown up in 2013!!

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 11:36PM
Sorry Rick. Trying to get a few more NY tractors. But your reply was funny

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class November 13, 2013 02:38PM
Why cant we just run bigger turbos in sf slotted 3 by 4
And the 540 guys need quit bxtchn and cube up
Also b1 fuel nos cheating sucks hope all their pumps stick
Laughing gas in either cans sucks to

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 18, 2013 07:52AM
I have seen the Forced Decision run all summer long. Early on it had some bugs and probably some driver adjustment to it; but from mid season on and especially toward the end of the season- WOW- in the Heavy SS Class. However in the Light SS Class run by ESP not so much wow. The tractor at heavy weight just runs fast, strong, and perfectly straight and balanced as it goes down the track. Had the class not been rained out with 2 tractors to go in Alexander on Sept. 1 Henry was leading and would have added that one to the 6 straight wins he ended with on the NYTPA circuit. BUT in the Light class the tractor is not as balanced and not as straight down the track and in Alexander both Hootman tractors and Ben Clark put Henry in 4th place. As a heavy SS it is impressive! At Alexander in the LSS the WOW goes to the Hootman tractors.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 16, 2013 08:24AM
I think there needs to be a class for just the limited pro's

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 06:20AM
not every club has the numbers or funds to run both classes. looks like the nytpa and full pull guys are having success and good numbers running together. there will always be one tractor out front. that's why its called a tractor pull COMPETITION!!

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 07:26AM
Just wondering why if someone has a tractor within the rules and works hard to keep it running why they should be penalized for doing well.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 09:31AM
I say go for the combined class if its going to make things better for your club. And to the limited pro everyone is worried about keep on!!

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 17, 2013 09:46AM
What limited pro is everyone worried about in NY?

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 18, 2013 02:26PM
I think they r talking about Stewart Reed's old tractor Just Money. One of nicest tractors u will see. Was sorry to see it leave down here but looks like the new owner takes very good care of it.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 18, 2013 02:44PM
Don't know the former owner but mr Jeff Harrison is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in my pulling days. And yes the tractor will be very well looked after. As far as it being in the wrong class well someone already said it. That tractor will run with the best in the country. The super farms in ny are 10-15ft behind the countries best so when they get to be albe to run with the best in the country too. Who knows who will win. And what a class it is with 15-20 tractors hooking on.

Re: Super Farm and Limited Pro Mixed Class September 19, 2013 09:22AM
Has any checked to make sure it's 540ci? Not not just that guy saying its a 540ci or looking at it and not seeing a deck plate!!! Everybody wants to say how ny super farms are weak!!!! Then y did this guy buy a mod turbo tractor? It should have been easy to build or buy one of these so called super farms that can put 10-20 feet on the ny boys. I don't think that is so. the New York super farms are the same as any where else in the country!!! If this tractor is so strong and awesome then take it and run against the other mod turbos and show us how it will blow them out of the water.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,790, Posts: 229,988, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,065.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009