Deutz Question March 02, 2009 12:27PM
We are seriously considering building a Deutz puller to run in a 3000 RPM, 436 cube class. We want to run something different and we are long time Deutz fans. The problem is...we don't know many people familiar with this tractor/engine. Can someone post contact info for someone that might be able to point us in the right direction? Thanks a bunch.

Re: Deutz Question March 02, 2009 12:39PM
You could try sending "Mark H" a pm on here.

Re: Deutz Question March 03, 2009 04:17AM
he's a little old so be patient!

Re: Deutz Question March 03, 2009 11:36AM
Your first link Sascha? Who is that to contact? Does he know something about them?? Thanks

Bobby

Re: Deutz Question March 03, 2009 01:36PM
[www.drdeutz.com]

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 05:05AM
A great guy to deal with, however at this time I have him on retainer. We are updating the wifes 130-06 and until that is done his contract says no others....GrinningWinking

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 01:58AM
Give us a call.608 938 4030.Been pulling Deutz for 20 years and built 5 of them during that time from N.A. to a 3 charge superstock.Be happy to help you.

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 02:39AM
you should get your number changed to 8006 or something ,4030 is a good green number

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 03:01AM
LOL!Maybe back in 1979 he bled that color green inside.When he settled for this green he should have got it changed.You'll have to ask the old guy if that was planned.

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 05:26AM
You can give us a call at Green County Machine! We've built the Little Angry deutz and we'd be happy to help as well!

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 05:32AM
do the deutz engines have a larger bore cylinder available to bolt on.isn't dennis johnson using the deutz crankcase with steel jugs.is the silver bullett basicly a deutz crankcase to.just wondering if these uss guys are using the same crankcase as the llss diesel pullers are.

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 05:51AM
By the way the (608)329-7227 for Green County Machine!

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 07:46AM
Hey guys, thanks for all of the info and offers of help. We'll probably be picking your brain in the near future.

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 07:52AM
picking any of those twos brains shouldnt take you long!Winking

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 08:20AM
It sure will!It's going to take a long time just to find it! I'll get you for that one!

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 06:55AM
They do as far as I know only they use or used to use the big block 584 block.We are limited to 410 cubes so we use the 345 or 372 block.As far as the sleeves you make your own to what bore you need.Cast ones don't hold up.

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 07:23AM
sure would be neat to see somekind of deutz sheetmetal on ,bullett reloaded.personaly im partial to olivers and think the silver bullett would look awesome in 2255 skin.

Re: Deutz Question March 04, 2009 12:29PM
your correct it would look awsome as a 2255! but please dont mention oliver in a post about duetz people might get confused when seeing the two diffrent shades of green, and us oliver people just cant be part of the duetz mofia

Re: Deutz Question April 02, 2009 12:33PM
who ownes little angry

Re: Deutz Question April 02, 2009 02:34PM
I have a 10 mm A pump that was on a deutz pulling tractor that is really good. Changed classes and have it on the bench if this would work for you. Has a quick delivery cam in it. Let me know if this would interest you.

Re: Deutz Question April 02, 2009 03:00PM
the john anderson family out of Monticello,Wi owns little angry

Re: Deutz Question April 06, 2009 01:22PM
work with larry and mark, together they have over 50 years of pulling experience and 25 plus years of making deutz's run! They are the ones that sold "little angry" to the anderson's and steered them in the right direction. larry and mark have a true passion for the sport and are not on here promoting their buisness!

Re: Deutz Question April 09, 2009 01:52AM
YES ethics your FACTS are dead on! Because us Andersons with our machine shop, repair shop and our own brains we couldnt even get one of those overly complicated Deutz to even start on our own! Say we were about to send the Hawthornes a check to keep Little Angry running but i cant seem to find the bill! Was wondering if you knew how much we owed them?

Re: Deutz Question April 10, 2009 08:26AM
so, are you saying the Hawthornes are the ones who got your tractor running so good?? well, that was very big of you to admit that on this forum. you deserve a great deal of credit for that.i am curious about one thing though. who told you where to hide the blue bottle??

Re: Deutz Question April 10, 2009 09:58AM
I don't think this topic was aimed at who is a better Deutz builder the Andersons or us.I posted that if the poster had any questions that we would be happy to help them out as we would do for anyone.
To straighten out any assumptions out there,we do our own work and Shultz Automotive does our machine work and has since the 70's.and Green County Machine does our crank balancing and does a great job.Yes their tractor was mostly built in our shop which the tractor they have, used to be the old Country Gentelmen which Dad built.They used alot of our old parts to get started.That tractor now has been totally redone and they have done that on there own.The only thing that is in it when it left our shop is the trans which is getting changed also.Yes we do ask each other questions once in a while but who doesn't.
They don't owe us any money and never have. As far as whos the best to go to for Deutz questions?I can't answer that.All I know is dad has been in pulling for 49 years now and has run Deutz for 29 years.Also a Deutz dealer for many as well.I think our work has proven it isn't too bad.I'm sure Andersons have learned alot about a Duetz over the years and have made theirs run good as well.
Were all competitors and "freinds off the track".Alot of our close freinds is who we pull against and without that we would not be pulling!
As far as the person wanting to know about building a Deutz?Can save you alot of time.You can buy the whole thing.
And thanks to all of you that suggested us.We do our best!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason