NATPA February 25, 2021 11:10PM
I read the rules for their division V+ and am a little confused by them. It says in one part that a working governor is required then a little further down the page says a rev limiter is required. So unless I misread them and you can use one or the other I don’t understand why you would need both because aren’t they both doing essentially the same job of controlling the engine RPM?

Re: NATPA February 26, 2021 12:54AM
I believe they are concerned about the potential for a mechanical governor to fail. The rev limiter would be a failsafe. That being said you can just run a rev limiter if you prefer.

Re: NATPA February 26, 2021 12:59AM
Give Steve B. a call, he is in tech with NATPA and a board member, he can answer your questions, seven 65 - 618 - 7150

Re: NATPA February 26, 2021 01:45AM
Thanks for the information. I would like to go run against those guys once just to see how I stack up.

Re: NATPA February 26, 2021 02:30AM
Track type plays a huge role in the competition, some places have sandy loamy silty type dirt, not good for power application, it takes going very close to 12 mph at the speed cone at about 75% of the track to be competitive. I have done ok, but was afraid to blow the speed horn.Go give it a try, fun no matter what, if the weather is good, it helps a lot.

Re: NATPA February 26, 2021 02:58AM
The NATPA has three events coming up starting this weekend in Princeton, Indiana
Next weekend is a double points hook in Waterloo, Iowa
The season concludes with three days of competition in Lincoln, Nebraska, with two qualifier hooks and Championship Day.

It's a great group of pullers, I encourage everyone that pulls an antique to compete at a NATPA event near them. Rule set for each division is available at www.natpa.club

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,693, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520