Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 12:52AM
I have a couple of questions about NTPA Super National Pulls. There used to be three of them: Tomah, Wisconsin; Chapel Hill, TN; and Bowling Green, OH. I have seen all three of these pulls and the production and presentation to them is absolutely astounding. Some of the most well ran, and top tier hooks a fan can see. However, this year I noticed Tomah is NOT listed as a Super National pull on NTPA's website. So questions:

1. Why is Tomah not a Super National pull this year? -Is it because they are including more regional national classes than in years past?
2. How does a pull jump from Grand National to Super National? - I used to think that it had to include all NTPA classes/ be a 5 session pull, but Chapel Hill is only a 2 session pull. Does it have to do with seating capacity? Total purse paid out?
3. AND.... What about the North Iowa Nationals? I see they have become a 4 session pull this year. Still designated as a Grand National pull, but with Tomah losing that classification, is Rockwell looking to slide into that spot?

All of this is most likely trivial, and may not matter as much as I make it seem. Just sounds cool when you say you have been to a "Super" National pull. As a fan, these are the things my buddies and I love to debate on our road trips to these big pulls.

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 01:32AM
Grand National vs Super National is the purse. It's how much you are paying per class. So Tomah obviously is taking a step back this year because of cost.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 05:03AM
Tomah is a unique case for this year given the derecho damage suffered by the facility last summer. Pure speculation on my part since I'm not a local, but it may only be temporary while repairs were/are made.

CP

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 03:34PM
The folks at Rockwell are doing a great job of growing that event, it is a great facility although the track can be a little fickle at times. We haven't been there for a few years so the track may be different now I know they work hard to put on a good event. Hope to get there again in the near future its worth the trip.

S'no Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 01:12AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 01:33AM
It is because of the purse payout. Tomah does not wanna pay the extra purse because of Covid also being a super National pull does not really have that many benefits to the promoter other than more publicity from the ntpa but I don’t really think Tomah needs publicity. They will be just fine being a grand National, only person this hurts is the puller

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 04:10AM
So that means Tomah will be lowering their ticket prices then right?

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 04:40AM
Or maybe, they are not raising it.

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 28, 2021 04:14PM
Grubby, that would kind of defeat the purpose of lowering the purse if they also lowered the ticket prices considering the reason for this is to ultimately save or bring in more money to make up for lost revenue from last year’s fiasco, but then again you’ve always seemed to have a hard on for the NTPA/Tomah.

Re: Super National vs. Grand National February 25, 2021 06:00AM
The folks at Rockwell have their eyes on a Super National Pull. Each year they make big steps to get there. I wouldn't doubt they will be there in 2-3 more years.

The purse is one thing but the facility has to be able to handle a Super National and the vehicles it can bring.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason