NTPA: Why??? September 16, 2013 04:04PM
New rule:
Light Unlimited:
A maximum of two (2) supercharged or turbocharged (no naturally aspirated or turbines) piston engines at 6000 lbs. (These rules are locked in for a three year period)

I agree with the 2 super/turbocharged engine limit. That part of the rule makes sense.

However, why no turbines? The reasoning given for disallowing them under the prior "Unlimited" rules was that someone could theoretically run 3 of them in the class. Now that it's a limited class, I see no reason for not allowing 1 t-64/55 or maybe 2 of the t-53s. Why no n/a tractors?

They just kicked one of their percommitted tractors to the curb with that one. 3 N/A engines seems like a reasonable combination if only to allow a little more variety.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 04:05PM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 12:43AM
Looks to me like they kicked out all 3 of their precommited tractors. They must have felt the class needed wholesale changes to survive. Now lets see if someone can get a twin Allison to 6k.

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 02:12AM
Do you think even four naturally aspirated motors could keep up with two screw blown hemis or even two turbocharged hemis? JW

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 02:42AM
If you're going to run 4 engines like what Larry Profab runs then yes, probably will keep up with 2 blower engines but whats the advantage? Its not cost or weight

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 02:43AM
Actually yes I believe they could. Out west in Neb bush two N/A can compete with one hemi so why could four compete with two?

And really who do think is going the build a twin screw hemi? Bauer? Ok so they would be the only one and still make everyone else look stupid. Because all anyone wants to do for this class is build a three engine mod and take a engine off. And you can't run a screw charger in the mod class.

I wouldn't be afraid of a turbo twin hemi anyway. The N/A tractor would way more consistent.

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 03:10AM
The top thread says two supercharged or turbocharged. Where is the screw charger deal come from? No way anything will keep up with hemi with screw chargers on them, or did you mean a roots supercharger.

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 04:19AM
Isn't a screw charger a supercharger?

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 04:43AM
[www.rbssuperchargers.com]

[www.rbssuperchargers.com]

1st link is a Screw charger 2nd one is a roots type charger. I wouldn't imagine them making screw chargers legal in the NTPA.

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 05:12AM
Screw chargers have been legal in Unl for years. Billy Biers was collecting them at one time. He might have even made a hook with 2 on.

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 11:21AM
Yep, screw chargers legal in UNLIMITED class only.
No stipulation on light or heavy.
Guess if I was in Bauers camp and got neutered back to two, those two would be sporting the latest/greatest screw blowers money could buy.
Under the required bags,

Re: NTPA: Why??? September 17, 2013 02:15PM
Why don't someone build a mod like Bullwhip but instead use 2 or 3 DT466 ( or any other engine mfr. ) on alcohol with 3 or 4 chargers on each? It still falls under the unlimited rules. Shoudl be able to make weight in the heavy class at least.

like this one? September 17, 2013 02:18PM
[www.youtube.com]

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: like this one? September 17, 2013 02:46PM
With solidworks and cnc mills why not make a couple of V-12 hemis? 5" or bigger bore centers? There are 16-71 blowers if screw aren't allowed. Maybe two 12-71s married together with two inlets and two discharge ports if limited to single superchargers.

I don't know if two iron DT466s would make wieght? With aftermarket blocks allowed in SSD it wouldn't take a lot more to cast some in aluminum for mod use.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009