NASCAR dirt race at Bristol March 29, 2021 04:06PM
Not pulling, but a dirt sport at a venue that's held both NTPA and ATPA pulls.

Overall, imo it turned out well. Torrential rain during the weekend made track prep a challenge, but the actual race was entertaining, even if the format was different. It felt like they ran 5 50-lap features.

NASCAR announced they would do it again in 2022, hoping to sell out Bristol. Personal opinion- I wish they would try it at a real dirt track ( Eldora... Every motorsports fan should go to the World 100 once in their life. Best dirt race in America). I think Tony Stewart is not on NASCAR's Christmas Card list these days, so it probably wouldn't happen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2021 04:08PM by The Original Michael.

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol March 29, 2021 11:43PM
I tried to watch the race, but found it difficult to follow. Next year they need to have it as a night race, that way the cars will not be going into and out of shadows, it would also make it better for the drivers to see.

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol March 30, 2021 01:02PM
I couldnt care less about NASCAR. But we went the weekend before to watch all the other dirt classes. The super late models are awesome to watch. They we're 40+mph faster than the cup cars on dirt. Now, the cup cars on the pavement were faster. I've never been to the cup race on pavement there but I will for sure I go back next year if they do dirt again, and maybe carry a car.

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol March 30, 2021 02:51PM
It would be a pretty cool venue for a tractor pull. The dirt is already there, just turn the front stretch into a pulling track.

Have GN classes one night then have regional classes the next, then on the last have farm paced classes. That way everyone gets a chance to pull here just like how they did with the dirt track racing. They had everything from a 4 cylinder to a cup car.

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol / ATPA 2000 March 31, 2021 12:21PM
Wheeler
It would be a pretty cool venue for a tractor pull. The dirt is already there, just turn the front stretch into a pulling track.

Have GN classes one night then have regional classes the next, then on the last have farm paced classes. That way everyone gets a chance to pull here just like how they did with the dirt track racing. They had everything from a 4 cylinder to a cup car.

ATPA 2000

[www.youtube.com]

TNT had a few at the Kingsport TN track back in the 80s and 90s
It was a really good place for a pull / They had it in the center of the track plus Bigfoot Fastrax and a few others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2021 12:31PM by kevinh.

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol April 01, 2021 01:43AM
Any of y'all ever pull on a dirt oval track? 99% of them slope towards the infield and I've yet to see a track builder level one out for pulling. Makes for some real interesting sled placement and driving.

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol April 05, 2021 06:54AM
Anybody that has pulled at the schieds diesel extravaganza has. Several of your big name pullers have in alot of classes have. Now that track is not like most. But it can happen.

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol April 08, 2021 10:17AM
Cleet
Any of y'all ever pull on a dirt oval track? 99% of them slope towards the infield and I've yet to see a track builder level one out for pulling. Makes for some real interesting sled placement and driving.

I have filmed at the track in Scottsburg, Indiana. Had to make the decision between having a level tripod or the vehicles level in the frame. lol

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: NASCAR dirt race at Bristol April 05, 2021 12:27PM
Start high finish low....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520