Starter for 666. Need Help Quick. September 26, 2013 12:34PM
I put a dt360 in my 656 farm tractor. Used a factory 666 rear engine plate and a new IH 666 flywheel for the 312 engine. Everything is together, and ready to run it, but my starter will not engage the ring gear. The starter that I bought turned out to be for a 686 gear drive tractor, and had a 10 tooth drive gear. When things didnt measure out, I called the company and questioned the application. They admitted that I would need a 12 tooth starter gear, and they made the appropriate changes for free. Installed the 12 tooth starter and still will not engage. What starter do I need? Again, it is a 656 chassis with a flywheel for a 666 tractor with the 312 engine. Thankyou for any help.

Re: Starter for 666. Need Help Quick. September 26, 2013 02:11PM
is the rear bottom of the starter resting on a bolt head?

if so remove bolt. or grind starter, or both.

Re: Starter for 666. Need Help Quick. September 27, 2013 02:40AM
Starter wouldnt clear bolt initially. Countersunk the bolt hole and used a flush headed bolt. Did a little grinding on the bottom of the starter. No interference. Tried a 10 tooth gear first. Didnt work. Tried a 12 tooth gear. Still wont engage. Just wondering what starter other guys have ran.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009