National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 29, 2021 03:30PM
I'm realizing as a puller of a 9500 hot farm that if i want to travel to a different state or pull with another club it is almost impossible to find another 9500 hot farm class that matches the same rules my club utilizes. I think everyone can agree on that we should all start making 9500 hot farm a uniform class so that any hot farm from anywhere can pull together. Most hot farm rules are very similar but they are different enough to not allow others to pull with each other. You may say you have good numbers of tractors in your class so your class doesn't need to change, well by changing your rules to the national rules you can get even more tractors in your class!

So fellow hot farm pullers it's time we come together as one and make 9500 hot farm the best its ever been!

Engines:

1. 510 cubic inch limit (+ or – 1 percent). Maximum of 8 cylinders permitted.

2. Engine head must be OEM agriculture-type (no aftermarket head) for that brand engine

3. No overhead cams allowed. Maximum of 2 valves per cylinder.

4. Manifolds
a. Intake manifold may be non-OEM with a maximum inlet size 3.75” measured on the outside diameter. One inlet pipe only.
b. No intercooler or aftercooler allowed. If OEM intercooler manifold is used it must be disconnected from all cooling means. No CO2 or any other means of
cooling the air in the piping or manifold. No ice filled or ice cooled devices onboard tractor of any kind. All engine air must enter the inlet of the turbo at
ambient air temp and humidity. Inlet air may not be drawn thru or across any type of cooling device.
c. Exhaust headers allowed

5. Turbo restriction: 3” inlet X 3½” exhaust outlet, no waste gates. Compressor wheel must protrude into the 3” bore. Intake housing to be no larger than three
inches at the face of the wheel. No additional openings in compressor housing outside the 3” opening. The exhaust side to be no larger than
3.5" at the face of the wheel and the wheel should protrude the housing 1/8". MWE groove is allowed a maximum width of .200.
MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake covered is measured at 3”

6. The Maximum allowed size pump for diesel injection is a P-Pump. (No aftermarket housing) Only one plunger per cylinder allowed.

7. Diesel fuel only

8. High pressure water injection is allowed in the crossover pipe and ported water is allowed in the intake manifold only, not in the head. Water only permitted

Competition: Hot Farm tractors are only allowed to compete in the Hot Farm class.

Tires: Maximum tire size 20.8 X 38 (radials allowed) with a maximum of 56 lugs allowed. Tire can be no larger than a maximum of 220-inch circumference when
inflated to 20 psi. Tread width to not exceed 21 inches when mounted on a 20 inch wide rim. Aluminum rims allowed.

Weight: The class will compete at 9,500 lbs.

Safety: All OEM chassis (non-component) Pro Stock rules including shielding, safety and SFI apply to this class.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 29, 2021 04:07PM
I sort of agree with these rules, i believe water injection should be allowed to have water soluble oil also as running only water is not going be good on engine components, other than that question the psi on tires as that seems tad much for the weight class. Based on specs a good running tractor in this class should be running over 1000hp so would need tires to hook to dirt. Other wise this idea is good start.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 29, 2021 09:22PM
Just go off the PPL rules plan and simple already in place and plenty of pullers.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 01:13AM
The rules that i listed are NTPA's hot farm rules which are the same as PPL. There may be some tweaking that has to be done but nothing is ever set in stone, changes can be made. We all just have to work together to make a class we are all happy with.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 29, 2021 10:14PM
What is the PPL hot farm rules? Personally I like the NTPA rules because it allows many different color tractors and a more interesting class at 510ci and if red and green guys don’t want to bump up their cubic inch it’s proven that they can be competitive at 466ci . It also makes it more of a drivers game with the 20.8 tires.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 12:36AM
Lot of oddball rules here I question:

1. Why 3.75” inlet on manifold? 4” is pretty common on aftermarket manifolds

2. No port water injection? Why?

3. 3.5 outlet? Why not a standard size 3.6?

4. Run VP spec fuel and spec water

5. Run a smooth bore inlet turbocharger

Lastly your biggest issue will likely be having to allow aftermarket cylinder heads as ppl already allows them

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 01:25AM
1. Identical to existing IPL & PPL

2. You can in the manifold, not the head.

3. Identical to existing IPL & PPL

4. Agreed

5. Identical to existing IPL & PPL

PPL does on the head, that's true. IPL says OEM or stock replacement, which opens up a lot of vagueness.

CP

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 02:53AM
Existing rules aren’t really a concern, implementation of sensible rules is my concern.

1. Increases expense
2. No logical reason for this
3. Increases expense
4.agreed
5. Tremendously increases expense and a huge headache for tech

I’m not a fan of allowing recast heads but I see some reasoning behind it.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 03:31AM
Boys PPL or Ntpa rules but all I would like to see is rules the same across the board and rules that allow you to spend money on parts that will last.
All tractor truck pulling is very expensive seems like even farm stock is, I want to spend my money on something that is going to last.
So not so much as a performance deal on billet or recast as far for me it’s how long it’s will last.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 04:01AM
Increases expense for whom? Pile of machines already built to these specs. Changes to bigger mean buying parts.

CP

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 06:02AM
cpr
Increases expense for whom? Pile of machines already built to these specs. Changes to bigger mean buying parts.

CP

Legitimate question. But before I answer this question I have a question that needs answered: How much of the nation are these national rules going to encompass? If you draw a circle around Indiana you will have the bulk of the ipl/ppl/ntpa competitors that use these similar rules. Outside of that the hot farm rules change fairly drastically for example: badger state, east coast, Bob/ktpa profarm, Carolina hot farm, etc. All would have to make significant changes to run the current Indiana rule sets.

I’m all for a consistent ruleset that allows people to travel to different areas of the country to hook without making changes however in order for that to happen there will have to be a lot of give and take from all versions that could potentially be included otherwise their will be no national participation

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 06:15AM
I admit, you caught me in a geographic bias. Point taken.

CP

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 10:12AM
Here in the Northeast there are mainly 4 Hot Farm organizations and all have diffrent rules. Too bad but I don't see it ever changing. The rules where made for their own area pullers like most of the other classes. I quess if I had the money to run anywhere in the country I'd build a Pro- stock that class seems to be the same everywhere in the country. I wonder why that happened ?

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules June 30, 2021 10:33AM
jd43
Here in the Northeast there are mainly 4 Hot Farm organizations and all have diffrent rules. Too bad but I don't see it ever changing. The rules where made for their own area pullers like most of the other classes. I quess if I had the money to run anywhere in the country I'd build a Pro- stock that class seems to be the same everywhere in the country. I wonder why that happened ?

Actually even Prostock has this issue.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules July 01, 2021 02:12AM
"Oddities", please explain your "Actually even Prostock has this issue." Even it it means starting a new thread.

Today's Hot Farm and Super Farm are much 'hotter' performance than how the PS's class inception, started 40 years ago.
And despite all the engine / turbo choking, combined with 24.5's, the PS class overtime became a premier big sanction and fan favortie class. But it took time.

Hot Farm rules adopted by NTPA and PPL came from a very successful quarter century of pulling success.
From an Indiana regional group, known today as Indiana Pulling League (IPL).
Which is an independent association and has no ties to PPL.
Several of the IPL Hot Farms also pull with PPL &/Or NTPA.
They always definitely perform a really good show.
IPL HF's are a very popular class with the promoters on a very busy IPL schedule.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules July 01, 2021 02:57AM
Outlaws prostock class has a box charger rule and doesn’t allow intercoolers.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules July 01, 2021 09:52AM
I didn't know Outlaw had different Pro-stock rules.
There is a big difference in just what a Hot Farm is. Here a Hot farm is less HP than a Pro-Farm but other parts of the country it's the opposite. I always joked that if you want a Hot Farm build a SF and if you want a Pro-Farm in this area build a Pro-Stock and make them appear as the lesser.
I was told on a bus trip in 1998 to Bowling Green out of the Williamsport Pa. area that if you want to be serious on pulling you take a 2 bangerJD and put a 466 or what ever in it and make it look stock. I think a JD Pro-stock did that.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules July 01, 2021 04:42PM
trying to get National 9500 hot farm rules will be like trying to get National llss rules that was tried a few years ago. The man that tried it made a VALIANT effort, The problem was the ones that didn't want to agree with him ruined his attempt.

Re: National 9500 Hot Farm Rules July 02, 2021 12:16AM
To put it mildly. What Ed and I learned is that ultimately, if a class is super healthy on a regional basis, guys won't travel and no amount of money or supposed prestige can make them do it. No puller is that as a day-job. So time close to home matters. On one level, it's disappointing, but as one who moves a lot (and I DO love it) I get it.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM