names July 26, 2021 09:37AM
Does it bother anyone else when people can not come up with a original name for their tractors. You would think they would do a little research or want to be original.

Re: names July 26, 2021 11:53AM
I'm more bothered that (almost) all street diesel trucks can be is Cummins-powered trucks, that (almost) all Pro Stock Tractors have John Deere blocks. Those things bother me more than a name being used more than once.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: names July 26, 2021 03:04PM
John,

I'm with you, those aspects of our sport bother me much more too, but I do agree with the original poster as well. If I was naming a vehicle I'd probably do my research and make sure it wasn't already used at a high level. Obviously you can't know the name of every tractor out there at every level, but I wouldn't name my tractor "The Red Fox" (my son's favorite tractor) even if I pulled in a different class because I feel like the Horst family has earned the right to keep that name unique to them. I know imitation is the highest form of flattery but I couldn't use that same name out of respect. There are ton's of others out there that are legendary and to copy them would just feel weird.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: names July 27, 2021 04:11AM
Coming up with an unique name isn't easy. Sometimes when you come up with the perfect name, you learn someone else already came up with it.

Re: names July 26, 2021 12:23PM
Just once I'd like to see a JD with "John" in the name instead of lDeere, green or buck.

Re: names July 26, 2021 01:09PM
The driver of Johnny B Good JD is on Let's Grow Pulling right now...

CP

Re: names July 26, 2021 01:15PM
There was Hildenbrands Slow Walkin John.

Re: names July 26, 2021 01:26PM
There's a Super Farm that runs FPP called "Smokin John." Tough tractor too

Re: names July 27, 2021 03:05PM
It’s a Limited Pro/Mod Turbo, but you are correct about the Smokin’ John, owned by the Ferringers

Re: names July 26, 2021 05:37PM
That was the hardest part of naming our tractor. Spent over a year trying to come up with a name that wasn't taken. Finally ended up with the "Time Maker". And I'll guarantee you one thing. It has not lived up to its name of making time lol.

Re: names July 26, 2021 06:26PM
Just wondering the story behind John Hoffmans second tractors unique name?

Re: names July 27, 2021 12:50AM
On a positive vehicle naming note, I love it when multi vehicle teams have names that play off one another. For example Peissig’s new mini rod “Fallout” is a perfect name. Great paint scheme as well.

Re: names July 27, 2021 01:38AM
Don't forget to add the "Russian Collusion" tie into it lol

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: names July 27, 2021 03:28AM
there is even a pulling club in new york that is called outlaws,,now that original. could find annother name or they dont know anything about the pulling world

Re: names July 27, 2021 03:56AM
David b exactly

Re: The best name ever on a tractor July 27, 2021 02:16PM
Since names were brought up who would have the most favorite named tractor; My first choice would be Farm Boys Fantasy loved that name nothing could ever be more true for a young farm boy at the county fair ,Guess since im lawn mower pulling now Lawn boys fantasy could work LOL

Re: The best name ever on a tractor July 28, 2021 02:15AM
favorite named tractor = "Boom-boom". Or "Solid Junk". Which is one and the same famed tractor. Ron Perry's M-M G-1000, made famous by Dave Stangle.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard