JD Syncro Gear Ratios October 07, 2013 12:44PM
What are the gear ratios for a syncro tranny? Looking to put a billet 3 or 4 speed in and need to know where to start. Anyone care to share what ratios work for them? Tractor is a 4430 with an atlas pedal slipper with 540 ci. Most tracks are power tracks

Thanks

Re: JD Syncro Gear Ratios October 09, 2013 12:10PM
Just curious, Im building a 4430 also, hows the atlas? did you do it yourself? was yours originally a quad? I think J&R will have your ratio answers.

Re: JD Syncro Gear Ratios October 11, 2013 09:56AM
The atlas seems to work good, haven't had any slip issues with it. Setup was a little tedious getting the stands to the correct measurement but not difficult. My 4430 had a syncro tranny and since I've had the motor back from REI it just cranks out to much horse and keeps breaking the 8th gear shift collar. Plus I need some different gearing.

Re: JD Syncro Gear Ratios October 12, 2013 03:01AM
A 4430 in 8th gear is 21.9:1 Do you mean it is breaking the shift collar on the pinion shaft (bottom shaft)? Normally it breaks the high range pinion up on the top shaft. Does it run 8th gear ok as long as nothing breaks?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard