Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 01, 2013 03:04PM
Are there any indoor pulls over the winter that would have a "farm stock or altered farm" class?

Obviously a long shot but we are changing a few things this fall and would like to try it out as soon as we can.

Never hurts to ask anyway, thanks in advance!!

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 04:23AM
Would be fun to get to make a pass in the winter indoors, but most people don't consider Farm Stock a class, but some people have to start somewhere.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 07:52AM
Would love to see them have some indoor pulls with farm stock classes. We're making changes as well & would like to see what we need to do or where we're at. I bet they would have the farm stock tractors there. I heard that they don't because we smoke so much & some places don't have smoke tubes but I've seen others that smoke a lot & run indoor. I don't know. Good idea though. Hope somebody decides to add farm stock classes.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 08:02AM
Sorry but they have to pay the bills. Crowds pay the bills. Crowds want to see ACTION!

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 09:09AM
I thought pulling was pulling farm stock or not. We go as fast or faster than the NA classes and Classic mods but I guess we a lower than the Super Farm tractors and are not considered as pullers at all.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 10, 2013 05:37AM
you need to get lost than , you don't have anything in the rules and are a waste of time

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 09:16AM
Besides we are not talking about a full show of farm stock tractors, just one class.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 10:13AM
I have seen some farm stock tractors run up that track 20 - 25mph & to me that's nothing to snuff at. I have seen some literally get radical coming off the line. I was at Temple Hill earlier this year & that young man driving that farm stock tractor really put on a show coming off that line a little hairy & wheel standing. Kudos to the young man for a great job driving. Enjoyed watching that one. Plus, we're only asking for one class like Mr. Farm Stock asked. Like a 10 or 10,5 class.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 02:11PM
Twenty to twenty five mph is not FARMSTOCK. A true farmstock 1066 will choke every time in high 2 at 10 to 12000lbs. That is stock turbo, injectors, and pump.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 11:26AM
A farm stock class my not be the most popular class with all of the crowd basically the younger people , but there are a lot of farmers that go to the pulls and still have a 1066, 1466 or 4320, 4430 that they still use everyday and these tractors are closer to what they have at home. Besides if someone doesn't like the class they can use the restroom or stand in line to get something to eat.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 11:57AM
Where are you from may know a place in Ohio we could work with

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 12:10PM
I live over 500 miles from Ohio, Gordyville would be a nice place to pull at.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 05:10PM
I'm sure Klint will drop the 10 Pros and make room for a true farm stock class.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 06, 2013 01:22PM
I'm sure the farm stock class would be more interesting than the small block hot rod class they run at gordyville

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 07, 2013 02:03PM
Around here, farm stockers are running 25+ mph, BUT must have roll bar, steel flywheel, blanket, and tie bars. No, it's not what I would call farm stock, but at least it's safe. I would still be in the class if it wouldn't have gotten so crazy, but majority rules.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 07, 2013 02:50PM
I think that your focussing too much on the name "farm stock." How about calling them " too hot to farm" or "altered farm" basically a under or at 3000 rpm, 3lm, and uncut tire class is a food place to start. This type of class has and will keep people in the stands. This is the type of tractor that most people can relate too, and will go in the pits and talk to the driver and crew. Any and all pullers like nothing more than to talk about there tractor. All people do like power noise and to be entertained, these tractors are capable of doing that. They are something different and will stand out from the supers and pro's.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 08, 2013 08:03AM
I totally agree with you that the name of the class is misleading. We have ran into this same thing over and over for all that years that we have been pulling. People totally overlook the actual rules of the class and focus on the name alone, and then complain when their bone stock 4020 JD, 806 IH, or 8000 Ford gets beat by a tractor that fits the rules of the class exactly. The name really needs to be changed to get rid of a lot of the arguments.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 07, 2013 03:08PM
Running 20-25 mph you have to making 800 to 1000 horsepower.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 08, 2013 03:17AM
That's not necessarily true either , a good sled operator can let the lower horsepower classes get up and run and look good, and still stop them

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 08, 2013 03:22AM
A true farm stock 1066 what does it run down the road in High 4 20 to 25 mph depending on tire size. So it would never get it off the the line in high 4 no matter what sled setting is.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 08, 2013 05:20AM
I agree, I'm not arguing that a true farm stock 1066 won't get off the line and run 20 to 25 mph cause your talking around 120 hp. Just saying a tractor doesn't have to have even close to 800 hp to pull 20 mph if the sled operator wants to let them get up and run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 05:21AM by limproinmo.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 11, 2013 04:42AM
I have pulled different horsepower tractors on my sled and have been able to let the guys put a good show on. One guy that pulls regular is about half compared to the other guys but I can set it so he spins his tires off without bringing him under the turbo. Pretty simple, let the box do the work, and put the hydraulics on nice and easy where I want him to stop. The big horsepower boys, we'll the box only does so much before ya need to slow them down. Simply run high pressure with slow flow and stop them where ya want without "slamming" them. I've seen a lot of sleds just straight up drop the anchor and I don't believe in that when it comes to farm stock/altered farms. Each sled is different along with the operators. I like the crowd to see what the guys can do with their machines but not try to break the tractors to stop them lol. I've pulled tractors many years and i see both sides of it now. Hoping to hook some more big tractors next year and let the guys blow the smoke and throw the dirt.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 05, 2013 10:26PM
Like I said Farm Stock is considered the scum of the earth.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 06, 2013 12:53AM
Knew when this thread started it would be bash bash bash. Keyboard pullers get way excited when they see word farm stock. I just keep mine in the shed til spring. Not worth hearing all the bs.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 06, 2013 02:34PM
Have to agree with 'for sure'. I would rather watch bone stock Hs, Ms, Rs, Gs anything but those. Sorry

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 07, 2013 12:12AM
Most people see farm stock and think antique and we pull in plow gear, we may not be as flashy as the super or pro stock or have the wheel speed, power or make as much fire or noise, but a properly prepared farm stock will go 15-20 mph and make a lot of smoke, but will not see it indoors, but most of the people that have them are as proud of their tractors as the super or pro stock people. We would like to have a hook somewhere like Gordyville not on sat night with the finals but maybe on Thursday as the first class or on the first night.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 07, 2013 01:25AM
Again if it's running 15-20 mph it's not a "farm stock". One of these day the farm stocks are going to kill somebody. If there running that fast they need all of the safety equipment. Especially to protect the spectators. A "farm stock" should have a speed limit it's a stock class. Most of the pulls with this class has little or no safety equipment. No promoter will put that class indoors with tight spaces around the track and risk one of them flying apart. The farm stock, street truck classes and, antique pulls are the most dangerous to be around. Seen wheel weights and drive shafts plus many other parts roll into the stands. Seen tractor this summer lose about 5 wheel weights and roll down a hill and luckily didn't hit anybody.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 07, 2013 03:09AM
Very true words thinker but like I said a properly prepared farm stock tractor.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 09, 2013 03:34AM
Wow 20 some post and no one answered the origonal Question
Union co. Sturgis Ky,,,, middle March

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 09, 2013 05:16AM
hogtown puller; Could send me some info and contacts on this pull. e-mail terry@henrycountysupply.com Thanks

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 09, 2013 06:30AM
Union County Fair & Expo Center

Up Coming Events

Redneck Rumble - Tickets

Calendar of Events

Fair Info

Facilities Home Page

Directions

Motels

Contact Us

Upcoming Events

Every Monday Night Bingo Doors Open at 5:00 Early Bird 6:30 Regular 7:00

November 9 Sturgis Little League Banquet

November 23 Fun Horse Show

December 7 Sturgis Fire Department Christmas Party

December 7 River View Coal Saturday with Santa

December 14 Steve Nace Flat Track Race

January 11, 2014 Fun Horse Show

January 25, 2014 Redneck Rumble Indoor Derby

February 6th - 8th National Quarter Scale Pull and Banquet

March 15 Indoor Truck and Tractor Pull

EVENT CONTACTS:

Fair Office: 270-333-4107
Fax: 270-333-5646

Email: info@ucfairexpo.com

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 09, 2013 11:41AM
these are altered farm tractor classes at sturgis. your henry county deeres arent gonna be welcome there because u dont fit the rules and u run no safety equipment. please stay home . if you dont welcome anyone to ur pulls at henry co u darn sure ought to not show up here. nuff said. period.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 09, 2013 12:20PM
What classes will be running down at Sturgis? Would like to pull if possible.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 11, 2013 01:33PM
that guy
these are altered farm tractor classes at sturgis. your henry county deeres arent gonna be welcome there because u dont fit the rules and u run no safety equipment. please stay home . if you dont welcome anyone to ur pulls at henry co u darn sure ought to not show up here. nuff said. period.
Cry baby Jackass Henry county welcomes anybody that fit the rules and the Deere's have nothing to do with who pulls and who does not . That is up to the officials running the pull

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 11, 2013 01:58PM
ok, then how many tractors from indiana and ur surrounding counties pull with you henry county poosy"s? bet your gonna say none. hmmmmmm, maybe because u run them off before they ever unload... now whos the cry baby

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 12, 2013 04:39AM
hoosier deere
ok, then how many tractors from indiana and ur surrounding counties pull with you henry county poosy"s? bet your gonna say none. hmmmmmm, maybe because u run them off before they ever unload... now whos the cry baby
You are a complete jacka-- . If you fit the rules you can pull with us. You don't run a Prostock tractor in a Superfarm class. So if you have 3'' turbo or no lift arms and no PTO then no you can not run with us. Most Indiana farm stocks are altered farm anyway with no rules so quit being a whinny little bit-h. I would really like to have this conversation with you face to face and then I bet you would not be such a smart-ss

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 12, 2013 02:34PM
ok shaun, no need to get all mad and bent out of shape. just remember, u make ur own rules for the henry boys, and they can change the nite of the pull. guys that get all defensive and bent out of shape like you have in the past posts(idiot), you begin to look a little suspicious. haha jus sayin

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 12, 2013 11:25PM
Ok oscar the grouch Think you need to dig a little deeper I put my name on all my post. Be a man and try it yourself. We are having a meeting dec 1 @ 2:00 Henry co 4-h building ( fair grounds) if for some chance you even have a tractor your more then welcome. If not they make apps for people like you.

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 13, 2013 10:27AM
Glad to hear about this meeting, I thought someone was going to call, text or email this to the pullers?

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 12, 2013 01:34AM
A lot of fairgrounds want the business of renting out their facilities , but it gets to be a lot of bs with the smoke

Re: Winter/Indoor Farm Stock Hooks?? November 13, 2013 01:58PM
Just for clarification--I am not the one posting about the Henry Co guys. I plan on pulling with them if they come back to our town in the open hot farm, if they have it. Not sure why I got dragged into this, but here's my post. Not me. THANKS MORGANS.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,746, Posts: 229,888, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM