Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 03, 2013 04:21AM
Whats the best oil to use Lucas, Shafer, Cenpeco, or other? Which is the most economical, most passes per dollar. I have heard of cooking off the water, does this work?

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 03, 2013 05:57AM
Used schaffers 50wieght for alcohol engines cooked the oil every couple passes used the same 5 gallons all year adding some over the season looked new after twenty passes bearings looked good no failures all year because of oil

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 03, 2013 07:50AM
We also use schaffers 50w oil and it works great! I think it's the 7000series oil that they recamend for alcohol engines.

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 04, 2013 02:41AM
we use schafers 50w or brad penn 20-50. boil the alcohol out every couple passes. both work great!!

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 04, 2013 03:49AM
How long does it take to boil the alcohol out? What are you using to filter the oil?

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 05, 2013 11:28PM
I boil mine at 175 for three hours then one hour at 225. I dont want it above 225 I think it can stress the oil a bit too much. I have 30 gallons of oil that I use all year and keep rotating it in and out. Seems to work very well. I use a large electric programmable 30 quart turkey roaster to boil it. Much safer than a propane cooker. Bought it from walmart for $100.00.

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 05, 2013 05:12AM
Valvoline 20-50 vr1 racing oil. Used by more top diesels and alky tractors than most might think. You can get it most anywhere

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 04, 2013 10:54AM
A turkey cooker works slick, heat to about 240 not much hotter. it will really stir at first but when it quits stiring or boiling it will calm down and hardly make a bubble. The oil will look brand new agian. If you can still smell alchohol its not done. you will only smell the oil when its done.

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 04, 2013 12:07PM
How about a roaster pan? may be easier to control the temp. Looks like Shafers is the way to go?

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 05, 2013 05:05AM
we do the same as wld4x4.

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 06, 2013 04:12AM
How does the alcohol end up in the oil? Trough ring blowby?

Does this explain why Alky's seem to explode more than the dsl do?

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Engine oil for alcohol tractor November 06, 2013 09:09AM
All of the milkyness is not all alcohol, some of it is actually moisture caused by a large amount of fuel cooling the air going in the hot motor and making the inside of the crankcase swet. The oil pump mixes the two together and the oil is so thick it wount let them seperate unless it sets a couple of days.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro