Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 01:10AM
Now that people has come on and said things about the Super Farm class i want to know this

1 Whats wrong with the class????

2 What can be done to improve the class?????

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 04:10AM
There is NOTHING wrong with the class. In my opinion, next to Pro Stock, Super Farm is the best class out there.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 04:56AM
Pull at a lighter weight . They look like farm stock tractors at louisville. 90% couldn't spin out at the end of there pull.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 05:03AM
what they need to do is run ppl rules and then you can see them spin out!

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 08:27AM
I disagree. i like to see a power show. if i want to see who can go the fastest, i'll go to the drag strip

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 12:27PM
I think they would be a better show and more color at about 8500 lb, 540 ci, and a larger turbo

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 01:01PM
i agree with the last two guys. smaller cubes, bigger trubo and if i wanted to see a race i'd go to the drag strip.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 05, 2009 02:16PM
To answer the original post, I think what most people percieve as the problems with superfarm are #1 the lack of ground speed and #2 the inability to spin the tires in at the end. Now, as I said in my earlier post, I believe both of these percieved problems could be eliminated by droping some weight from the class. A lot of the time, this class seems to have tires stop, and chirp the turbo at the end of a run. I would like to see the class lose 500-800 lbs of weight and try to compete there for a season. They may be able to hook the gear they are all trying to run if this was adopted. Also, it may cause some balance issues, making for some more interesting runs. Similar to the NASCAR effect. Unfortunately spectators come to see some carnage. While I am not wishing wild runs or breakage on anyone, Slightly squirlier runs make for intersting entertainment, similar to people showing up at a NASCAR race to see who crashes and hits the wall. Light weight, high speed and good horse power seem to be a good combination for entertainment in the light super division. As for the guys that don't want to see a drag race, I would like to know what you think you have been watching in pulling for the last 10-15 years, with the advent of the pan on the sled dropping, that is what pulling has pretty well turned into. which is exactly why you see the super farm class all trying to run a cog higher than what they can horse. They have to make ground speed before the pan drops, and they coast to a stop. Every class is a drag race any more, right down to your little old antique classes.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 09:28AM
I agree with your percieved problems. Because of the last part about the run & hammer sleds though, I don't think dropping the 500-800 lbs will make any difference though. Everyone will just gear up more to get more speed & still choke them. I think a better alternative might be 18.4 or 20.8 tires, but they may just gear up more or leave more lug on the tire.

I really think the only solution is to change the way sleds operate & good luck on that one.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 11:56PM
SUPER FARM IS A NICE CLASS MOST GUYS CAN'T AFFORD TO BUILD A PRO STOCK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 12:02AM by razorsedge.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 11:59PM
SUPER FARM IS A GOOD CLASS IT JUST NEEDS A FEW LITTLE CHANGES. DEFINETLY GET RID OF THE STOCK INTAKE AND EXHAUST MANIFOLDS THEY WERE MADE TO PLOW FIELDS AT 1800-2000 RPM YOU DO THE MATH IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, POSSIBLY CHANGE THE CHARGER A LITTLE BIT AND ALSO THE CUBES SOME.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 05:26AM
Super Farm should be a state level class only. That should be a beginning class for those just starting out. cheap entry class not a region or national level class. to pull on the regional level should be a pro or super stock class. Super farm has priced itself out of being an entry class even with the turbo limits. Pulling needed limits 20 years ago with the mod, super stock, twd and mini class. should be 3 distinct levels of pulling just like nascar and dirt track racing. super farm is a great class for a county fair or local pull. set sled correctly and should be good show. should not be a grand national class.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 10:15AM
Wow that a bold statement Superfarm should be a grand national class as it is. It is the largest class in the country. Say what you want but at the end of the day you are as your name says pull fan! Not puller.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 03:04PM
well, the problem with the class is there isn't enough HP for the weight of the class. if they would bring the weight down to say 8000 lbs, that would be a very awsome class. this would allow the tractors to turn more RPM down the track, then spin out. that would be more fun to watch, would you not agree?

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 03:13PM
You seem to miss the point , when running a limited intake and exhaust , you can only make so much horse and torque and no matter what weight is ran , they pullers will still run one cog too high and try to make as much speed as possible. Personally, leave the class alone, they do put on a good show and is really affordable for those who want to get out of the "brush" scene.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 06, 2009 04:07PM
If a class gets booked or not is up to the promoter, and he listens to the fans!

Crowd reaction to a class speaks volumes. Just ask your vendors.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 12:07AM
SUPER FARM IS A GOOD CLASS IT JUST NEEDS A FEW LITTLE CHANGES DEFINETLY GET RID OF THE STOCK INTAKE AND EXHAUST MANIFOLDS THEY WERE MADE TO PLOW FIELDS AT 1800-2000 RPM YOU DO THE MATH IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO GET THE AIR IN AND OUT BUT WITH THAT RESTRICTION IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 12:14AM
The stock intake and exhaust manifolds woild not be so much an isssue if the cubes we not so big those stok parts were not intended to flow that much air. Leave the class as it is.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 02:40AM
I dont see any thing wrong with the class. What is a ground speed for this class?

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 04:31AM
At Freeport a couple years ago we had the sheriffs dept. speed wagon set up beside the track. Average speed for SF was 26-27 mph. A couple made it to 28 briefly. The top speed for all classes was the ULSS at 34 mph. Now this is where it gets a little fuzzy. I think PS was in the 30-32 mph range. Mods were even slower, because Bauer couldn't let them get up and run because of lack of sled weight.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 05:05AM
If you want to see Super Farm ground speed check out Region II Findlay, OH on UTube

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 05:27AM
I was at a pull a couple of years ago where they shot radar on the tractor. The super farms ran within 2 miles an hour of the pro stocks. They are fun to whatch and they always bring good numbers, leave the class alone. If you want to run lighter, or smaller cubes there is a class for that its called Light super stock. Also lets see how this limited pro stock deal works out before we get to eager to change everything.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 06:18AM
A smaller cube, lighter weight, bigger turbo class would be a great asset for sanctioned pulling. Because of the creation of the 4.1, 640 LPro class, now is the time for the SF division to change their rules and become that class. If they would be willing to do that, it would secure their future in the sport at the national level. If they're not interested in being that class, THAT'S FINE. Don't make them change. However, the new LPro class and the possible creation of a small cube, light weight, bigger charger class might put their future in jeopardy (at least at the national level).

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 12:07PM
Our group of SF run between 23 to 28 mph depending on track conditions. We have a good time
and put on a good show .Our mph dont sound too far off from others.Could not find Finley Ohio
on utube.I dont mind using national rules ,NTPA that is ,It keeps everyone on the same page.
But as far as going to the national level thats not for everyone, The SF class is fine the way it is.
At least in our state it is.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 08, 2009 01:02AM
Region 2 superfarm findlay ohio on youtube

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 09, 2009 12:28AM
I would like to see all the super farm guys go to the limeted prostock class and then start a real super farm class, how can a class be a starter class if you have 640 cubic inchs and class that super farm the new super farm class should be around 500 inchs and 8ooo pounds.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 12:42PM
How dare you use the bauer name in a sense that he didn't have enough weight to set up his sled correct,they are perfect and if you don't beleive it just ask any one of the bauer team

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 07, 2009 02:25PM
Get Bauers a DOT weight exemption, and we'd have a faster mod class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 02:28PM by Smokey.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 08, 2009 01:55AM
You are stupid as a rock!!!! Manifolds? You call yourself razor more like a blunt edge.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 09, 2009 01:52AM
If PPL offered another smoke class with more power, well you can guess what gets booked.
Most shows do not have the time or money to add a class without dropping one.

Re: Super farm whats wrong and what to do to fix it?????? March 09, 2009 06:14AM
IF it's not Heavy Supers your whining about its Super Farmers.. i guess you cant make everyone happy.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009