Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 06, 2013 10:18AM
A new video featuring two of our family members. "Scooter" Scott Burkhart's "Git-R-Done" Pro Farm, and Tom Venhuizen's Mechanical Mule. Way to go, guys. Here's a link... [www.youtube.com]

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 06, 2013 01:43PM
Aint no AC/DC Scott n Tom went goofy

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 06, 2013 02:51PM
I kept waiting for there to be a catchy part to song or something, but it just never developed into anything that I would want to listen to, It's hard to believe that is considered music.

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 06, 2013 03:19PM
I listen to Sirius Alt Nation all the time and hear these guys, never would have guessed they had tractor pulling connections, especially with a tractor I see pull when I jump the river and a sled I've pulled numerous times. Neat deal regardless.

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 06, 2013 04:48PM
PullerKY
I kept waiting for there to be a catchy part to song or something, but it just never developed into anything that I would want to listen to, It's hard to believe that is considered music.

If you find it hard to believe that THAT song is music, then I'd love to know what your thoughts about some of the "renegades" (my word choice) of music, like Philip Glass ( [www.youtube.com] ) or even John Cage ( [www.youtube.com] ) There's really no set guideline for what can (or should) be considered music.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 06, 2013 11:56PM
Just glad to finally see a video with tractors/farm equipment and you don't have to listen to that horrible, scratchy, nasally country garbage in the background! Smiling

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 07, 2013 05:31AM
That sure seems a lot more like some type of abstract art than music, especially the second one you linked to. I enjoy music of almost all genres, but it must at least have a rhythm or type of sound that is appealing to me. I understand that those are technically classified as music, although it's a very loose definition. I do have my doubts how the second video you linked falls into the category of music, it more or an artistic expression, which is the broader category that music fits into.

mu·sic noun, often attributive \ˈmyü-zik\
: sounds that are sung by voices or played on musical instruments

: written or printed symbols showing how music should be played or sung

: the art or skill of creating or performing music

Cited from Merriam Webster

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 07, 2013 05:34AM
EDIT: it's more of an artistic expression, which is the broader category that music fits into.\

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 07, 2013 11:35AM
The D-21 and the IH pulling was interesting enough. Beyond that, Nope! The guys and then the gals all looked like they were upset about something and ready to pounce on anyone that may come along.
That dame a year ago with Young Blood and the Rattler looked like a stuck up dried out nose in the air prune. If she had smiled and truly showed her side that she is human and reflecting happiness to have truly showed off her beauty, then it would have changed my attitude of the whole video. Basically the same here.

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 08, 2013 12:59AM
who cares what kind of music it is? it's exposing us to a totally different crowd that probably has never been to or seen a tractor pull. too many of us were raised with ag. backgrounds and are shocked to see there's something other than country music out there. this is good for the sport. I wish they'd have watered the track, but made for a bigger "show" in the video.

Re: Arctic Monkeys "One For The Road" November 08, 2013 12:21PM
Cool video and a catchy tune. I searched some of their other stuff and I like it, and that's coming from a dedicated metal guy. Lol. "Who cares" is right, pulling has just been exposed to whole new crowd. Where are these guys from and what is their connection to ag and pulling?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009