Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 09, 2013 04:44PM
Since I would guess a large number of pullers are self employed or small business owners, are there any pullers who are being impacted by the Affordable Care Act?

If yes, will it cause you to rethink whether you can afford to pull?

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 09, 2013 05:58PM
Yup, It got cheaper with better coverage. Also they cant take my house or business.

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 09, 2013 10:03PM
$2700 higher deductible, premiums will be doubled. But I can rest easy knowing I have maternity coverage now for my 57 year old wife and I, as well as pediatric dental care for my kids who are too old to qualify to use it. Might need the mental health and alcohol abuse part, cause this guy is either going to drive me crazy or make me start drinking.

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 10, 2013 12:41AM
That was awesome!!!!!!!!

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 10, 2013 01:55AM
well my dismemberment plan wasn't good enough so it got canceled, now I can get a plan that has prenatal care at a cost of quadruple my old rate and double the deductible, I really need that pediactric and prenatal plus long term maternity as a single white male and it doesn't look like i will qualify for anything but a grave plot.

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 10, 2013 04:04AM
Not small business.. But our deductible when up $200 and Copay went up $2000 starting Jan 1...

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 10, 2013 01:17PM
cost, deduductible, and copay went way up as of 01/01/14. Oh well I was told my cost was going to go down, it did not, but my income sure has Eye Rollingso I got that going for me

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 10, 2013 10:08PM
Yup I am loosing my coverage as of the first. Went to switch an Dean said to go woth oboma care cause there is no waiting peirod. The price difference was 150you bucks more per month a 5 dollar higher copay. I was told the plan by 2015the would more than likely double to 1400you a month. I'm only 27class and the wife is 25. We also have a 1day year old that we have to carry maternity on.

Re: Have any pullers been affected by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)? November 10, 2013 04:15PM
I didn't vote for Obama. I don't agree with the Affordable Care Act.

I have purchased my own insurance for the last 4-5 years. It sucks.

I purchase 2 policies because of pre existing conditions in my family. Me and my kids go for about $250. per month.

My wife who is perfectly healthy, but on maintenance meds $750. per month.

We both have high deductibles and high out of pocket expenses. With these out of pocket expenses plus premiums right at $2000.00 per month.

Her policy has been cancelled effective Jan 1. My policy (and probably everyone else's) will be cancelled at the end of next year. (5% is complete BS).

I have been to the website and couldn't get on. Our local BCBS has given me rates, deductibles, etc.

We will remain at the current expense level of $2000 per month for our family with premium and out of pocket.

It is all about gambling on your out of pocket. Human nature will bet low on the out of pocket and default on the bills.

This system is destined to fail miserably.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520