Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 21, 2013 12:00PM
Saw on there website that they had a needled diff for $340...I was just curious if anyone has ever used it and how it held up...I am building a 9,000 altered farm...any suggestion is appreciated

Thanks

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 21, 2013 02:28PM
$340 gets the spiders machined and new bearings, but not the bronze washers.

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 21, 2013 09:48PM
Is the bronze washers a must? I am only going to be running 6% over road gear....There is a big price difference in Beckett machine and Mets...What are your suggestions

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 22, 2013 03:11AM
My expeience is you will not go wrong at Beckett Machine. If he does it, he does it right. Don't know anything about Met's one way or the other, but I would not do it without the washers. Just 1 opinion.

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 22, 2013 03:50AM
SPEND THE MONEY HAVE IT ALL DONE. BILLET CROSS AND SIDE GEARS

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 22, 2013 04:00AM
Just have the best do It and be done with it ENGLER

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 22, 2013 07:59AM
Yes I have talked to numerous people today and all have had the same story..I will spend the extra money and put the bronze washers...talked to Karl up at Atlas and he has been very helpful. Thanks to all who replied and save me some extra work in a year or two..ha ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2013 01:36PM by smithcl7.

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 22, 2013 11:09AM
Why not send it to karl then? Hes more than capable

Re: Mets Machine Shop-IH needled diff November 22, 2013 11:48AM
I am...Karl is sending me a differential when he finishes one...then I am sending him mine back for core

Call Karl at Atlas November 22, 2013 11:55AM
Butch at Metz is a fantastic guy, and does my crankshaft work. When it comes to differentials, you WILL NOT beat Karl @ Atlas. You will love his billit carrier, and his price is so low its dang near criminal. Get a billit from Karl, and roll trouble free for ever.

Re: Call Karl at Atlas November 22, 2013 01:10PM
You wont have no trouble for a year or two it could be that long befor you get the parts from Carl

Re: Call Karl at Atlas November 22, 2013 02:47PM
If you tell Karl that he has time to get a job done, he will take all the time he can get away with. If you call him and tell him that he is out of time, and parts are needed, you will have them. I dont know of any other way to stay alive in this business. Excellent parts at a better than fair price tend to fill up a machinist's dance card rather quickly. Just my opinion, but I will continue to bet on the guy.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009