Power pull nationals June 17, 2022 01:43PM
I have to first say I love pulling and everything about it and I have attended this pull many times before, however I am so far (the pull is still going on) disappointed with my experience here, low hook numbers ( not really anyones fault) combined with the very slow speed at which the show is progressing (15 hooks in 1.5 hours) the track conditions on the south side mostly having the tractors pull along huge piles of dirt and although a minor thing the concessions are just too damn expensive for the quality I don’t think I’ve paid $5 for a 12oz beer anywhere and yes I realize things are getting expensive but all said and done I have a feeling I’m going to go home way later than needed with a bad taste in my mouth with hopes that Tomah will be a huge improvement over this.

Re: Power pull nationals June 17, 2022 03:29PM
That pull always drags on. 4+ hours for 50 hooks on 2 tracks is ridiculous. I've been to pulls that have over 80 hooks and are done in 3 hours.

_ June 17, 2022 05:29PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2022 02:43AM by NewGen4010.

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 01:43AM
Get used to low hook numbers this year, if it isn't fuel at $5+ a gallon, it's parts are impossible to get.
They will tell you that a part will ship in June but June of what year 2022 0r 2023?

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 01:58AM
I can certainly understand the reasons for being short on hooks this year, what I can’t fathom is why it takes over 4 1/2 hours to get the 55 hooks down 2 tracks, I am definitely thankful for that one’s that were able to and chose to come but having driven over three hours to watch the pull i would have favored going home earlier instead of dragging it out to inflate it into something it just simply isn’t but after all inflation seems to be the name of the game these days and since it was in Minnesota I shouldn’t be surprised.

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 05:01AM
If you speed the show up, that lessons the amount of time fans are there to buy beer and overpriced hot dogs. It’s part of a plan to make money.

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 05:17AM
Yes it’s very obvious to everyone they keep you there to take your money.

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 08:04AM
So by my calculation, 55 hooks on 2 tracks translates just under 10 minutes between hooks. That's terrible, no wonder fans are turned off by dragging out the show. That's 30 seconds of action and 600 seconds of nothing. Just because the turnout of vehicles is low does not help the show by taking 10 minutes per hook.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 02:36AM
I started watching the live stream and quit after 4 or 5 tractors, 5-6 minutes between hooks is ridiculous! I’ll just watch later when I can fast forward through it! Other than that it was as good as could be expected during these conditions the government has put us in!

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 11:08AM
MG1206
I started watching the live stream and quit after 4 or 5 tractors, 5-6 minutes between hooks is ridiculous! I’ll just watch later when I can fast forward through it! Other than that it was as good as could be expected during these conditions the government has put us in!

No balls Walz = Minnescrotum.

Re: Power pull nationals June 18, 2022 12:00PM
Very hard to understand the drug out Bullshi** time wasted, many poor hooks, about 1/3 were ok, tracks got better. In fair view of food cost, 5 dollar mini donuts and hamburgers was not out of line. Dirt piled in front of the pan was as usual for Hutch.

If anyone was there? June 19, 2022 12:30AM
What time did the pull get done Friday and Saturday?

If anyone was there, what did you see that caused such a slow show?

Re: If anyone was there? June 19, 2022 01:02AM
i was there Friday night. there was a delay because of a medical emergency during the show. that delay was about 20 minutes. they also took a 10 minute intermission. i live 30 minutes from hutch and got home at 1 am. i have been to every pull at hutch. i cant remember a time that the show ran this late in recent memory. the show should have been over by 11. low numbers are defiantly a problem. Hutch is the farthest west grand national pull and it showed this weekend. I don't think that most teams are chasing points any more. i think most pull for the joy. Driving 10 hours at 5.50 diesel is no joy. GrinningBeer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,765, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason