riverside engines November 26, 2013 10:26AM
looking for input -opinions on riverside engines. parts ,,cylinder head work,?

Re: riverside engines November 26, 2013 11:36AM
I have their sleeves,fire rings and head gasket in my engine. Great parts and quick to get them here.

Re: riverside engines November 26, 2013 12:05PM
You won't find anyone better.

Re: riverside engines November 26, 2013 11:57PM
Phil at riverside is very knowledgeable. He will tell you what you need to or don't need to do. Has fast turn around and great product. Had sleeves cut, running his rings and cam. everything works great

Re: riverside engines November 27, 2013 01:56AM
his prostock motors are good..wont give u 2 cents for his super farm motors waste of good money

Re: riverside engines November 27, 2013 03:59AM
what prostock motors does he have left? the list sounds pretty short anymore

Re: riverside engines November 28, 2013 01:42AM
Riverside does a great job with super farm motors, Phil works with us on super farm and pro stock motors, He help us win the Badger state points this year with the super farm motor.

Re: riverside engines November 28, 2013 02:15AM
do the boyds still run Riverside engines in their prostocks? I know they did before they got out the first time, didn't know what the new ones had.

Re: riverside engines November 28, 2013 02:26AM
I believe Boyds, Shorter, Wischmeier, Babler, and maybe even Boerson are all running Boyd engines.

Re: riverside engines December 02, 2013 08:42AM
Getting ready to send my OTR Cat motor down to him for a complete out of frame rebuild. The motor has ate 5 head gaskets and no shop has been able to figure out why. Many people suggested I talk to Phil and so far with my conversations I pretty sure sending it there is the right decision. I do appreciate the way he does business and has been up front with things so far.

Re: riverside engines December 03, 2013 02:29AM
What cat motor? 3406-c15's are known for ocational head gasket problems. Either need a thinner deck plate or cut the top of the block under the liners if its not true and run shims under the tops of the liners to make them protrude more to give a better headgasket crush.

Re: riverside engines December 04, 2013 02:00PM
can you build a competitive pro stock tractor for 150,000 these days.

Re: riverside engines December 04, 2013 02:11PM
no, not a competitive one. you could double that for a top of the line one.

Re: riverside engines December 04, 2013 03:22PM
How about a super stock?

Re: riverside engines December 13, 2013 10:14AM
The motor is a MXS ACERT. I've done a great deal of research on the ACERTs and from what I see once a head gasket goes it is prone to loose a lot more of them. With the excess cylinder temps and pressures they are a lot more susceptible to head gasket issues. I am waiting to hear back from Riverside on what they found during tear down, but I am guessing a warped (or factory machined wrong) deck and bad liner protrusion. The pistons are going to be milled down to drop the compression from 18:1 to at least 16:1 (maybe as low as 15:1). I've never had black streaks on the block. It has always blown the gasket out the black or compression into the coolant.

Re: riverside engines December 13, 2013 01:58PM
How many miles on it?

What is it a pulling truck or a work truck?

I sorry but it sounds like a bad case of lead foot syndrome. Usually a factory caused issue is detected long before an out of frame is required. That's unless the warranty was voided.

Re: riverside engines December 15, 2013 10:04AM
Total miles are 736,000 with a inframe done at 346,000 while it was down for a head gasket. It is a work truck that did see occasional(5)pulls within during the first 250,000 miles. I can testify that these gaskets weren't from "lead foot syndrome" since I am the only one that has ever driven the truck and boost and pyro never go over 45 psi and 1100* respectively. Two of the gaskets where from workmanship issues due to not checking liner protrusion in the other holes even when they were told to and I was billed for it. The other three have all blew the gasket out of the back of #6

Re: riverside engines December 04, 2013 08:13PM
It's been run with the liner's loose,,, rattling around in the counter bores. Hard to fix after a while. You can re-cut the counter bores and shim the liners but that only tightens it up in one dimension. Ever see black streaks running down the sides of the block? Loose liner.

Re: riverside engines December 15, 2013 05:18AM
Have three quotes from three engine builders, Riverside was the 2nd fastest delivery, first to get us prices,(on the first phone call) and first to call back with helpful info, some just did not call back, but three did. Yes Riverside has the best price on a full turnkey JD466 package. Judge me if you must this is not my Grandpa's money nor my Daddy's money this is my hard earned money and want to make the right move. Can anyone Please share with us your good or bad experiences with new engine builds.

Re: riverside engines December 15, 2013 08:26AM
What class?

Re: riverside engines December 15, 2013 10:48AM
Go with Riverside and you'll be satisfied !!! It's no ones business what you do with your money. As they say gett'er done and have fun!!

Re: riverside engines December 15, 2013 12:23PM
Some people are good at building engines. Some people are good at making money. Very few are good at both, Nobody in their right mind begrudges anybody hiring it done. I wouldn't worry about that. I had a new 4.1 engine built for me by what I think is the best shop out there (D & R ) and have been thrilled with it. I know several people running Riverside parts and they all like their parts and they all brag on Phil. You won't go wrong with quality parts and people. The ones who try to do it on the cheap end up spending the most money and have the most problems in the long haul. Good luck and we will see you on the track.

Re: riverside engines December 16, 2013 12:04AM
I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Phil been 100% satisfied! I run a 466 Deere and he has helped me greatly!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009