Has Anyone Removed a JD Sound Guard Cab November 30, 2013 11:18AM
Have a 4430 with whats left of the cab. (doors and roof where torch cut) This cab was one complete unit and installed as such at the factory?
Im guessing as I scrap the years of mud and grease that im going to have to cut the rest off? as I don't see any bolts or such where sections can be removed by other means. IF cutting is the answer is there anything of value that a should use care with? once removed I plan on installing open station parts to ease access to trans and such.

Re: Has Anyone Removed a JD Sound Guard Cab November 30, 2013 03:21PM
If you are going to use open station parts.. Just take the complete cab off?? Do you have the complete open operators station?

Re: Has Anyone Removed a JD Sound Guard Cab December 01, 2013 10:10AM
That's my plan. remove whats left of the cab and use open station parts ( which im in search of) My questions are cut it off in pieces? and is there anything worth saving?
The cab is not whole, its missing the roof and doors, now

Re: Has Anyone Removed a JD Sound Guard Cab December 01, 2013 01:42PM
I've never seen the parts you are talking about.. The open station was similar to what you have now.. But with out some of the frame work.. I think if you want to really cut the weight down.. You are going to take the cab off.. And build a plat form.. Save the complete steering column with the brakes and all.. And the right side shifter/throttle housing.. Buy a set of fenders from one off the aftermarket builders..
We have had a couple of guys just cut the tops of the cab off and fill the holes.. Trash everything else not needed..

Re: Has Anyone Removed a JD Sound Guard Cab December 01, 2013 02:45PM
Me an Sven hadda project like that a few years ago.
We used about 10 pounds of tannerite.
We do suggest you do this outside.
We did in Sven's new shop.
Now Sven has another new shop, but this one has a really nice pit in it!
We never did find the walk in door.

Re: Has Anyone Removed a JD Sound Guard Cab December 02, 2013 10:45AM
Damn it! I meant LMAO!

Re: Has Anyone Removed a JD Sound Guard Cab December 19, 2013 11:33AM
Anyone out there have a complete open station jd 4430? I am in search of platform.seat base and all covers around the seat. Fenders too. I believe other tractors will fit. 4230.4040 4240.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520