Nascar and Podcasts July 30, 2022 04:59AM
I have had drivers I cheer for in Nascar for over 20 years. I do not watch every race, in fact don't watch many of them. But I find myself following Nascar more now than 5-10 years ago. And it's not because of how great the racing is, it's because of content that gets posted online. In my opinion, Nascar has done a ton of things wrong in the last decade. Things like Nasar Radioactive on Youtube, Dale Jr's Dirty Mo Media, the Door, Bumper, Clear podcast, and others are providing content that is interesting to watch and keeps me engaged in Nascar. Is this a direction Pulling needs to push harder at. I think so. We can keep making tweaks to the shows, but will that ever be enough? Beer Money Pulling Team does their weekly podcast and feel they do a great job at it. They have had some interesting people on there and really cool interviews. Every body with the team deserves a lot of credit for the amount of content they put online. Thank you guys. But have we reached a point where a particular event needs to push the online portion as much as drawing people in? Yes, I do want to see more fans in the stands. I really do. And I know some events do livestreams and I think that is a good idea if you can make it happen. But would we have more fans if we were doing more things like Podcasts to recap a certain event. Use Bowling Green as an example, I would love to watch a podcast the week after the event talking about the high and lows of the event. Talk about the driver that shocked everyone and took the win. Talk about the guy who changed or rebuilt their motor in the pits in-between events. Things like that. Am I crazy, or is this something these big events need to start doing?

Re: Nascar and Podcasts July 31, 2022 08:31AM
Weekly summary of weekend events.
NTPAPULL.COM

Re: Nascar and Podcasts August 01, 2022 01:48AM
You are spot on with this one! Pulling needs more eyes on it however it can be accomplished. Whether it be a podcast recap, a behind the scenes look, an interview with the drivers/teams....just needs to be more of it. I to was a NASCAR fan at one time and have drifted away from it but recently started listening to the Dale Jr Dirty Mo podcast and love the content. They talk about current races, some of the behind the scenes stuff, the past, and everything in between (especially loved the "ingenuity" podcasts that they had with former crew chiefs and drivers - laughed hysterically driving down the interstate and would absolutely love to do something like that with pulling but I'm not sure anyone would ever talk about the "ingenuity" portion of pulling hahaha). But the side effect of listening to the Dale Jr podcasts is that I find myself paying more attention to the current NASCAR happenings more than I had been. Granted it is not at the level it used to be but its maybe a place to start. I recently made a drive to Houston TX and back in two days (about 24 hours of driving from where I am) and Dale Jr's podcast kept me entertained the whole way down and back. If there was more content like that about pulling I can guarantee you I would have been listening to it instead. As part of the Beer Money Team, we try to bring as much content as possible for the fans. And before you all start bashing us, yes we know some of it is hokey, corny, and sometimes annoying. We are not perfect but are really trying to get eyes on the sport. In the past it has been more of the on track kind of stuff but we are working to bring you more of the other stuff (Behind the Helmet series, This Is How We Roll series, driver interviews, etc.) so that fans can see some of the behind the scenes and get to maybe know some of the people in the sport. It's a work in progress but we would love to see more stuff like it from anywhere. We have more in the works so stayed tuned for additional content. But the main thing is pulling needs more content. Whether it is recaps, youtube video, live videos, interviews, weekly summaries, pictures, etc... it all has a place. It can only help the sport.

Paul Romack

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009