Wreck at The Fort July 31, 2022 02:41AM
I heard Evan Smoot had a bad night at the fort. Prayers for him and anyone involved.

Re: Wreck at The Fort July 31, 2022 03:34PM
Far as I could tell he was not hurt. Happened right in front of us. He was out of the vehicle right away.

Would say with this new drag racing type of pulling it's probably not a good idea to turn the front wheels 45 degrees to the right with the wheels in the air at full speed and then get out of the throttle at the same time! Looked like the sled operator did a good job of getting on the brakes and softened the hit to the ground. Could have been much worse than it was.

Re: Wreck at The Fort August 01, 2022 07:01AM
This happens quite easily with Helm style steering.

Re: Wreck at The Fort August 02, 2022 01:48PM
Cliff
This happens quite easily with Helm style steering.

How do figure? Doesn’t the hand on the wheel control the direction they turn and how far they get turned?

Re: Wreck at The Fort August 03, 2022 02:18PM
Correct, but it's the ease and speed at which they turn that is significantly different when the wheels are in the air (as opposed to sitting on the ground with several thousand pounds on top of them).

Re: Wreck at The Fort August 03, 2022 03:05PM
This makes intuitive sense. Did Smoot have helm steer?

CP

Re: Wreck at The Fort August 04, 2022 02:54AM
I always keep my hand on bottom of steering wheel and elbow on my leg to limit how far I can turn wheel. It helps. I glad the driver is ok.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,699, Posts: 229,799, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard