PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 12:50AM
[www.propulling.com]

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 12:59AM
Pro Stock Tractors: Six cylinder blocks ONLY? 33.75 lenght? What about V8's?

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 01:35AM
The way I read that is to allow a recast 6 cylinder block (example Hyper block) but does not ban the V8s. However you can not recast a Perkins or Cat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 01:36AM by MH49.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 04:35AM
Yeah but your pan rails can be 14 feet wide!!!!

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 01:00AM
From the PPL rule book; Computers: Electric fuel injection is prohibited. Except Diesel Truck classes.

I guess this answers the EFI question. My guess is if the EFI can be totally isolated from any possibility of traction control EFI will most likely be allowed within the next couple years.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 11:07AM
Guess farm boys fantisy has no where to run now. what a shame someone trying to take it to the next level and gets outlawed before getting it dialed in.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 11:54AM
Hot Farm Tractor:

Radial tires permitted.
At the class meeting , the pullers said they didn't want radial tires, typical ppl do what they want, now i know where they can stick the class , up there @$##%, , good luck with five less tractors, class rules should be up to pullers not john or christy. total horse manure.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 12:13PM
Don't agree puller should make the rules. Have a input but not make the rules. Have seen more people ran off buy a couple of guys getting a group together to change the rules the way they want them around there truck or tractor. Name me another sport where the competitor's make the rules? The promotors may be seeing something you don't.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 12:24PM
Will ther hot farm class ever make it to Pa ?

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 12:56PM
Can't be very many places left that don't allow radials in a hot/profarm class

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 09:35PM
sounds like where all the tractors pull is the big show, if most of the hot farm leave ppl, which is certain, ipl and orvtpa will be the big show and they vote on there rules as a class. Both of those organizations just keep getting more pulls, ppl midwest region way overpriced, purses are fine, sanctioning fees, insurance, and entry fees are a rip off. ppl is getting rich off of hot farm and then crap in there nest when they put rules in that the pullers dont want.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 13, 2013 03:14PM
Agree hf has obviously never been west and seen how many hot farm/pro field tractors there are and how hard they run. PPL will not miss their 5 tractors. Bad case of big fish/little pond. Better grow up and look beyond your nose.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 01:29AM
i think you are missing the point, i know radials are better, at the meeting we were asked if we wanted to go to radial tires, we said no, because we didnt want to spend the money at this time, we just invested in new tires a couple of years ago, all that were at meeting said no. if we do make a change we want to goto 24.5's so that will be the last time we change. change is not good in a class, always seems to run off someone. stability makes class grow, we have been pulling this class long before ppl ever had the class, it currently is ran by three organizations and when it started it was a group of six or seven tractors, today it currently has approximately 30 tractors with 3 being built currently, it is our class, they are our tractors, are you going to let someone tell you what to do with your tractor, i think not, if ppl wants to go against the class , then there are other places to run with equal to or greater purse and points money available. Other organizations know we are the most economical class for the power in the country and they are getting sponsorship money to pass up ppl purse and points money. if the group wanted radials , why didnt they show up at the meeting and voice there opinion.
the ones that showed up said no, if the whole class runs radials, chances are very high that the tractors will finish the same as they did with bias, so what did we gain , a lower check book is all i see. we dont care what people outside the class think, we run the class, we spend the money to build the tractors in this class, ppl make the money off of the money we spend, it doesn't cost ppl nothing to make these changes. they dont treat us like it is the big show, we are the lowest paid class in the midwest region, lowest points fund in the midwest region, we almost double the tractors than super farm has in the class, we average 12 tractors per event, when you try to talk to them (christy and john) they talk down to you and sometimes can be down right rude. if i talked to my landlords or the people i do business with like them , those people would tell me to take a flying leap. THE CLASS SAID NO AT MEETING, THE CLASS SPENDS THE MONEY TO BUILD THE TRACTORS, HOT FARM IS A BLUE COLLAR CLASS, WE DONT HAVE THE FUNDS OF THE HIGHER CLASSES OR WE WOULD RUN THOSE CLASSES, WE ARE A STARTER CLASS FOR UPPER LEVEL PULLING!!!!

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 03:00AM
So sounds like to me whoever puts radials on will kick everybody's butt and will win the big money and pay for their tires! A classic win win win. FYI a lot of us started in your class and have fond memories of it.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 03:14AM
well if you are not in the class now, stay the %#$^ out of trying to make decisions for it . take care of your own class, you are probably one of the guys were are glad are gone.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 04:29AM
Guess if you want us out of your class then I won't come and watch it. If the tires don't pull better than as someone stated above then what's the big deal. Plus if you want to people to stay out of th conversation then why was it put on a public board. If there is that much problem then vet a group together and call or write the PPL. Run the tires you have for a while then switch over when your ready. Not the first class ever to have change tires.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 07:15AM
the reason the reply was put on here was because this is how we found out, on this page, no letters , no phone calls, and no nothing from ppl. I bought new bias tires, because I was told that at the meeting no changes were made. now what do I do.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 01:15PM
Sell them and get better ones!

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 01:55PM
Not trying to make you mad, just pointing out the obvious. We all have to accept new things from time to time we don't like. When you get lemons make lemonade. Somebody somewhere would love to have your tires. Let them have them and get radials and have an edge on your competition. That is how pulling works.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 03:28PM
Lots of radials for sale. If tried them, you would want them.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 29, 2013 03:21AM
ppl hot farm loosing pulls do to rule change. four pulls gone, will more follow

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 29, 2013 03:34AM
Promoters pick which classes they want. Could it be just maybe they don't want the class? From the way some pullers in this class carry on, there is no incentive for Klint to push the class. Karma can be a bitch sometimes.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 29, 2013 06:50AM
Just curious Which pulls have they lost??????

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 29, 2013 06:58AM
Why would you lose a pull due to a radial tire?

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 12:17PM
Why on earth would you not want radial tires???

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 12:27PM
if all the pullers agree , it should be, if all the pullers dont agree , then leave it alone, we dont want radial tires because we just went to double cut bias three years ago and some of us just final was able to purchase a set last year, would like to wear them out first, if we were to change we want to go to 24.5's, because we know eventually that is going to happen and get it over with, majority of class does not want to change, we have ran this class for 15 years and have only made 5 changes in that period, the class has always grown, we have done a good job of keeping it growing, we have always voted on our own rules, when mapa took on the class with paul graff , paul always worked with us , as long as we were in majority. Then they kicked out paul and slowly started doing what they want and lye to us. Toney works very well with the class, but christy and john use him as the person to take the blame, they are the ones screwing up the class. Good bye ppl , got better places to pull

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 12, 2013 03:43PM
If you want to pull on the big stage, follow the rules. If not , there are plenty to take your place. No room for crybabies at this level.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 13, 2013 12:28AM
You just made my point. Don't want the ruled to change because it dosent fit you tractor. You can still pull in the class didn't see any rules saying you can't. If they don't make a difference then what's the problem. Go and pull in another class like a Mini see a team go through 4 sets a tires in a weekend. Go to any of the big teams and you will see 30 sets or more tires for a year. Not vary many classes that can run tires for years on end. Bet PPL is paying more purse than the other clubs. Beat they will not have any problems getting tractors. Hot Farm is not that hard of a class to get into.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 13, 2013 12:43AM
I don't know of anyone going through 30 sets of tires in a year. I know Wilhite has been running the same set of tires for about 5 years. They get sharpened once a year. If you go through that many tires, you have major setup problems.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 13, 2013 12:52PM
First off was suppose to be 20 set big finger on the phone. But yes know of a couple of mini teams will go through a bunch in a a year. Now the tires are still good for some of us including what we run but they don't pull them more than a few times if that. Now there are some teams that are only going through a couple of set of tires a year but they do there own up keep and sharpening. We made about twenty five pass on a brand new set this year and they are toast. That's with putting gorilla glue on the bars between every pass that we have time to and touching up after every pull. Next year we are going to have two sets so if we have a pulloff or have to run twice we are going to change tires if at all possible. If we run back to back pass we will lose two or three tips on the tread at least per side. Have ripped a whole bar off before. Its not the setup the mini's destroy tire because there is little to no real rubber put in the compound any more. Cepeck has learned to do this so they don't last as long. The big tractors are not as hard on tires that the mini's are. Less revolutions going down the track. Now everyone does not go through that many but some do.

Back on the original subject no one said that you have to run the newer tires and according to the person who said there are only going to 5 tractor. I bet the pay back goes back further than that. You want your class to grow well there are always changes that have to be made to do that and that is going to be one of them.

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 02:11AM
What is a stock style OEM head in super farm,does that mean
recast heads are allowed or only those bought at a Wisconsin John Deere dealer

Re: PPL 2014 Rule Changes December 14, 2013 02:32PM
It seems to me...OEM style means pushrod, valves in head. And that's about it! I think rule clarification is in order before Bamber comes up with trick head!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009