NTPA Schedule December 06, 2022 03:12AM
Surprised no one has started breaking this down yet. Let's dive in.

NTPA has picked up the following pulls off the PPL schedule:

MAC Trailer Winter Nationals. (Indoor)
Benson, NC
Farley, IA.

Benson makes a lot of sense. That is a former NTPA pull. It was also, in my opinion, one of the best performing shows off PPL's schedule last year. Easy to put that one right back where it always was.

Farley shouldn't come as too big of a surprise either. That's a family that is synonymous with pulling, and for decades was aligned with NTPA. I also think that town and family are one of the most committed areas in the world to the success of pulling in general. They weren't going to leave their pull up in the air, and to chance. They got it on a major schedule, as a points hook ASAP. I don't blame them one bit. I think it's an excellent move. I look forward to seeing how it fairs, and if there is anything to be compared between it as a PPL hook and an NTPA hook.

NTPA has dropped the following pulls:

Atwood, TN
Dodge City, KS

Atwood, TN could be described as a mid-major pull that struggled to get off the ground. These pulls come and go, and you see NTPA try these out from time to time. No shocker here. Benson and Farley win out over it anytime.

Dodge City is worth diving into. I would have loved to have seen this pull stay on the NTPA schedule for a multitude of reasons. It had a good date. Now we go all the way from Tomah to Chapel Hill with no Grand National hooks in between. That's almost a full month of pulling with no top-tier events. I also think they had really done a good job slowly developing this pull and it was growing. Finally, it was neat to see NTPA go so far west. That being said, I fully anticipate this pull to go Outlaw now. Nay, let me restate, Outlaw- you guys would be foolish to let this one slip away from you. The west is your area, and a strong up and coming pull is now right in your back yard. (However, its dates may conflict with Rock Valley. I don't know).

Noteworthy pulls up for grabs at the moment:

Henry, IL (would love to see this go NTPA and fill the date between Tomah and Chapel Hill)
Jerseyville, IL (same-ish as Henry)
Elkhart County Fair, Goshen, IN. (Ran the same week as Brandenburg, KY and Fort Recovery, OH. Arguably NTPA's busiest weekend, but too good of a pull to be left alone.)
Mt. Sterling, IL (Outlaw bate)
Hillsboro, WI (Not sure of the date or scheduling here. I think it is the week before Bowling Green? Could Conflict with Rockwell, then? Another awesome pull, that hopefully something happens with)
Wheatland, MO (Don't know why Outlaw wouldn't want this one? But, the name on the Stadium might present some issues??)

Re: NTPA Schedule December 06, 2022 04:10AM
The Dollansky's held the lease at Dodge City to run the facility and be the promoters. As of a couple of weeks ago, they are now working directly for NTPA to drive sponsorship and marketing engagement. If the new leaseholder/promoter intends to book a date, that responsibility now falls to them. Racetracks being leased to someone for operations is fairly common.

CP

Re: NTPA Schedule December 06, 2022 04:28AM
Hillsboro will become a Badger Sate event before an NTPA event in my opinion.

Atwood, TN I believe that the facility was for sale.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA Schedule December 06, 2022 04:46AM
Brent,

Thanks for your input on Hillsboro, and what you do for the sport of pulling. I think there will be a large temptation for several of these pulls to sync up with state-level organizations, and if they feel that is in their best interest, then all the power and support to them. I think it comes down to the mission of the pull, and the vision of that event. I don't think any state level pull has the pull and sway to bring competitors, and therefore notoriety and fans, that a nationally sanctioned level pull does. If boards, and organizations want to see their pull as a statement event, and not just a weekend form of accessible entertainment, I think they should be contacting national level leagues. In other words, if Hillsboro wants to stay big, or get bigger, I think going Badger-State might be a mistake. I have NO idea what badger state pulling looks like. But that is kind of my point. I do know what NTPA, PPL, and Outlaw pulls look like. Big organization = big exposure.

Re: NTPA Schedule December 08, 2022 12:48AM
I'm confused by the direction this thread went.

I was hoping to provide a platform for fans to break-down the only released national schedule for the 2023 season so far. As pulling fans, I thought we would be all over this?? Why did it so quickly digress into diesels vs. alcohol tractors? That is a topic that popped up due to Ross's run in 2019. 3 years ago. That story has developed uniquely over the past three season. Are we not interested in the up and coming 2023 season, and all the intriguing stories surrounding it?

Re: NTPA Schedule, to; Michael December 08, 2022 01:06AM
Thanks for posting about the schedule.
NOTE; It IS a tentative schedule.
Usually NTPA doesn't post a schedule with a lot of "fluff", BUT, things change.
If Jonathan and Kristi put a strong program together, events could shift.
It will be interesting to see how this develops.
Pop some popcorn, with extra butter, and chill, and watch the show.

Re: NTPA Schedule December 09, 2022 03:15AM
I split off the other conversation into a new thread.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member Jason