HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 20, 2013 09:01AM
Well, I have just spoken with one of the directors of the HOI Fair and they want to get a farm stock tractor pull going on the first Saturday after the fair starts. They want to get back to a "local night" there at the fair and hopefully revive some of the fun that was had so many moons ago. I have been tasked with coming up with a class schedule as well as some rules/procedures and would love some input from anyone who will make the trip to pull at the fair. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of being at this pull and it hasn't been around since long ago. Let's hear some opinions and hear from anyone who would like to come and pull here so we can get back to our roots here in Central IL.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 20, 2013 11:33AM
make it a mph pull and it will solve a lot of headaches for you and the officials.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 20, 2013 02:11PM
Some simple rules and let the fun begin. My suggestion would be to make mph classes, 8 & 12 mph, and a hitch height rule. Some pulls divide the competition by having cut and uncut tire classes. My opinion is if you keep the rules simple you will attract more tractors.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 20, 2013 04:29PM
8 to 12 MPH and cut tires, that is not farm stock.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 01:46AM
There will not be MPH limits, there will be turbo size limits that will actually be enforced instead. No one from our area likes or wants to see a MPH limit pull. If we limit the air you can have all the fuel in the world but you won't be able to burn it.

Thinking of a 10K, 12K, 14K, and 12 or 14 open class.

10K 100HP max from the factory 2.31 charger.

12K 170HP max from the factory 2.31 charger.

14K No HP limit, 2.31 charger.

12 or 14 open...No HP limit, 2.8 or maybe 2.6 depending on interest suggestions.

I want everyone to have fun and there will likely be a 200 dollar "pitch a fit" rule...prize money will be high based on all the donations so far so that will be a nice change as well for farm stock guys.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 02:11AM
I pull @ Wyoming,Laura, and Henry. All good pulls but I don't care for the dyno classes at Laura. I refuse to turn my tractor down from where I use it in the field. All three pulls run both farmstock and 2 hot to farm. Check into the rules for those 3 and I believe you would have a good starting point. I am from the Lincoln area always looking for more pulls to go to.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 02:56AM
Sorry If I misunderstood. You are or are not going to dyno?
I forgot funny fuel and other things the eye cannot see with a strictly air intake limit.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 03:30AM
Are you going to run any NA classes?

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 02:42AM
Would you have an RPM limit?

( If we limit the air you can have all the fuel in the world but you won't be able to burn it.)
If you believe that statement what is the reason to dyno them? They will not be able to burn it according to you.
How do you dyno a tractor and really know what it has?
There are quite a few ways to confuse a dyno
My pto slips at 100 hp and the rubber supply line gets kinked.
Oh He_l My stop Knob is not quite all the way in. Damn I am sure I just changed that filter.
Oh I did not know pressing the brakes in or holding a remote in will take horse power
We have been down that road a lot of times. Make sure you have an ample supply of asprin
IIf they are truly farm you will have tractors pulling well below 8mph at those horse power
If they run faster than plow gear they all will be snuffed
Will you find enough plow tractors to put a show on?

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 03:29AM
B.A.M When Farm Stock started around here, I had the same naïve idea that a 2.31 turbo limit would keep speed and hp under control. Within one season, we had tractors running 1-2 over road gear, making 6-700 hp or more, 25+ mph at 12.500 lbs. Nothing against it- it's what the group wants, but it ain't Farm Stock, and if you don't use a speed limit, some of these might show up. You'll either have a bad turn-out or a lot of upset people. I don't pull Farm Stock anymore since I didn't want to build a Pro Farm tractor to do it.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 09:29AM
All good suggestions. I have yet to see someone make 6-700 hp on 2.31inches of air but I'm not saying it can't happen. All of the tractors that make serious power do so with at least a 2.5 charger I thought, however, this discussion is a good one so let's continue it. Obviously this will be a fuel only class, no funny business with N2O, water, or LP.

I don't want to have a dyno class but I don't want a 6030 in the 12K or 10K classes (hence there will be a factory HP limit, this means to say that if the tractor came from the factory with 171hp they will have to pull in the 14K or Open class).

The aim is to have a farm stock class and then a purpose built farm class (ie: Open, whatever weight the populous thinks is suitable there). I want people to be secure in bringing their farm tractors and knowing they will compete with similar hp machines. In Henry there were 17 tractors in the stock class and 11 or so in the "too hot to farm" class...everyone seemed to have a great time with that and the rules were 2.31 for stock and whatever they wanted it seemed in the "too hot" class...it obviously worked well b/c the pull was about twice as big as it was the year before.

The 10K class is more of a 4020/966 class (both were under 100hp from the factory right?)

The 12K for the 1466/44XX crew (both were around 130hp factory)

The 14K class is for the bigger tractors (ie: 2590's and 6030's) but as we all know those tractors can be beat by anyone from the lower classes.

I'd like to have a full on stock appearing/functioning rule for the stock classes, which means WORKING PTO, Hyds, etc. To check things out in the stock classes the thought is that everyone can sign up and pull but the people in the money will be checked post pull and if they're illegal they'll be DQ'ed and the next guy will be checked...and so on until there's either no one left (and no one gets a check/trophy) or we have all legal tractors "in the money."

To answer "Hope it works" yes, we would have an RPM limit. 10% over stock or 2800 max in the stock classes, and 3000 in the open if that suits everyone.

The reason I would like to split the classes up like that is that's what worked best in the 80's and 90's for everyone and that's what seems to work in Wyoming, Henry, Princeton, Laura, etc. More than anything else I just want to get a farm stock class back to the fair and we'll need all the help we can get!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 10:08AM
Thanks for clearing some of that up. The farm stock requirement, (hydraulics, pto, ect): is a good rule as this will keep tractors away that are pulling tractors
and do not belong at this pull.Pulling from a factory hitch with a twisted clevis, no pulling hitches or wheelie bars would really help keep tractors out of this class that do not belong,
Also along with the turbo rule you can prohibit slotted chargers and make sure the wheel protrudes into the bore a fair piece. Also require these tractors run a stock air induction system.
Find a sled that will start out with the pan on the ground and have to be tugged the whole way, this will make the big horse power
tractors drop a few gears lower and keep them from running away.
You also would need cast centers to compete in a farm stock pull.
I would assume the 10,000lb class is NA as both tractors you mentioned do not have blowers.
If you can accomplish this you will have saved a lot of money for those wanting to get into tractor pulling

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 10:19AM
Hope it works, thanks for the suggestions I will incorporate them into this running document that I am taking to the directors. Maybe we should have a N/A 10K class and a turbo 10K (I think Henry and Wyo have this)? Almost everyone around here has a huffer on their 4020/966's so I want those guys to be able to show up and pull but not be out classed in the 12 or 14 classes. Like I said, the aim is for everyone to show up, have a class that they can compete and have fun in, and pull in front of a large(er) crowd again...bonus is this pull is rain or shine as it's a pavilion covered track!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 11:08AM
I pull 4.1 with PPL and at Goshen In they pulled farm stock classes from 8 AM till 4 PM. I watched most all of them and they were awesome. Try and get ahold of somebody from there. It was the best run farm stock pull I have ever seen.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 22, 2013 03:23AM
simple. Stock turbo, or up to a stock 3LM466 since many working farm tractors use them. All the rpms listed above are the rated speeds, not high idle. You need to just put a 2800 rpm hi idle limit on the stock class.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 11:08AM
I think you have fair proposed rules as HP, weight etc.. The only one I am concerned about is no wheelies bars. I think that if some one want the extra safety of wheelies bar it should not keep them from pulling. We pull a pro-farm tractor with all safety equipment and pull at least twice week all summer and I have opportunity to watch lots stock tractors that lift the front end higher that I would want. At one pull a very young man was driving grandpa 1066 and almost got bounce off when front end came down hard. With heavy sled setting at the line and lower gear and big lug tires and clevis hitch you are proposing in my opinion the chance of flip tractor over or bucking drive of makes me nervous. Safety equipment does not make tractor run better it just makes it safer. Remember we are only one bad accident form having the insurance company price us out pulling. Merry Christmas and hopefully some day I can afford to bring the 1206 down and see how it compares to IL. Pro-farms tractors.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 21, 2013 01:42PM
I wouldn't limited them by the safety equipment..

On the turbo limit... If you limit them to smooth bore covers.. Many of the factory turbos had slots.. You'll have to limit it to factory slots or unmofidied slots.. Or just put a limit on the width of the slot... (More work for your tech crew.)
(For an all out pulling class.. Smooth bore is the way to go.. But for factory or farm stock tractors.. It's going to hurt your numbers... )

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 22, 2013 01:36AM
I agree the wheelie bars should be not only allowed but required.
Your stance on the rpms will determine what tractors will win at your pull.
This being a truly stock pull should have very few 466s as most the tractors now sporting 466 motors came out at 414, 404 436, 451 just to mention a few
This being a stock pull why not just go with factory set rpms at the first date of a manufactured model and not the 10% over?.
I believe the IH 414 came out at 2400 rpms along with the 404 JD that was 2400rpms. Case at that time was 451 at 2200 rpms
.AC was somewhere below 2500 as the tacks I have seen on The D21 only go to 2500.
Going with the rpms these tractors were set at delivered to the dealers will even this pull up tremendously.
It is interesting to study the specs on the tractors built in the early 70s and 80s and see how well they competed with other.
on gear selection and Horse Power.
I am sure there are folks that have a lot more information on the factory setting of the rpms.
Factory settings on pumps and parts(no truck motors no 4 wheel drive motors no cummins repowers) will keep the 619: 6030s , 466: 1066,1466, 966: 504: 1175 Cases others away.
If you can do all this you will have done what so many have tried.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 22, 2013 07:05AM
What is FARM STOCK today ???? The old HOI Farm Stock pulls were brought up . I pulled in those from early 80.s till the end , late 90's or somewhere around there . Started out dyno class 120hp max , 12K up to 112hp factory rated took care of 806 , 966 , 4020 etc , 14k up to 13xxhp , dyno to 175hp 43 , 44 Deeres , 10 , 12 etc IH and others . 16k was anything over and dynoed to 225 hp . Seems like all classes pulled around 5-6 mph at the end of pull . plow gear , That is STOCK PULLING . Agreed that is a lots of work to dyno all of those and we all know how to cheat on a dyno reading .
Later it went to 100 rpm over high idle pto rpms . Then came the REPLACEMANT BLOCK rule . IH's with 466's and "STOCK REPLACEMENT 3LM466 and Holset " turbos and what ever else . Some Greens fit in too . I guess with out not getting carried a way here how do we define farm stock . Far as I know the biggest turbo on a stock Deere 466 was a 3LD299 or equivalent AR TO4B 23 IH wasn't any bigger . Now that stock combination on a Deere is good for 275- 300hp maybe more with the right tuneing the rest is up to the driver . Where do we want to go ????? I know I will get flamed for this but that's my Idea for stock pulling . Been doing it for a long time and hope to for a while longer . I have some other ideas but this in enough for now .

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 22, 2013 07:37AM
4020dt, I want those days back but without the dyno. The only class I'm worried about policing is the "stock" classes (10, 12, 14K) the "open" will be just that within reason but people that pull that class should know what they're getting into before they show up.

I'm interested in what kind of turbo rule would work the best for the stock classes as anything else would be too hard to detect or police. The working Hyd. and PTO requirements will keep a lot of things tamed down I think but I'm open to opinions.

If all goes as planned we will be setting the sled up to have a tractor pull for all classes, not a drag race to the pan drop. That should take care of a lot of things as well I would hope.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 22, 2013 02:19PM
Probably the only way to go back to those days is the dreaded speed limit . How do you police turbo rule , unhook pipes and measure , there are so many different variations used that go under the stock replacement idea . Most of us know what a stock turbo should look like hooked up , no special plumbing and all that but who has the guts to enforce it .
8mph to me is plenty fast . Speed limit makes a driver out of you , any body can put her in 6-7th or hi 3rd and run till the pan drops . I would like to see the old style sled operations where it gradually gets you rather than finish in 20 ft .
I have seen sleds rigged with a horn that goes on at a certain speed , you have so many seconds to slow down then next time horn goes on your dq'd .
All standard equipment should be on like mentioned , pto , hyds , 3pt , cast stock wheels , 20.8X38 or 18.4X42 and ALL WEIGHTS fastened securely with proper clearance for hooking sled . I don't think wheelie bars , dead mans throttle or shutoff are necessary for this class .

How

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 22, 2013 11:33PM
I'll be pulling the intake on anyone in the money if all goes as planned.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 02:21AM
You have some good ideas and rules.Now here are some of mine for a stock class.First and foremost,safety is very important and should never be overlooked,allow wheelie bars.If someone does not have them,use a drag chain off the frame.Stock pulling is not at 8 mph.it is done at 5mph and below.I pulled a bone stock 4020 years ago and in a 11000 lb class I pulled in 2nd gear,my 2510 diesel was 1st gear in the 9000lb class.No replacement blocks,466 for a 404,414,if it is stock it should have the stock block.Injection pumps must have all seals.A truely stock tractor has no reason to have cut seals.Keep your rpms stock and here is the real deal breaker,pull the open class first and any pullers in the open class will not be able to pull in stock class.Have each tractor teched at the end of the track,after their pull before going to the pits.This is just my 2 cents,some people will like them,some won't.IF YOU WANT STOCK,KEEP IT STOCK.,AND BE PREPARED TO ENFORCE IT.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 02:42AM
I dont understand the problem. Make the classes run 6mph and it doesnt matter what turbo, what pump, or anything else they want to do. The big dogs cant and wont run these classes. And if the do, the are no longer competitive. It has worked for antiques for years. Just ask youself', if you have ever been in a drivers meeting, who wants to up the speed limit? Thats right.....the ones that spend the big money to run 8 and 10 mph. I dont care what color you pull, no straight from the factory tractor can run 8 or 10 mph in 10, 12, 14,000 lb classes. Make your hitch height, make weight classes, make them run stock rpm, and make them run 6mph and that is as stock "like" as you can make it.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 26, 2013 05:29AM
Speed limit classes,don't want them,won't bring the crowd,Huh?You must remember when uninformed people talk speed limit they are thinking a 3-3.5 mph antique gas engine tractor.Yes I have pulled those,boring to watch like paint drying.Now you bump the speed limit to 6 mph and add some smoke and people start to get excited.I ran my 4020 with a 39 head on the pump and t04 turbo,made about 250 hp. and would run in 6th gear in a 9000 lb class.It blew some smoke and people got excited.In the 12000 lb class,I would drop to 4th gear.Still blew smoke,still had the crowd cheering.These classes ran a 6 mph speed limit.What I am trying to say is,what the crowd sees is as important as what the rules state.If the crowd sees a class that looks like they could compete with their stock tractor,they may try it next year.If they see a class that is going to cost some $$,then they will probably stay away and just watch.The big problem with the later is that after a couple years of the same tractors from out of town winning your crowd starts to leave.Local pullers bring local crowds.You need to ask yourself,who is saying they don't want speed limits,is it the spectater or the pullers?.If a puller doesn't want a speedlimit,that says to me that he can't run that slow.If a spectater says they don't want it,find out what pulls they have been to,probably been to antique pulls running 3-3.5 mph classes.Get out and talk to your local farmers and tractor owners,also known as collectors.Find out why they don't compete in pulls.Ask if they would get involved if they had as good a chance of winning as the next guy?Find out what wieght classes they would compete in.This might help with the division of stock and hot tractors. This is my two cents worth and it really is all up to you.I hope you have a good pull with a good turnout both spectaters and participants.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 26, 2013 08:36AM
We've done all of these things. By a far superior margin no one wants speed limits. Regardless of these watching or competing.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 04:36AM
I understand the concern about the stock classes but a MPH class isn't what we're after. The WORKING hyd. PTO, stock appearing pump, 2.31 turbo rule (or whatever we ultimately decide on) will keep big HP out of the stock class. I have no problem with people putting on wheelie bars etc. so long as the hyd's and the PTO work and it has the pump it came with from the factory on it. The block rule isn't all that important to me either as most 9/1066's as well as most 14's all have a 466 now and that's what most of the deeres pulling (in their respective HP limited classes) will have as well. The stock class will be just that and there will also be an open class for those who choose to run it (albeit with an inducer size limit as well). We all know who should be in what class and it will be enforced at the pull so as to attract as many pullers as we can!

To me sled setup will be far more key than any of the rules (aside from maybe the pump and turbo rule). If the test hook proves that people are going too fast we'll add weight to the sled but I assume pulling with the pan already down will keep the high gear tractors at bay anyway.

The most important rule is going to be "HAVE FUN" and get this pull back to the HOI fair...show them that the numbers are there and so goes the spectator numbers as well.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 05:23AM
not bashing your rules, just saying I have a tractor that will meet every one of the rules you have listed here and it will make an honest 350 hp maybe a little more. If that is what you are looking to get I'm all for it. I'm always looking for new places to pull and this would be close for us.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 05:55AM
I was in no way trying to bash what you want to do. Im just throwing some stuff your way because we have been through this exact same thing. Some troubles with what you want as rules are going to give you fits. Examples: Many D-21's and such tractors were used as "tug" tractors. That means no 3pt or pto's. IH tractors, the pto's were an option. I know of 2 1066's in my area that were bought new with no 3pt's or ptos. And thats not to mention the tractors from the factory with out cast centers. God knows ive got a list of those over the years. So the game begins. I heard all this stuff when we where in charge of the pulls in our area. Thats why it was best for us, and a lot less headaches, to put the 6mph speed limit. It was the great equalizer. But we did offer other classes with out the speed limit. And that helped a lot too. A place for everyone. I hope this helps, just been there went threw that!!!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 06:01AM
If it's got a stock appearing pump, working everything, a 2.31 or smaller inducer (not a slugged down but actual inducer) and made less than 170hp (or whatever we decide the limit is to get an even class) then yes.

Give me some details. What is it? Do the hyds and pto work? Is it a stock charger? Does the air a system appear stock etc? Is it the pump that came on the tractor?

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 08:19AM
Stock appearing pump : 4020's had 33 from the factory , 80-1206's had 37 I think . Most turbo 4020's have 37 heads which will run 110 to 200 or maybe a little more hp . Some run 39 or 45 heads also The Farmalls do the same which will make lots more power that's just an example . The pump is stock appearing though . Probably the give away might be larger lines not bent to original specs . That's an example of the stock Roosa pump the Ambac or Bosch A has even more varieties to choose from and still appear stock . Same for turbos all the way through . So how stock do you want or what speed do you want , just asking .
It's just as casepuller said lots of tractors out there are just like that so the only way your gonna keep speed down is with a speed limit . I've pulled them too , like I said you gotta know your tractor and BE a driver and you'll outpull the hot ones .
Another thing you can do is have some official judging and if one goes too fast dq it and go to the too hot to farm class . They do that in Wisconsin , was up there a few times , one was in a 16,000 class the boy ran our 4840 there ran 4th gear , every one was about the same speed , lead was around 275-80 ft at the time , here comes a honkin 6030 in 7th gear to 340+ ft , they gave him a choice, dq, go to too hot class , or if you don't quit arguing load up and go home .
I think if there is a speed limit 6-7-8? whatever a good puller can set his rig up to run good . You can compete that way without spending $$$$$$$ and have some fun isn't that the way it was supposed to be . When we started years ago seemed like you shined her up , opened up the pump and went to the fair to see if you could out pull the neighbor .

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 08:45AM
If you have a limited air supply and a sled that's set up to pull hard out of the hole the people who spent a lot of money on fuel will just fog the announcer's stand if they pick too tall of a gear, assuming they even get that far. They can't spend TOO much on 2.31 inches of air and not have something that's slugged down. Because the rules will state "no slugs" (if no farm machine ever came with something like that) it would be money foolishly spent unless they run the open class. Even if they did spend a ton on a charger it's still just 2.31 inches of air which isn't much for a stock appearing inducer (no slots, MW grooves, etc.).

Did any farm tractor ever come with a slotted/MW grooved charger? If not, we can put in the rules that no tractor is allowed to have them in the stock class...I want to allow stock looking chargers in the stock class b/c we all tinker and put different things on different models in search of power (mostly just for something to do in the winter I think is more the story) I know what something that isn't out of a box looks like and that will be Open class material per the rules. That's also the big reason we will have stock appearing pump and intake rules (whatever pump came on the tractor is the pump you will have to have to be in the stock class, and whatever air system came on it should be there too). Lots of people will be there to keep everyone honest.

We're going down a good road here but I'm not going to go the route of a MPH limit if there's any way around it. The people I talk to don't want to watch that and, frankly, neither do I, be it in a stock class or not. What we WILL do is enforce rules. The 6030 wouldn't even make it in the 10 or 12K class b/c they came with too much power from the factory. We have one and I want to pull it, but it will be in the class it's designated to which is the 14K (it's got the stock schwitzer, which is junk as we all know, on it still anyway so it's no threat to anyone...proved that in Henry two years ago).

I'm glad that we are all coming together here to converse about a set of rules where everyone has a place and there's a place for everyone...it will make for classes that are full and the probability of our return that much more likely.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 10:35AM
later model tractors do have MWE turbos, but few people are pulling them. 8120 Deere for instance.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 11:46AM
To answer the question about hooks, there were 17 tractors at henry in the stock class and 11 in the too hot. I'd be happy with that. To answer the other question a 966 our 4020 with a turbo will be able to pull 10 12 or 14 if they have a stock appearing turbo. Most if not all have that setup around here on those particular machines.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 11:07AM
I hope you have several people lined up to help you spec tractors. Some talk about if they go to fast move them to the "hot or modified class"
If you are going to do that then you will be running a mph class I would think . I am not sure you know how much HP can be produced with a out of the box 3lm466 charger.
Also not every tractor manufacturer put small pumps on their tractors. An inline pump has a lot more potential than a distributor style pump.
I know where there a lot of stock appearing tractors that are making close to 500 hp on stock appearing pump and a 3lm out of the box
Cut tires are another problem all their own. Will you allow tires that have been spun or ran backwards on concrete? Is sanding cutting?.
We went through all of that and all it does is cause a conflict you cannot win. If you decide they are ok, the protester is mad and the other way the protested is mad.
To many things left to chance will harm your pull and keep your numbers low. Most pullers want finite rules and not left to chance what may be decided the day of the pull by the local judge If you do not need hooks and pay back money is not a problem this may work. In our area there are not enough tractors of the kind you want to have to put much of a pull on.
Do you have a goal as to the number of hooks you would like to have or the amount of time you want your pull to last?
Also 4020s and 966snever came with a turbo s as far as I know. Would these be NA classes only or would they be mixed?
Still hoping it works for you.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 11:39AM
We probably won't need a lot of tech guys because you only get teched if you're in the money. I'll let anyone pull but to get any money or a trophy you have to be legal.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 12:57PM
Is this going to be a local or radius pull only?
How much money are you looking at per class? Thank you

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 23, 2013 01:25PM
Probably 300 to win (we're hoping the small businesses in the area donate some to make a bigger purse since its at the actual fair this time). No radius.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 01:42AM
Was there a stock pull recent yrs in Peoria or was it separate from the fair . I didn't make it to Henry last year can't remember why though was there previous year . I thought they should have a couple farm stock classes , say 11,5 and say 13,5-14 that way it keeps the 44's , 10-14's separate from the smaller ones ie.4020's 806 , 966's etc . I tried to get them to do that at Princeton but they had only one stock 12,500 and two hot farms 12,5 and 14 I think . I'm still trying to convince them differently but don't know whats going on yet .

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 03:55AM
The stock pull in Henry is the day after the proposed H of I date. Why not contact them and see what their rules are. Why reinvent the wheel? Princeton is running the same rules as Henry in their 12.5 class. If there are several farm stock pulls in the area why not get reasonably close on the rules for all of them? There is nothing special about pulling Peoria over any other venue anymore with the poor crowds they pull for pulling. Get on board with the other pulls and make somewhat of a circuit that the avid stock puller can go to without changing his setup. You have to make a pull that fans will enjoy to pay the bills. Nothing will kill farm stock for competitors quicker than a super hot tractor blowing everyone away like occurred in Henry last year with a JD that should have been in to hot to farm. Just suggestions for thought. I am a former stock puller from the old days, now just a fan.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 05:39AM
Just checked Henry's results from last year , your right the top two should be in the too hot class , but they fit the STOCK APPEARING class look . To me they don't look like it but I guess I look too close or something , I know both of the tractors . I don't think they do much in the field . With them out it would have been a pretty good class . The 4440 has been pulling many years and is good running tractor . Now how do you control things ???? They have tried to have meetings to set rules but same old things come up , don't make too, many rules , don't have to enforce much . Sad to say I think the farm stock days we remember are gone . Most all want to drive a 4020 , 806 , 1206 in a parade doesn't take too much work and NO WEIGHTS to lift .The old guys are out of it except for a few , all most of the younger generation wants is to drive their climate , gps controlled plastic electronic tractor .I better not say much more .
I will go back to my two class idea : 11 or 11,500 keeps the heavier tractors out and a 13,500-14or whatever for the heavier tractors whats wrong with that . Too hots get two classes .

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 06:17AM
a mph pull is by far the best way to control a farmstock class, we run them all year long and there is not a single tractor that dominates out of 18 to 25 tractors per class we run 12,500 and 14000 8 mph, some tractors only run 6.5 mph and still are in top of class, making the class very interesting with little teching. .

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 07:22AM
That's what I would like to see around here but I seem to be the only one . How do you set - control the speed . Where do you pull ? Maybe I'll join you sometime . From Peoria all the way north to and into Wi no body wants to talk speed limit . The stock classa is HI 2 or 3 , B 3-4 maybe more and 6-7th .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2013 08:02AM by 4020dt.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 09:12AM
we run a lot around Clinton Montgomery Fayette Bond Effingham counties in southern ill.the sled we use is set up with Agtronics and we also use speed and distance boards at most of the pulls

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 09:20AM
The reason people pull such a tall gear at some places is sled setup and no rule enforcement.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 11:22AM
I know the area mm puller is referring to. If some of the 966 s from that area come to your pull and are teched to your rules , they will pass.
They have hydraulics ptos. Everything you can see from the outside will meet you rules. Some of them still have the 3lm out of the box on them.
They run way less than 2800 in high 2nd to stay under the 8 mph at 14000lbs.
I am certain if you run them at 10,000 lbs and let them bump their rpms up to 3000 you will see exactly what Toolz stated earlier in this post.
A heavy sled setting will not set them back as bad as one would think. Most of these tractors are running double or triple s in the bell housing and they can and will stay on the pedal as long as needed to clean out. Then comes the nasty part. Which ones will be too hot and which ones will be left alone. How will you decide?
The differences in legal fuel that they can run with tuned engines can be large % of the original hp rating for these tractors.
Even if you disqualify a tractor that won by 50 ft. everyone will remember him as the one that pulled the farthest .
Also pullers like to hook. It is nice if they win but the thrill of pulling is enough for some., How will you handle the tractors that can not win because they do not fit the rules but pull anyway? These tractors will only be teched if they win. What about the puller that decides to run 4000 rpms for the heck of it?
You may not catch it until it is to late. For safety you need to tech some of this stuff before they pull.
I am not trying to discourage you only share what I have seen happen.
You are trying to do what the antique people tried 15 or more years ago.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 24, 2013 03:52PM
If someone is gonna run 4k what will teching them before the pull do that teching them after won't if they know the rules. Probably nothing. Sled setting shut the big ones down at a pull summer before last. Big weight out of the hole and no one that tried the high gear got it going. I believe injpumped won that one actually so he can attest... people know who should be in the too hot class and I'd rather turn one away than twenty.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 05:08AM
Enforcing the rules you say or aim to have a farm stock class? Here are some questions, can I pull my 966 that is now a 466, and has a 3lm blower on it? I know it didn't come that way but it's the same as a 10 or 14. Will you do the same for my buddies, they have 4430's. One with 466 an the other a 404. Will you treat all the other brands the same? We can knock off the serial # plates if you want us to. Change the number on the hood too and keep it OEM equipment . These are just a few of the headaches you will run in to. just put a speed limit on it and ...problem solved... What worked in the 80's and 90's won't work now. Technology has changed to much. If you have 2 NA 966 pulling in the same class, one with 414 , the other with 466 how will you know the difference from the outside, when one should out pull the other. Anyway I don't mean to be "bashing" anybody. I just want everyone to have fun. Like Markfarm said don't make it harder than it has to be.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 05:33AM
farmwithIH
Enforcing the rules you say or aim to have a farm stock class? Here are some questions, can I pull my 966 that is now a 466, and has a 3lm blower on it? I know it didn't come that way but it's the same as a 10 or 14. Will you do the same for my buddies, they have 4430's. One with 466 an the other a 404. Will you treat all the other brands the same? We can knock off the serial # plates if you want us to. Change the number on the hood too and keep it OEM equipment . These are just a few of the headaches you will run in to. just put a speed limit on it and ...problem solved... What worked in the 80's and 90's won't work now. Technology has changed to much. If you have 2 NA 966 pulling in the same class, one with 414 , the other with 466 how will you know the difference from the outside, when one should out pull the other. Anyway I don't mean to be "bashing" anybody. I just want everyone to have fun. Like Markfarm said don't make it harder than it has to be.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 05:38AM
FARMWITHIH
farmwithIH

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 05:42AM
There won't be a speed limit. I don't care what motor it has so long as it looks factory. That goes for 619s 466s our any other variation so long as you have the pump that came on it and a 2.31 charger... the hyds and pto better work too. technology has nothing to do with anything being discussed here as we won't be opening up pumps or pulling heads and looking inside. The only technology I'm worried about is finding a variable size compressor opening and since they don't exist we'll probably be fine just having the 2.31 with a protruding wheel rule.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 25, 2013 12:49AM
Redaintdead and 4020dt hit it right on the nail. I have been down hat road before. Put in your speed limit 6,7,8 m.p.h. and save all the headache. I got a headache just reading all this stuff remembering what I went through years ago. Now we have a speed limit sign at the end of the track that tells your speed and gives distance. It's the greatest thing since slice bred. The bottom line is you are running a m.p.h. class anyway. So just enforce it, If you would like to see some of our pulls with the sign go to13kelsysue Beckemeyer tractor pulls. As long as you have a 6 m.p.h. class we have 4020's, 856's, 966's, in the 12,000 pound class they do very well and one year a 4020 won. I totally agree with what mmpuller's post

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 25, 2013 02:18AM
No one wants a speed limit. We are going to do our best to get a big crowd and the speed limit has proven to not be what they want to see around here.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 25, 2013 01:01PM
Again not bashing here, but it sounds like to me you want to keep the tractors running under a certain speed, but you don't want to tell anybody. I want you to get something good going at the hoi fair.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 25, 2013 05:16AM
I don't have a dog in this discussion. What I have seen done in Wi. is 6 to 8 mph tractors less than 100 hp. 10 mph for big tractors would solve all the problems but might be compromise . Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 07:10AM
not to start a bigger argument but what are you going to allow for the "hot" class would it be along the lines of the ISP too hot to farm class or is it gonna be more open?

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 09:20AM
I was going to leave that up to (consult with) Ed, Fred, and the gang from isp.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 02:23PM
I am sure if you have a too-hot-to-farm like our ISP class, several of us will likely show up. Now, as for the stock classes, I hate to say it, but if you make it a 12mph class, none of the hot tractors will want to run that slow, but it's fast enough of a limit that most of the mild tractors won't have to worry about going over. If a tractor can run more than 12mph, then it should be in a hot class. The stock class needs to be 2800 too. Pretty simple, 10, 12, & 14 or 15K. A few of our fairs had a "stock" class that was 12mph.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 02:56PM
Thought is to have a too hot and a stock be separate. Neither having a speed limit. Just like Henry Princeton and Laura Ed.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 26, 2013 10:40AM
I was at the Princeton pull this year actually flagged the 12500 stock class all the rules you are thinking of are a good. Stock turbo size, stock pump, working pto and hydralic, and I like cast rear hubs. The pull at Princeton was fairly even and all appeared stock, all but 1 Deere that was way high on rpm and internal equipment. The 2800 RPM limit is a good rule to even the class out

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 31, 2013 05:33AM
I have to agree with what markfarm said, keep it simple a 6 to 8mph speed limit evens it out. You can have 1000hp if you can't go over 6 mph you have no advantage over the guy that has 150

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 31, 2013 06:14AM
The general consensus is that we're going to follow Henry/Wyoming/Laura/Princeton's suit. Keep a small turbo limit on the stock class, make them run the pump that came on the tractor, and everything has to work. No one wants a speed limit so there likely won't be one.

What we WILL be doing is enforcing rules. The purses are probably going to be high enough to draw a bigger crowd than most pulls and I don't want anyone feeling cheated regardless if they pull in the stock or the hot class.

I will also try and get the sled setup before the pull (with the pan on the ground out of the hole and a solid weight setting) with a tractor so that that's out of the way. I'm hoping to go to the directors in the next two weeks or so and get the final rules/classes set.

Hope to see all of you there with a tractor! It will be fun to get back out on that track for the first time in almost 15 years!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 31, 2013 10:17AM
Hey B.A.M., I pulled @ Wyoming & Henry last year and was lucky enough to finish 5th in the farmstock out all those tractors. If you want give me a call I wouldn't mind talking to ya about some ideas. Cell # 217-306-5962 I am always looking for more pulls to compete in. Thanks-Jason.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 31, 2013 11:17AM
You keep saying no speed limit , farm stock , oem pump turbo etc , now on a 4430, 40 , 1066-86 that's good for 250-300 hp with a little tweakin , not far off am I . That lets you run in 5th , C-2 in a Deere 6 1/2 mph not sure on the Farmalls in 14,000 but it is not 6th or HI-2 . So I will ask again if that's what you want whats wrong with a 6-7 maybe 8 mph . If anyone is riding brakes or whatever dq them . That's the only way your going to get more stock type tractors . Henry , Wyoming and Princeton were pretty good except for a couple . Princeton had more than they have had for quite a few years , they are trying to get things going there again .

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 31, 2013 02:20PM
None of them have a speed limit. No one wants one.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 31, 2013 03:14PM
I understand not wanting a speed limit, but it seems like you are making a lot of rules to keep the speed down and let stock tractors have a chance to compete (which I am in favor of). When one rule (speed limit) can do the same thing.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 12:04AM
But it doesn't. People can be in favor of them all they want but if I bring my 6030 to a 4020 class all other things constant (including the speed) I'm gonna beat that 4020 like a redheaded step child ten times outta ten... and no one wants it is the big reason.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 01:44AM
I agree with you that the bigger stronger tractor will still have some advantages even in a speed limited class. I don't know a whole lot about the deeres, but if you are pulling mostly stock tractors wouldn't the 6030 have to do some excessive stripping to get to a 4020's stock wieght. I'm not trying to argue with you here, just trying to make conversation. I like what you are doing here, and I hope to be able to make it to this pull.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 03:03AM
What I'm saying isn't about 6030s in a 4020 class so much as it is about a power differential not being overcome with a speed limit. A speed limit is a minimal equalizer where power limitation through hard parts is a far better equalizer of pulling ability.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 11:49AM
I guess now I am missing some of the picture. You are going to have a ( power limitation through hard parts is a far better equalizer of pulling ability.)
Did I miss something? The only hard part I thought you were going to limit was the air inlet on the turbo.
All of the other stuff will require a tear down to verify.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 12:16PM
Stock appearing pumps and 2.31 turbo in the stock class are the hard parts I'm talking about.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 01:01PM
Back to stock appearing pump and 2.31 turbo , .330 , .370 , .390 . 450 head on Roosa , all stock appearing , then the OEM replacement 466 with in Ambac which head , or A pump , how many A setups Green also are stock appearing . Stock Deere 404-466 turbo has oring fittings and pipe between turbo and center input manifold . Any other style of hookup is not stock, if the orings are blowing out your way over farm stock . So when one of these stock appearing setups goes down the track almost twice the speed as the rest of the class what are you gonna do ? Also how many classes are you talking about ? 125hp tractors shouldn't pull with 100 . 6030's shouldn't be with 44's , 10's and so on . If you want a 806-4020 class 466's should not be allowed red or green or others also only original block . I know I'm throwing a lot of *****around here lots of which nobody agrees with but I think if you want the stock guys back its gotta be calmed down some more . We've tried meetings different places but seems like more has to be done . Any body going to Gordyville maybe something can be discussed .

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 02:35PM
We hooked a stock 1466 with stock pump turned up all the way.( I think it trashed the pto at the 225 hp or maybe a little more)
It was pulling against the type of tractors you are describing, It powered out in low fourth at about 200 ft.
The tractors for this class were running 8mph and pulling 300ft and spinning out. They are stock appearing. One thing about it you cannot get a field 6030 down to 12500? I do not want to bring a 115 hp tractor to a 500hp pull..I do not want to bring the stock appearing 300 -500hp tractor and get DQed for doing too good.
Another thing to consider is the technology has increased so much in the past few years it is easer to get so much more power from stock appearing components
When you had these stock pulls before who knew how to get 450cc of fuel from a stock red pump

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 05:28AM
Forget I even mentioned the 6030 analogy. It was about a power/speed limit argument.

The classes will have factory rated HP limits (if it came from teh factory with over 175hp you can't pull it in the 170hp and down class).

There won't be a dyno, just a book with what every tractor came with from the factory.

We've all been doing this long enough that we know what tractor should be in what class based on factory rated HP limitations.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 04:18PM
Let me start off by saying that I am completely in favor of what you are trying to do here. There are a good many of us that would love nothing better than to have an opportunity to participate in a contest decided by reading the track, weight placement, knowing the tractor, etc, especially at such a prestigious venue as the HOI Fair. That said, experience has shown that merely specifying stock appearing components and inducer size will not guarantee such a contest, and it is my opinion that you are going to a lot of unnecessary trouble with your rules only to most likely end up with a drag race anyway. I personally wrench on a couple tractors that would be completely legal within the rules that you have outlined thus far, and they typically run 15-18 mph. My advice to you is, if you don't want a drag race, specify a maximum speed and DEMAND that the sled be set appropriately. Your job as a promoter and tech man is made easier, as the "what came on what with what at what rpm" criteria becomes irrelevant and subsequent arguments become moot. The tractor that goes the farthest without going too fast wins, it's as simple as that. Isn't that what you're trying to achieve?

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 11:49PM
I've seen speed limits disproved too many times. I can bring a big cube 6030 in there and slaughter everything if there's a speed limit. Seen too many pro farm motors come in and stomp everyone because they thought a speed limit was a deciding factor. And I'm not sure how people are running 15-18 mph on a stock 2.31 inches of air with working everything. If i could come see one of these is appreciate it!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 01:56PM
B.A.M. There's no question that a hot tractor has an advantage in a speed limit pull, since they have the power to bring up the wheel speed on the far end of the track, but as was said before, if there is a fast class option, those tractors will probably not enter the speed limit class. The way to equalize the speed limit classes is to not allow throttle advancement after 75 or 100 feet- then big power means nothing, and it turns into a tractor pull. That simple rule would scare away the hot ones, in my opinion. And if you want to see stock appearing tractors running fast with a 2.31 turbo, you don't have to go far- just drive east a bit and watch the IPA farm stock, but you won't see 18mph- you'll see 25+.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 11:30PM
I appreciate all of the ideas. As one person said above this has been one of the best discussions here that didn't turn crazy! We're going to get together this weekend and hash out all these ideas then talk to the gents at the fair. I'll keep everyone posted!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 03:33PM
I appreciate the opportunity to express my thoughts on your pull and it is your pull.
That being said you have the right to set what rules you want and police them as you see fit.
I would like to commend everyone that has posted on this topic. There have been many different ideas shared and no one has made any ugly statements.
This is one of the best and longest discussions I have seen on this site that did not turn south, that says volumes about the people and there enjoyment of tractor pulling.
Some of us have put pulls on and we see things differently than those that have not, does not make either right or wrong.
Please keep us posted as to the times and classes you will have. If at all possible I would like to come, if not to pull at least watch.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 01:59AM
it all comes back to speed in a earlier post the comment was made if you go to fast we will tech you, that is a speed pull how ever you look at it. All we are trying to say is save the head aches, whining and excuses and make it simple. If the board wants to see a smooth run pull with little or no B.S. MPH is by far the way to run a simple pull.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 06:09AM
No one ever said if you go fast we'll tech you... if you are in the money we'll tech you.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 01, 2014 02:58PM
All the above posting's is the reason a lot of fairs will not touch these class because all it is a big argument. The rules are the rules pull with them or don't. If they have low numbers then maybe it will change.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 06:44AM
One more question from me. With your proposed rules, how fast will the tractors, for the most part, run? Im pretty sure we all know what the answer to that question is. Do you really want to be yanking hoses off to check turbos? Thats fun for about the first 2 tractors. I do in all honesty hope you have a good pull. But to be honest, Im kidda licking my chops ready to run to your rules. I just think a lot of us are just trying to reach out and save a fellow puller and promoter a lot of head aches. Wish you all the best. Donnie

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 09:17AM
We won't be pulling intake hoses on all the tractors. Just whoever is in thw the money. That way I don't have to tech 25 machines and you get embarrassed if you're outside the rules. There will be some hot tractors there in the 12k and 14k classes I'm sure but if they're out of line in one aspect they'll be dqed. Hop to see you there... hope this happens for us!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 30, 2013 05:26AM
I agree with 4020dt and the people that maintain a speed limit is the best way to run a stock pull. I have been around tractor pulling off and on for over 40 yrs, and I have even been involved in putting on some pulls. I pull as well. 8,10 or 12 MPH is too fast for stock tractors. I pull a factory turboed JD and on a good biting track I can't run the 6 MPH because I don't enough power, but I still bring home trophies. To the guys working on the HOI Fair-- don't make it harder than it has to be. There's a lot to be said for simplicity. That's my contribution.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL December 30, 2013 10:30AM
A heavy sled setting and a short track will even out some of the horsepower issues.
The higher hp tractors will not have time to clean out if you make a full pull at 175ft.
The lower hp tractors will have a disadvantage pulling past a point where the high hp clean out and start to run.
I would guess riding the clutch to 150 and having a full pull at 175 ft will keep the higher hp tractors in check.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 02, 2014 10:54AM
What are the rules for the 12,000lb and 14,000lb classes?

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 05:55AM
Again, what are the rules for the 12,000 & 14,000lb classes? We run 2.75 inlet on turbo, cast center on rear, no PTO, no 3 pt, 20.8x38 uncut tires, no water injection, stock appearing pump. There are about 12 of us. How will the sled be set for this class? If it is set heavy and pulls hard the whole way through, tell us now and we will stay home. The fans and the pullers deserve better than that.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 07:20AM
We're having a tractor pull not a drag race. The sled will be set as such. And 2.75inducers are probably too big for the hot class anywayI

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 11:36AM
b.a.m could you give us some of your back ground as to what you have pulled, what class, year, what the rules were then, build your own or have it built, except for the machine work. when and where will this pull take place? will rpm be checked or recorded going down the track? my tractor meets all your farm stock rules, but on a 300ft track,at 12000 lbs with 2.31 turbo,cam,head,pump worked on i can hit 17, 18 mph easy. but i pull 8 and 12 mph, i'm lucky to get a first place finish every 6 or 7 pulls, what does this tell you?

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 12:36PM
Dad ran the pulls at hoi in the 80's and 90's...been around the sport since birth with our 44 and I do my own work. Your setup tells me you spent a ton of money to win 50bucks and thats about it. Now that my resume and opinion are out here hope everyone comes to the pull and has a good time. I really would like to see some of these stock 3lms that have working hyd and pto etc that run 18mph with a heavy sled. Can we bring a dyno and check them out. All seriousness I want to know what a stock 3lm and some work will make.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 02:02PM
I feel sorry for B.A.M. He just wants to have a pull without all the issues. This is why I went to the 4.1 class. The simplest class in tractor pulling.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 03:38PM
Hey bam I just want to be the first on this thread to thank you for your efforts to bring farm stock/there all to hot to farm tractors back to peoria. The hoi fair has always been one of the elite fairs in our area and to be able to pull there is fantastic. Sounds like to me that you have done your homework and have talked to other fairs in the area to make up the best rules you can...so don't let the rest of the key board pullers get to ya. Just make your rules ... stick to them and do the best you can and the tractors will show...thanks again

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 04, 2014 01:19AM
Cant hold my tractor on my 400hp dyno with box 3LM

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 04, 2014 01:26AM
Oh and my pto is constant running now think something melted in there

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 03, 2014 02:36PM
B.A.M.
Well, I have just spoken with one of the directors of the HOI Fair and they want to get a farm stock tractor pull going on the first Saturday after the fair starts. They want to get back to a "local night" there at the fair and hopefully revive some of the fun that was had so many moons ago. I have been tasked with coming up with a class schedule as well as some rules/procedures and would love some input from anyone who will make the trip to pull at the fair. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of being at this pull and it hasn't been around since long ago. Let's hear some opinions and hear from anyone who would like to come and pull here so we can get back to our roots here in Central IL.

If "THEY" want to get back to a "local night" then make it a Peoria County class only. Go and personally talk to some of the farmers in the area to see if they are interested in coming. Forget about the mph limit and turbo limits and don't ask on here because you are probably getting ideas from everyone under the sun as to what works for them and them alone!

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 04, 2014 02:59AM
10 -12 mph in turbo class, stock appearing,pto hyds,20.8x38 or 18.4 pressed steel,nolimit factory wheels,(no intercoolers if didnt come with one,alot of tractors are putting them on4440s,d21-220, 1066 etc didnt come with them),use aspeed board over once dqd, give them option to pull 2hot 2 farm,keeps them happy, might come back next year if you let them pull,afarm tractor turned up can run a 10-12 mph,IH 2nd high is 12mph, 6030 5th is 10-11 6th is to fast.no water lp etc. 2 hot 2 farm around 18 mph,around here speed limit finish is around 10-20 ft first to last, no speed limit 100ft difference between last and first,speed limit.20.8x38,3000rpm(plug in for rpms required,rent abox for 50 bucks),allsafty equipment required,speed limit, easy to police (ISP tractors run around 16mph a couple tractors running coolers can run up to 22-24 so you need a speed limit). 9000-10000 NA tractors5-6 mph for stock cube tractors 8mph or no limit for big cube and built tractors, 18.4x38 tires, here we have and down there your going to have v8s with 640 cubes and 6 cyl with 530 to 700 cubes, Split class stock tractors some where around5-6 mph hoter tractors 8 mph or no speed limit but safty equipment 3000 rpm ,stock tractors run lower rpm to 3000 rpm, A4020 with 404 good pump will run 120 to 135 hp and a 1155 stock good pump175 not as much lug so no cube limit in stock or you end up with a class of 20 4020s speed limit will make the class close and not elimanate MM masseys case etc. like to see this go over could get some tractors from southern wisc to come down. Another class that would be kind of fun would be 3000rpm only rule,set aweight around 14 to 17000, no assc tractors,(no pro farm, hot farm assc tractors), any motor example 5020 cummins detroit trans plant

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 05, 2014 07:47AM
we are having same issues with what we call pure farm class was thinking about trying combo rule of 5 mph speed limit plus must be open throttle ex no touching throttle at or after 75 ft mark,we have a problem with crowd in stands not likeing speed limit,they dont seem to mind 5 mph as long as they are makin noise and blowin smoke just my thoughts.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 07, 2014 02:31PM
Maybe this has been brought up but will running the same night as Henry's big pull hurt your numbers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 11:50PM by MH49.

Re: HOI Fair Peoria, IL January 08, 2014 01:11AM
Depends on whether people want to watch or participate. If they want to watch, do they want to watch people they know or people they don't?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520