Best type of Foam to use. December 26, 2013 03:18AM
Could someone tell me what's the best type of foam to use in a rearend that is oil resistant. I only want to run about 4 or 5 gal and I want to contain it to the back half of the housing. Thanks.

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 26, 2013 06:42AM
Great stuff foam like you get at any big retail store works well and is cheap

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 27, 2013 03:58PM
Just make sure to fill in the large cavity with hard foam blocks first then Great stuff over it. If you use just the Great Stuff it will not cure if it is too think.

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 27, 2013 05:21PM
Mr Couch- there is a product out there that manufacturers call an "8#foam." It is used for making targets and decoys. I will look up the manufacturer tomorrow and text you.

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 28, 2013 01:14AM
Hey man- I believe the stuff you are looking for is available from U S Composites online. It is a two part urethane foam that comes in diferent densities. I believe the 8 pound foam is what you are looking for. Good luck, Sir!

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 28, 2013 07:14AM
make sure you check it. Oil will break down some Foam

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 28, 2013 10:08AM
the great stuff foam had been in the rear end for couple years when we replaced the ring and pinion. We had to remove a bit and it had not soaked up any oil and had not seemed to break down at all

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 28, 2013 02:48PM
Frantic crew is right.Used it since the 80's in many rearends and never has broke down.

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 29, 2013 07:03AM
It will soak oil sometimes faster than others. Use a 2 part foam it's more dense material .

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 29, 2013 03:01PM
We never had any oil soak into the foam, but it had only been in there for 3 or 4 years

Re: Best type of Foam to use. December 29, 2013 11:47PM
Thanks to everyone who reply. You gave me Good direction.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,737, Posts: 229,873, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM