Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 02:07AM
I saw another thread on here, posing the questions of who would win in a combined class among 10,000 lb grand national pro stocks, and 8,000 lb grand national super stocks. All tractors have to run at their own class specs, but are pulling the same sled, on the same track, with the same sled settings. Who would win? Big Pro's or Supers? I hear these questions a lot, and the answer always seems so debated, but so easy to find out too. Why doesn't anyone just ask Bauer or Bungart what their essential sled settings are. Surely they have a pretty good idea of where each grand national class stacks up against each other, so they have a ball park idea of how to weight each sled each time. If we had to rank the grand national classes in order from hardest to stop (most sled weight) to easiest, here is what I think it would be. This would be my guess also, as to what the fnishing order would look like if ALL classes simply hooked together in a run-what-you-brung style pull.

(I think the first two are obvious)

1. Super Semi.
2. Unlimited Modified.

(The next three to four probably get a little closer, and harder to figure. Here is what I would guess).

3. Modified
4. 10,000 Pro Stocks
5. 8,000 Super Stock Open
6. 8,000 Diesel Super Stock

(The next three are probably pretty close too)

7. Light Modified
8. Light Super Stock
9. Super Farm (This one I really don't know). Weight vs. Horsepower. Usually I go with weight.

10. Diesel Super Stock Trucks (I am biased against this class, because I don't particularly like it, so I might be ranking it too low).
11. Four Wheel Drive Trucks
12. Two Wheel Drive Trucks
13. Minirods.

Someone please ask a sled operatr what they think!

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 02:21AM
Flip 9 and 12.

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 02:25AM
I would say flip 11 and 12

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 06:17AM
Absolutely makes a huge difference, pulled with some guys that would win by a lot, finally measured the hitches, two inches high !!!!!!!!!!!!! When made to pull on the legal level pulling field, - they did not fair so well. Weight and Power and tires, and hitch height all play a role,it's about balance and application.

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 08:19AM
I think it should be 3,5,6,4 with 6 and 4 being close.

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 05:47AM
Are you taking into consideration the drawbar height, those TWD trucks may surprise you.

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 11:18AM
Having run a light mod (single Allison) against a TWD - the TWD put 30 ft on the Allison.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 28, 2023 03:43PM
I was told a few years ago by a Grand National DSS puller that a sled operator told him they could run a DSS class and then the TWD trucks at the same sled setting.

As I said above......that drawbar height makes a lot of difference

This has probably been 15 years ago, so results may be different today.

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 29, 2023 02:09AM
I'd say kiddies pedal pull at BG and sf probably have the same sled setting!!

"This post for entertainment purposes only"

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 29, 2023 01:47AM
Your vehicle sounds a lot more like what I would classify as a light limited modified, as offered by the outlaw class. I was referring to what used to be the light unlimiteds. The class that had all the 2 engine 14-71 hemi's. Is your allison naturally aspirated, or does it have any chargers on it?

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 30, 2023 05:24AM
Allisons have a centrifugal blower on them.

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 30, 2023 11:12PM
This was probably 15 years ago, with a 9.6 blower.
However, by now that single Allison has a hmd supercharger and would be too much for the Outlaw's light unlimited:

4th tractor ... This was the last time we ran it in the European competition in 2016, before concentrating on the twin in Light Mod.

With the second engine mounted, that tractor is still the incumbent European Champion in the modified (vs triple Hemis / 4 Chevy).

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2023 11:17PM by Sascha.

Re: Pro Stock Vs. Super Stock answer March 31, 2023 01:59AM
12 should be at 7 or 8 based on tires and hitch, and 10 should be right behind it. Had the discussion with a Mod 4WD puller and he would want nothing to do with hooking against 2WD. Illini State Pullers run a 6500# open class, you just have to meet the rules of your class. Very interesting class to watch.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520